Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

We cruised Celebrity four times last year as well. Really enjoy the line and will be taking them again next fall out of Rome. We like their sister line, Azamara, also. Smaller ships with excellent service. You can use your Celebrity Captains Club benefits on Azamara. Love to cruise....

Our fall TA on the Silhouette is out of Rome. We are really looking forward to a few days there pre-cruise, the Med cruise that starts the voyage, and then the crossing. What X ship will you be on, and where are you headed?

It's great to see other women enjoying Celebrity as much as we do. We haven't tried Azamara yet, but it's on our list when we find the right itinierary, but there are so many things on the list! We did a bunch of Europe this past fall and now are going to do Asia this coming fall.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

We are going on our 5th cruise this April on the Carnival Sunshine, can't wait! I've really been considering Celebrity after our April trip...anyone have any comparison? Was Celebrity fun, friendly, etc.?

Serenity

We think it's fun, but i guess that's subjective and based on what you consider fun. I miss dancing in a club style party, not too much of that except on the shorter cruises in the Caribbean. The Martini bar is lively, and that is fun for us. Shows have been mixed. We enjoy good service, decent food (though it varries), no announcements, almost no smoking and great service, so we think it is fun :) and heck, we're not working, we're crusing!

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen too many folks on this thread posting about sailing with Celebrity (in contrast to the gay guys, who love the line). My spouse and I have really enjoyed our two Celebrity cruises, and have our third with them coming up later this year. Where are the lesbians who love Celebrity? :)

We cruised with Celebrity two years ago and really enjoyed it! It just so happens that we pick our cruises based on where we want to go and usually use Royal, Celebrity or maybe Princess. We have also gone with Holland once.

I haven't seen too many folks on this thread posting about sailing with Celebrity (in contrast to the gay guys, who love the line). My spouse and I have really enjoyed our two Celebrity cruises, and have our third with them coming up later this year. Where are the lesbians who love Celebrity? :)

We love Celebrity. We're taking our 2nd cruise in March and we've only sailed Celebrity. We really like the aqua class. We love Blu restaurant too. We're sailing March 31st to Cozumel and Key West. Can't wait.

We have sailed on Celebrity Century and will be on the Solstice to Alaska in Aug. We are booked in an aqua class cabin so I would be interested in more of your feedback. Last time on Celebrity we were in a regular balcony cabin. Usually sail RCL but I have also been on NCL.

We have sailed on Celebrity Century and will be on the Solstice to Alaska in Aug. We are booked in an aqua class cabin so I would be interested in more of your feedback. Last time on Celebrity we were in a regular balcony cabin. Usually sail RCL but I have also been on NCL.

I'll let others speak to Aqua, as we haven't done that, but overall I think you'll love the Solstice. Celebrity's S-class ships are really beautiful, a definite "wow" factor. We've also sailed with NCL and enjoyed it, but Celebrity is a cut above, a bit more elegant if you will, the food is definitely better, and the no-smoking policy (except in a few designated places) is infinitely better.

Have a great cruise!

We really love AQ. My best gay male friend told me about it, he said it wasn't that much more expensive than a balcony and you got a lot more. We took our first cruise in AQ and its now hard to pick another class. We loved dining in Blue whenever we wanted, we loved sitting with just each other, loved not having to dress up. Loved the bigger room we got, loved the amenities, LOVED the Persian garden.

We really love AQ. My best gay male friend told me about it, he said it wasn't that much more expensive than a balcony and you got a lot more. We took our first cruise in AQ and its now hard to pick another class. We loved dining in Blue whenever we wanted, we loved sitting with just each other, loved not having to dress up. Loved the bigger room we got, loved the amenities, LOVED the Persian garden.

Just to be clear for those not familiar with Celebrity --- the Aqua Class cabins on S-class ships are the same size as other balcony cabins. The amenities and perks are different, but the cabins are not larger. On M-class ships, the Concierge Class and Aqua Class cabins are larger than standard balcony cabins on those ships.

We are going on our 5th cruise this April on the Carnival Sunshine, can't wait! I've really been considering Celebrity after our April trip...anyone have any comparison? Was Celebrity fun, friendly, etc.?

Serenity

Please do share your experience on the Sunshine, as we have been reading some reviews that have us a little on the edge.

