Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Ohhh darn. We've yet to have the same booking with anyone here.

We are so excited we have been paid in full since end of April!!! lol

We've also booked flights a few months ago and are flying in the day before so not to miss the ship.

I will try my best to let you know but be sure to remind me as we get closer. My memory sucks!! lol

I have this cruise planned and one in Nov and have not been fortunate enough to have the same booking on either as anyone on the thread. One day I suppose but it would have been nice to meet a fellow Bronxite :).

A pre cruise hotel is a good option, imo, it takes away the stress of possible flight delays. Since August is during hurricane season, you never know what can happen. Although in 2011 when Sandy touched down in NYC, a pre hotel did not save the day. Instead of resting comfortably in a hotel the day before the cruise folks drove to OH to catch a flight to FL, it was definitely touch and go. Nevertheless, a pre hotel and now travel ins are a must have.

I've read on these boards about the good hotel rates from last minute travel when you call vs booking on the their website. I gave it a whirl and saved a few dollars from my reservation on the hotel's website.

Thanks for the 411!!

Water shoes is a MUST and going on my list (even though I always bring them).

As for Cozumel, we did Paradise Beach our first time there and loved it. This was before they had the pool and swim up bar they have now. This time we were going to go back there and see the changes, however......you are not the first person to put the Nachi Cocom whisper in my ear. We are preparing to book in the next few days, I just have to get the information out to those sailing with us and I had planned to do so this week.

Labadee was a waist as you needed water shoes to get in the water or your feet would get cut.

In Cozumel you should book the private beach called Nachi Cocom(look it up):). It was a blast. For $55.00 you get to drink whatever you want continuously, eat true mexican food, have your own waiter and the place is spotless with only 100 people allowed on the beach and the is crystal clear.

Thanks for the information about the water shoes for Labdee. The last time I was there I forgot to fall asleep the night before and slept most of the day while the ship was docked. I got off the ship with enough time to try the Dragon Tail coaster (what a waste), be haggled by vendors and make it back to the ship. I walked by a beach but did not go near the water. Not even to put my toe in.

I have this cruise planned and one in Nov and have not been fortunate enough to have the same booking on either as anyone on the thread. One day I suppose but it would have been nice to meet a fellow Bronxite :).

A pre cruise hotel is a good option, imo, it takes away the stress of possible flight delays. Since August is during hurricane season, you never know what can happen. Although in 2011 when Sandy touched down in NYC, a pre hotel did not save the day. Instead of resting comfortably in a hotel the day before the cruise folks drove to OH to catch a flight to FL, it was definitely touch and go. Nevertheless, a pre hotel and now travel ins are a must have.

I've read on these boards about the good hotel rates from last minute travel when you call vs booking on the their website. I gave it a whirl and saved a few dollars from my reservation on the hotel's website.

Ohhhh I didn't realize you were a Bronxite. Nicccccccc. What part? I just recently moved to Pelham Parkway after living in Williamsbridge for the several years. I've also lived in the University Heights section. I'm Manhattan born and raised though and I work in Manhattan and do most things in Manhattan. My wife is from Brooklyn. The Bronx is pretty much where I've laid my head since 1990.

As for booking the hotel, I am always afraid to book last minute as it will be just my luck things are sold out or way to expensive. We did get a good $99 a night deal and we're only staying one night so it's cool.

Which sailing are you doing in November? We have our Christmas cruise but we may cancel. I'm already researching 2014 cruises. Are you cruising next year?

Ohhhh I didn't realize you were a Bronxite. Nicccccccc. What part? I just recently moved to Pelham Parkway after living in Williamsbridge for the several years. I've also lived in the University Heights section. I'm Manhattan born and raised though and I work in Manhattan and do most things in Manhattan. My wife is from Brooklyn. The Bronx is pretty much where I've laid my head since 1990.

As for booking the hotel, I am always afraid to book last minute as it will be just my luck things are sold out or way to expensive. We did get a good $99 a night deal and we're only staying one night so it's cool.

Which sailing are you doing in November? We have our Christmas cruise but we may cancel. I'm already researching 2014 cruises. Are you cruising next year?

I'm from the Northeast Bronx closer to the Mt. Vernon border. Williamsbridge/Pelham Pkwy, the #2 or 5 lines, I know the area well. I'm not in NY now but it will always be where i call home. My family is still in the Tri-state area so I'm there often.

I'm giving the Celebrity Reflection, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on 11/30 a try. I've have not sailed on Celebrity before but I've heard from friends that service is a step up from RC, the Reflection is a new ship, which is always good and there was a 123 promotion when I booked. With the promotion we got a classic beverage package for two. You can't beat cocktails included on a cruise. After I booked, I read on the boards that this sailing is the Pied Piper (easy to find online) annual cruise.

