Price drop but no credit?

hello123

My TA states that I can only upgrade if cabins are available at higher category if the rate dropped and that I cannot get a credit for the cabin I have now. Was not booked with RCCL but Air Transat vacations through TA. Anyone else have this experience. Is there anything I can do to get the lower rate on my current cabin?

Thanks

My TA states that I can only upgrade if cabins are available at higher category if the rate dropped and that I cannot get a credit for the cabin I have now. Was not booked with RCCL but Air Transat vacations through TA. Anyone else have this experience. Is there anything I can do to get the lower rate on my current cabin?

Thanks

Yes, tons of other people run into this issue when they book through a TA.

You can always cancel with your TA and rebook with RCCL directly, if you dont have a special cabin on reservation. Or you can transfer your booking from your TA to Royal Caribbean.

Be aware that your TA may have a cancellation charge for either action. Take that into $$ consideration.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks

I´m not sure how it will work in your case...

From reading your post, not sure if this is correct you used a TA and this TA didn´t book you with RCCL, but with Air Transat Vacations. So there are two more parties involved between RCCL and you.

With this combination I´m not really sure how this can be handled and I don´t think that your booking can be transferred to RCCL, as there is still Air Transat Vacations in between.

Yes, tons of other people run into this issue when they book through a TA.

You can always cancel with your TA and rebook with RCCL directly, if you dont have a special cabin on reservation. Or you can transfer your booking from your TA to Royal Caribbean.

Be aware that your TA may have a cancellation charge for either action. Take that into $$ consideration.

Happy Sailing!

I searched, and they are sailing March 14, so it is too late to cancel w/o penalties.

Our friends had the same thing happen w/ their TA. This is one thing to ask a TA before you book.

To the OP, Good luck! I had one time when I was able to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for the same price. Maybe this will happen to you!

You will still have a great cruise!

Thanks

All I can tell you is I booked through a very big TA ( you would know the name if I told you, but don't think I can on the boards.) We were paid in full and the price went down twice. Both times the TA called RCCL and got us credits. Rccl will give the credit. But I do not know how you TA works it. Hope you work it out.

RCI has this thing * that states "ONLY NEW BOOKINGS" that I have been going over every 4 days with our PVP at RCI. Trying to upgrade for that price they have for new bookings for a Jr Suite its only $100 more then we paid for a Superior Ocean view. They want me to pay $400 ea to upgrade but if I am a newbe booker Its only $100 difference. I get a different PVP everytime I bug them and there are several left for the AOS on Jan 21. I am going to keep at it till the day we leave and at check in, its now just the principal of it. GGRRRR. If I can get 277 sq Ft instead of 202 sq for $100 I will keep trying. I hate those *

RCI has this thing * that states "ONLY NEW BOOKINGS" that I have been going over every 4 days with our PVP at RCI. Trying to upgrade for that price they have for new bookings for a Jr Suite its only $100 more then we paid for a Superior Ocean view. They want me to pay $400 ea to upgrade but if I am a newbe booker Its only $100 difference. I get a different PVP everytime I bug them and there are several left for the AOS on Jan 21. I am going to keep at it till the day we leave and at check in, its now just the principal of it. GGRRRR. If I can get 277 sq Ft instead of 202 sq for $100 I will keep trying. I hate those *

Not true! Dont believe the asterick!

The price of my 3/31 cruise went down in December and all I had to do was call RCCL and ask for the new price. I got the discount, no problem. I always book thru RCCL because TA's are always so reluctant to give price reductions, honor coupons and discounts, etc.

Yes, they do have astericks stating "for new bookings only". My guess is that these are there to deter people from calling RCCL and asking for the reduced rate. The rest of us call RCCL, ask for the reduced rate, and get it.

Happy sailing!

Tell the agent you want to upgrade to a cat W (suite guarantee) $999pp. See what they say.

PS, If you are a Sr, the rate is only $899.

Not true! Dont believe the asterick!

The price of my 3/31 cruise went down in December and all I had to do was call RCCL and ask for the new price. I got the discount, no problem. I always book thru RCCL because TA's are always so reluctant to give price reductions, honor coupons and discounts, etc.

Happy sailing!

Not all TA's, a good one will do all they can to get you the best price including honoring all discounts, coupons and price drops, this is part of giving good service. I think when you deal with some discount agencies they are harder to work on these matters, if you have an agent you can sit in front of, develop a personal/business relationship, they want you as a client, you are a real person and they do what they can to get you the best rates. I know agents that fall into both categories, some will work hard for you, some are just in it to make the commission and dont want to give you anything because they make less, some are tied by company policy, not their choice.

Thanks

Your TA did not book you through the cruise line but through a consolidator who had purchased a block of rooms. The consolidator controls those rooms not the cruise line.

Make sure that you book through the cruise line next time.

In regards to the "new bookings only" comment. A good TA will cancel your old booking and immediately book you a new cabin to get the better rate. This of course assumes:

-You have a good TA

-You are outside the penalty period (cruiselines)

From what was mentioned on another post, your big problem is you are inside the period where you will be charged a penalty. This seriously limits your options. Additionally, is it your TA or Air Transat vacations who is the problem? As mentioned, some vacation companies book blocks of rooms and aren't all that interesting in helping you if they still have an obligation to the cruise line.

Sounds like the best they will do for you is to upgrade you. Not sure how much of a decrease in price you are looking at but the upgarde sounds like the only option to you (I'd keep fighting with the TA however to get the price reduction).

Finally, there are advantages to dealing directly but there are also advantages to dealing with a good TA (shipboard credits, access to lower priced group bookings, upgrades, knowledge). In the absense of a good TA, book it yourself directly with the cruiseline. Find yourself a good TA to use in the future.

Not all TA's, a good one will do all they can to get you the best price including honoring all discounts, coupons and price drops, this is part of giving good service. I think when you deal with some discount agencies they are harder to work on these matters, if you have an agent you can sit in front of, develop a personal/business relationship, they want you as a client, you are a real person and they do what they can to get you the best rates. I know agents that fall into both categories, some will work hard for you, some are just in it to make the commission and dont want to give you anything because they make less, some are tied by company policy, not their choice.

Not necessarily, I use one of those discount agencies and they are very straight in their service promises. They make pretty clear from the beginning that they won´t provide a lot of service and basically you have to do your homework yourself. However they give me a great price and I never had a problem with them at all. I have a coupon, I email them and get it applied to my booking, I need a cabin change, email and it´s done, ... pretty easy and prompt service even though they are a discount agency.

Not necessarily, I use one of those discount agencies and they are very straight in their service promises. They make pretty clear from the beginning that they won´t provide a lot of service and basically you have to do your homework yourself. However they give me a great price and I never had a problem with them at all. I have a coupon, I email them and get it applied to my booking, I need a cabin change, email and it´s done, ... pretty easy and prompt service even though they are a discount agency.

Re read the sentence... I stated SOME discount agencies. Sounds like you found a good one.

Archived