I'm so excited! We finally made a decision on which sailing we're booking tonight! Carnival Sunshine 10/4/14 here we come! And the most awesome thing ever is that the Sunshine sails out of Orlando, FL and we live in Tampa, FL. Mini-Roadtrip! Eeeek! Let the birthday celebrations begin!

That's awsome glad you guys made your choice. I will be excited to hear what you all have to say about the ship when you get back. On another note my wife is origially from Tampa, small world!

Yes it surely is a small world. We just moved here in October and love it!

And we have yet again become indecisive on sailing on the Sunshine now because of all the bad reviews. It'll be our birthdays in October of this year and we want to make sure we pick the right ship. My girlfriend has been looking at the Valor 10/12/14 and the Splendor 11/01/14. The only thing that bothers me about these ships is that they do not have 2.0 upgrades. I love Guy's Burger Joint, Cucina del Capitano, and Bonsai Sushi and none of these will be on either of those ships. This really sucks :(

Hopefully, one of the members on this forum who will be sailing in April on the Sunshine can bring some good news to us.

Yes it surely is a small world. We just moved here in October and love it!

And we have yet again become indecisive on sailing on the Sunshine now because of all the bad reviews. It'll be our birthdays in October of this year and we want to make sure we pick the right ship. My girlfriend has been looking at the Valor 10/12/14 and the Splendor 11/01/14. The only thing that bothers me about these ships is that they do not have 2.0 upgrades. I love Guy's Burger Joint, Cucina del Capitano, and Bonsai Sushi and none of these will be on either of those ships. This really sucks :(

Hopefully, one of the members on this forum who will be sailing in April on the Sunshine can bring some good news to us.

We're actually looking at the Valor for April 2015 and I too am disappointed that it doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades. We've never experienced the 2.0 yet but we will be in less than 60 days as we are booked for May on the Breeze. The Valor itinerary for next April is great for us because it visits 5 port and 3 of them will he new for us!

We're actually looking at the Valor for April 2015 and I too am disappointed that it doesn't have the 2.0 upgrades. We've never experienced the 2.0 yet but we will be in less than 60 days as we are booked for May on the Breeze. The Valor itinerary for next April is great for us because it visits 5 port and 3 of them will he new for us!

Never experienced 2.0 upgrades?! I must say they will definitely spoil you. If you're into sushi, be sure to check out Bonsai Sushi. The green tea cupcake and the Wagyu Dumplings are delicious. Be sure to also check out Cucina del Capitano for lunch(which is free) and for dinner as well(which is not free). And I'm pretty sure you all have heard all of the wonderful things about Guy's Burger Joint :) Also, the Blue Iguana Cantina serves these awesome breakfast burritos and tacos for lunch.

Just talking about these things are making miss them. I don't know if I can sail on a ship without them! Oh the agony! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks calicakes & turtles06. We are definitely looking forward to it. I have been on two cruises to Alaska before but my girlfriend has not so I can't wait for her to see the glaciers & definitely plan on taking advantage of the Persian Garden! :)

Hey ladies - I've been following this thread for a while but haven't had much to add until now.

My wife and I are headed out on the Carnival Sunshine March 23rd & I can hardly stand the wait. This is my 5th cruise & her 6th all on Carnival. We've enjoyed the 2.0 upgrades before and can't wait to have a ship with a serenity deck!!! ;)

Hey ladies - I've been following this thread for a while but haven't had much to add until now.

My wife and I are headed out on the Carnival Sunshine March 23rd & I can hardly stand the wait. This is my 5th cruise & her 6th all on Carnival. We've enjoyed the 2.0 upgrades before and can't wait to have a ship with a serenity deck!!! ;)

Yay! Please if you have any spare time when you come back, feel free to share your thoughts of this ship. We want to sail on her in October, but what to hear a review firsthand from someone before booking.

• 3 weeks later...

So we booked a quickie sailing literally 2 weeks before the sail date. Just got back this morning. The Carnival Ecstasy was very interesting for us being that we have sailed on the Breeze and the Liberty before. We would walk from the aft to the front of the ship not realizing that we had passed the mid-ship elevators due to how small the ship was lol.

Had an awesome time in Key West and Cozumel and we just made the best of it despite missing our 2.0 upgrades.