Celebrity has the 123 promotion now until 6/19. You can choose pre paid gratuities, airfare credit, the drink package or OBC.

We just did our first cruise of 2013. We sailed the inagural Norwegian Breakaway cruise to Bermuda. The ship is beautiful and we enjoyed her. Bermuda has some gorgeous water and our beach days were great.

Next up.... Allure of the Seas in August. We're also sailing the Norwegian GEM for Christmas.

Very cool! Can't wait to sail on the Breakaway! We sail on Sept 8!!! I have heard such good things about it. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm from the Northeast Bronx closer to the Mt. Vernon border. Williamsbridge/Pelham Pkwy, the #2 or 5 lines, I know the area well. I'm not in NY now but it will always be where i call home. My family is still in the Tri-state area so I'm there often.

I'm giving the Celebrity Reflection, the Eastern Caribbean itinerary on 11/30 a try. I've have not sailed on Celebrity before but I've heard from friends that service is a step up from RC, the Reflection is a new ship, which is always good and there was a 123 promotion when I booked. With the promotion we got a classic beverage package for two. You can't beat cocktails included on a cruise. After I booked, I read on the boards that this sailing is the Pied Piper (easy to find online) annual cruise.

Celebrity has the 123 promotion now until 6/19. You can choose pre paid gratuities, airfare credit, the drink package or OBC.

Where did you relocate to?

I've never seriously looked into any other lines besides Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I did come across a Princess sailing that looked good last year. We're just very laid back and don't have the patience for snotty folks who expect perfection and complain even when there's really nothing to complain about. Not that we don't see it on NCL, RCCL and Carnival but the average joes like ourselves tends to sail those lines.

Ohhhh and we've never sailed with Pied Piper, but I know the company and get the email alerts. We'd love to so an Olivia sailing but their cruise dates have yet to match our schedule.

Very cool! Can't wait to sail on the Breakaway! We sail on Sept 8!!! I have heard such good things about it. :) Glad you enjoyed it!

Oh yes, we had a GREAT trip. The ship was beautiful and Bermuda was sweet and fun. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me anytime.

You are sure right about that.

My wedding gift to my wife was a 5 day cruise to Canada which was a week after our wedding cruise. I even got the okay from her boss for that week off, which was a long shot since we would just be off a week for the wedding cruise.

The best part was me giving her the surprise. We were getting dressed on the ship for the wedding and I handed her a card. After she read the card I told her I hope she would love my wedding gift to her and then I pointed out the cabin window. She was like 'what?!?!', I told her in 10 days we would be setting sail again, on that ship. Fate would have it that the ship we were sailing on was docked next to our wedding ship and our cabin window was facing it. It didn't dawn on me that the ship would be there.

She did not see it coming. She was totally shocked.

My soon to be wife reading her card while on the Norwegian Jewel.

[ATTACH]273815[/ATTACH]

The Carnival Glory right outside our cabin window.

[ATTACH]273816[/ATTACH]

Wow. That is such a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing it.

I've been on cruise critic for a few years and just came across this thread on the mobile app. We live in Canada and got married in Feb. We will be on carnival glory July 9. & RC enchantment aug 19.

I've been on cruise critic for a few years and just came across this thread on the mobile app. We live in Canada and got married in Feb. We will be on carnival glory July 9. & RC enchantment aug 19.

Awww, CONGRATS!!!

I hope you enjoy the Glory. We sailed her in 2011 on a 5 day to Canada.

You are sure right about that.

My wedding gift to my wife was a 5 day cruise to Canada which was a week after our wedding cruise. I even got the okay from her boss for that week off, which was a long shot since we would just be off a week for the wedding cruise.

The best part was me giving her the surprise. We were getting dressed on the ship for the wedding and I handed her a card. After she read the card I told her I hope she would love my wedding gift to her and then I pointed out the cabin window. She was like 'what?!?!', I told her in 10 days we would be setting sail again, on that ship. Fate would have it that the ship we were sailing on was docked next to our wedding ship and our cabin window was facing it. It didn't dawn on me that the ship would be there.

She did not see it coming. She was totally shocked.

My soon to be wife reading her card while on the Norwegian Jewel.

[ATTACH]273815[/ATTACH]

The Carnival Glory right outside our cabin window.

