guarantee stateroom???

marsda

We've always reserved a particular class of stateroom. We decided today to take a last minute 5-day on Splendour just for a little break. Thought we'd do an interior this time since we're reserved for a balcony hump on MARINER in Sept. Usually the guarantee staterooms show as NA, but they are available on this cruise for a great rate. Did I read somewhere that when you book this way you have a chance of receiving an upgrade for the sailing? How bad could this be?? We are adventurous for this one, so I'm tempted to book a guaranteed. Any thoughts or suggestions?

~Marsha:confused: :confused: :confused:

We did an inside guarantee also at the last minute for a 4 nite on Enchantment of the Seas leaving jan 25. This is also the first time we have ever done a guarantee. They assigned us deck 4 which is not so bad, but are the first cabin in the bow. Am hoping when we get to the pier that we will be able to change to more midship. Not really asking for an upgrade so to speak just location. Even so, if we cannot change hoping that the movement won't be so bad in the bow since we are not so high up. Hopefully you will get a good location. Have fun.

We also got inside guarentee on Enchantment for 2/17. Just booked 4 days ago and have not yet received room assignment. Guarentee is no longer available and cheapest cabin available on their website is $120 more per person. We'll just be happy to be on the boat, but I'm curious to see what we will get.

VACATION FOOL:

Now that you have been assigned a cabin, you can call RCCL and see what else is available in the catagory you were assigned. If there is anything you like better, you can move. We booked a balcony guarantee on the Voyager in December and after we got our assignment, we called and moved up another floor in the same catagory. This is a fairly new practice with RCCL, so if the first person you talk to you tells you "no", call again.

As a side note, I think a guarantee is the BEST way to go if the price is significantly lower. You could wind up with a great upgrade and if not, you did get a great price.

Happy sailing!!!!!

OK, we canceled our 3 nights for Las Vegas this morning because we're having a big ice storm (I know, but we're in central Texas and everything has closed down... can't get to the airport!). We still feel like gambling, so I just booked a guarantee interior on the 5 night Splendour out of Galveston on Feb 12 for $299. What a deal!!! Can't wait to go! Thanks for your input.

Marsha

Archived