Still trying to make a decision for October or November of this year. All we do know is that whatever ship we choose via Carnival, it "must" have the 2.0 upgrades. That is all....

Never experienced 2.0 upgrades?! I must say they will definitely spoil you. If you're into sushi, be sure to check out Bonsai Sushi. The green tea cupcake and the Wagyu Dumplings are delicious. Be sure to also check out Cucina del Capitano for lunch(which is free) and for dinner as well(which is not free). And I'm pretty sure you all have heard all of the wonderful things about Guy's Burger Joint :) Also, the Blue Iguana Cantina serves these awesome breakfast burritos and tacos for lunch.

Just talking about these things are making miss them. I don't know if I can sail on a ship without them! Oh the agony! :(

I'm definitely not a sushi girl, but did you say CUPCAKES?!?! lol I do like dumplings so I may have to check it out. I am looking forward to the taco offerings and the steak house. Mostly though, I can't wait to try Guy's just to see if all the hype is real to my taste buds.

So we booked a quickie sailing literally 2 weeks before the sail date. Just got back this morning. The Carnival Ecstasy was very interesting for us being that we have sailed on the Breeze and the Liberty before. We would walk from the aft to the front of the ship not realizing that we had passed the mid-ship elevators due to how small the ship was lol.

Had an awesome time in Key West and Cozumel and we just made the best of it despite missing our 2.0 upgrades.

Still trying to make a decision for October or November of this year. All we do know is that whatever ship we choose via Carnival, it "must" have the 2.0 upgrades. That is all....

That is exactly how I felt years ago when we did RCCL's Majesty of the Seas. It was our first RCCL sailing and I swear I learned the ship in two days. That actually took away the fun. Last year I Allure of the Seas and NCL's Breakaway, now talk about a ship. The mega the better in my opinion. I never got bored on the Allure. I think once I sail the Breeze in three weeks I will never want anything other than 2.0.

I'm definitely not a sushi girl, but did you say CUPCAKES?!?! lol I do like dumplings so I may have to check it out. I am looking forward to the taco offerings and the steak house. Mostly though, I can't wait to try Guy's just to see if all the hype is real to my taste buds.

That is exactly how I felt years ago when we did RCCL's Majesty of the Seas. It was our first RCCL sailing and I swear I learned the ship in two days. That actually took away the fun. Last year I Allure of the Seas and NCL's Breakaway, now talk about a ship. The mega the better in my opinion. I never got bored on the Allure. I think once I sail the Breeze in three weeks I will never want anything other than 2.0.

I can't wait to try RCCL! We have to get our coins up a little for them because of all the awesome alternative dining offerings, but they are definitely on our "must sail" list lol. I dunno if anyone knows but the Carnival Sunshine has a cool little mini getaway on 4/17/14 for 2 days to Freeport, Bahamas. I can get anyone a family & friends discount of $99pp for an interior guarantee for 2 ppl. We're sailing yet again! Addiction at its finest!

I can't wait to try RCCL! We have to get our coins up a little for them because of all the awesome alternative dining offerings, but they are definitely on our "must sail" list lol. I dunno if anyone knows but the Carnival Sunshine has a cool little mini getaway on 4/17/14 for 2 days to Freeport, Bahamas. I can get anyone a family & friends discount of $99pp for an interior guarantee for 2 ppl. We're sailing yet again! Addiction at its finest!

If you do any of the RCCL ships start with ALLURE of the Seas; one word... FABULOUS!!!!! The Oasis booking was suppose to be my dream sailing but the Allure's Sunday departure was better for us (they do the same itinerary) and it was a great cruise. We did this one as our annual family and friends cruise and every guest of ours enjoyed this trip. Not even one complain.

Now see, if we had easy access to Florida I'd take you up on that Sunshine offer. We live in NYC so flying out of FL although nicer, is more expensive on our end. Oh, and also with a May and August cruise already booked my job would never approve me any more time lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been on the NCL Breakaway? We just booked it for the end of the month. I had knee surgery and off work for two months so we thought LETS DO IT lol...

We were on the Sunshine in Jan and def loved the 2.0 upgrades though probably not my favorite ship...but for me a day at sea it much better than a day at work!! lol...I would not say no if I was asked to go again!!

We are booked on the Breeze in Nov which we loved..will be our second trip on her!!

Still hoping to try celebrity one day also!!