[ATTACH]273816[/ATTACH]

That is a beautiful story...congratulations on your marriage and on pulling off the surprise. And the added bonus of having the Glory in port at the exact right time was perfect...hope you enjoyed Canada...I enjoy it every day...lol

Edited by T.O.Planner

Congratulations on your marriage...hope you enjoy your cruise on the Glory...we've only sailed Carnival and love it. Where in Canada are you located...as my avatar and screen name suggests...I'm in Toronto...:)

My partner and I will be cruising on Carnival Dream on July 6th. Any other LGBT folks out there?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

We're planning on sailing on the Dream but not until 2015...you'll have to update us on how you like it.

We cruise mostly on Celebrity and secondly, Royal Carribean. Celebrity is laid back but we love the amenities, food, and the ports.

Royal is hopping, the food/menu is very good as of late and the shows are fantastic.

We are going on The Brilliance on Dec. 12 for 4 nights from Tampa to Tampa with 10 hours in Cozumel. If the weather looks good, I will pay for the private beach at Nachi Cocom. It's private, only 100 people in total, all the delicious Mexican food and all the drinks. It is inclusive and was only $55. Each.:cool:

That is a beautiful story...congratulations on your marriage and on pulling off the surprise. And the added bonus of having the Glory in port at the exact right time was perfect...hope you enjoyed Canada...I enjoy it every day...lol

Thank you!!

We did enjoy Canada, even though it was only a few hours in Halifax and a few hours in Saint John. Saint John was my favorite for the two. I would love to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls!

We cruise mostly on Celebrity and secondly, Royal Carribean. Celebrity is laid back but we love the amenities, food, and the ports.

Royal is hopping, the food/menu is very good as of late and the shows are fantastic.

We are going on The Brilliance on Dec. 12 for 4 nights from Tampa to Tampa with 10 hours in Cozumel. If the weather looks good, I will pay for the private beach at Nachi Cocom. It's private, only 100 people in total, all the delicious Mexican food and all the drinks. It is inclusive and was only $55. Each.:cool:

I just booked Nachi Cocom for my group of 8 for the first time the other night. I am hearing so many good things about it.

I would love to go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls!

That's definitely a beautiful spot.

Lots of gorgeous, stunning, natural beauty in Canada. The Canadian Rockies, for example -- Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff -- well worth a trip out west!

I love Canada -- way ahead of the U.S. when it comes to marriage equality.

I just booked Nachi Cocom for my group of 8 for the first time the other night. I am hearing so many good things about it.

Clean, as much Mexican food and drinks that you want, hospitable, buy the picture of you all wearing sombreros. At the end of the day, I gave the wonderful waiter a $25.00 tip for 5 of us.

Enjoy!:)

That's definitely a beautiful spot.

Lots of gorgeous, stunning, natural beauty in Canada. The Canadian Rockies, for example -- Jasper, Lake Louise, Banff -- well worth a trip out west!

I love Canada -- way ahead of the U.S. when it comes to marriage equality.

Canada sure is!

Thanks for some insight on good places to visit.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Clean, as much Mexican food and drinks that you want, hospitable, buy the picture of you all wearing sombreros. At the end of the day, I gave the wonderful waiter a $25.00 tip for 5 of us.

Enjoy!:)

Clean...excellent!!!

I'm not much of a drinker but food I LOVE!!! lol

We did Paradise Island the last time we were in Cozumel. We were going to go again because we loved it and they've added a pool since we were last there. Then we started hearing about Nachi Cocom and the positive experiences people have had there. So we decided to try something new and so were all booked for it!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Another suggestion for Cozumel: book a ship's tour to the Mayan ruins at Tulum. It's a long day (including the ferry to the mainland and a bus ride to the ruins), but I think well worth it if this is the sort of thing you like. Tulum is the only Mayan city built along the water, so the entire setting is stunning. (We don't normally take ship's tours, but this excursion is so long and involves the bus and ferry that I would not take a chance missing the ship by using a private tour operator.)

CruiseFeb08145.jpg

Tulum

CruiseFeb08185.jpg

The beach at Tulum

(photos by turtles06)

Another suggestion for Cozumel: book a ship's tour to the Mayan ruins at Tulum. It's a long day (including the ferry to the mainland and a bus ride to the ruins), but I think well worth it if this is the sort of thing you like. Tulum is the only Mayan city built along the water, so the entire setting is stunning. (We don't normally take ship's tours, but this excursion is so long and involves the bus and ferry that I would not take a chance missing the ship by using a private tour operator.)

CruiseFeb08145.jpg

Tulum

CruiseFeb08185.jpg

The beach at Tulum

(photos by turtles06)

Tulum is stunning, I went there when I was on vacation in Mexico, I didn't do it as part of a ships tour, it is the most beautiful of all the Mayan ruins in Mexico...I think it would be well worth the extra travel to get there.