Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Does anyone here cruise on princess? :)

I have been on Princess a few times. I think it is a good company to cruise with but the demographics are a bit older. I have also cruised on HAL but decided not to go with them anymore because of the demographics (and I am 55). I am currently into cruising on RCCI. Do you have any specific questions about Princess?

Lol thanks Nancy! @turtles she's very active and I think she's worried that she will feel trapped and have nothing to do. I think the only way she will know for sure that is not the case is to take a cruise! I'm trying to talk her into a little 5 or 7 day on one of the fancy ships so she can see all of the cool perks and activities. She's a Taurus. Stubborn creatures!

Will someone please convince my wife that cruising is awesome? She refuses to go on one with me :(

If you take her on one of the newer ships, I recommend RCCL's Oasis or Allure, she will fall in l love with cruising and never be bored. The own down part is that once you take a ship with all the whistle and bells, it's a drag to sail anything less than!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Lol thanks Nancy! @turtles she's very active and I think she's worried that she will feel trapped and have nothing to do. I think the only way she will know for sure that is not the case is to take a cruise! I'm trying to talk her into a little 5 or 7 day on one of the fancy ships so she can see all of the cool perks and activities. She's a Taurus. Stubborn creatures!

There's of course plenty to do! One of my favorite things is getting up early in the morning and walking a couple of miles around the deck. So beautiful to see the ocean and get a good walk in. There's the gym if she's into that. The pool. Sit in a lounge chair and read a book. All the stuff the ship sponsors (but yes, a lot of that is not for everyone, like bingo). Shows in the evening, or sit in a bar and listen to music. Ports of course, if you have them on your itinerary. Or do nothing! I can stare at the water for hours. It's the utmost in relaxation. Surely she could spend one week on a ship with you trying it out to see if it's for her? :) (I might stay away from anything shorter than 7 days; too short might be more of a booze cruise)

If you take her on one of the newer ships, I recommend RCCL's Oasis or Allure, she will fall in l love with cruising and never be bored. The own down part is that once you take a ship with all the whistle and bells, it's a drag to sail anything less than!

My spouse and I will be testing your theory next week. Our most recent cruise was a TA this fall on RCI's brand new Anthem of the Seas. Talk about bells and whistles! :) Next week, we are boarding the NCL Gem for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. It will be our third time on the Gem and despite all the "toys" on Anthem, we are looking forward to it. We loved Anthem, but there was something a bit frenetic about it -- all the reservations that you needed to make, stuff like that. I think we'll be quite content to be back on a smaller ship. I'll come back and let you know if I suddenly started screaming "I miss North Star!" in the middle of our Gem cruise. :)

There's of course plenty to do! One of my favorite things is getting up early in the morning and walking a couple of miles around the deck. So beautiful to see the ocean and get a good walk in. There's the gym if she's into that. The pool. Sit in a lounge chair and read a book. All the stuff the ship sponsors (but yes, a lot of that is not for everyone, like bingo). Shows in the evening, or sit in a bar and listen to music. Ports of course, if you have them on your itinerary. Or do nothing! I can stare at the water for hours. It's the utmost in relaxation. Surely she could spend one week on a ship with you trying it out to see if it's for her? :) (I might stay away from anything shorter than 7 days; too short might be more of a booze cruise)

My spouse and I will be testing your theory next week. Our most recent cruise was a TA this fall on RCI's brand new Anthem of the Seas. Talk about bells and whistles! :) Next week, we are boarding the NCL Gem for a 10-day Caribbean cruise. It will be our third time on the Gem and despite all the "toys" on Anthem, we are looking forward to it. We loved Anthem, but there was something a bit frenetic about it -- all the reservations that you needed to make, stuff like that. I think we'll be quite content to be back on a smaller ship. I'll come back and let you know if I suddenly started screaming "I miss North Star!" in the middle of our Gem cruise. :)

Hahaha... don't let me here screams all the way here in the Bronx!

We loved Quatum so I know what you mean about Anthem. Since then we went smaller with Carnival Liberty but luckily there were 5 port days to keep us busy.

my wife and I love to cruise, we are getting to go on RCI in march on OSAIS of the seas with our 5 year old son. I (femme) am 33 and my wife of 9 years is (butch) 49 we have never had a problem. I am more active I hit the gym, run, swim, and workout. she is more relaxed loves to read, people watch, relax and chill. our little one has been on Disney ( he loved it) and carnival ( not so much)

Hahaha... don't let me here screams all the way here in the Bronx!

We loved Quatum so I know what you mean about Anthem. Since then we went smaller with Carnival Liberty but luckily there were 5 port days to keep us busy.

my wife and I are going on oasis of the seas in march for a 9 day with our 5 year old.. how did you guys like the boat?

my wife and I are going on oasis of the seas in march for a 9 day with our 5 year old.. how did you guys like the boat?

For me the Oasis felt comfortable like my favorite pair of shoes. I wasn't awed by it because I has already cruised it's sister ship Allure. They are like fraternal twins. The ship is beautiful but more importantly there was a lot to see and do. I don't like being bored on a cruise and I wasn't. My 4 year old God daughter LOVED the kids club. She barely wanted to be with us adult.

Thought I'd introduce myself in here. New to cruise critic. My wife and are on the Gem in a few weeks. Our second time on her and third cruise. We tend towards quiet and that NCL class suits us nicely. Glad to see this thread!

Enjoy your cruise! My spouse and I board the Gem tomorrow -- our third time and fifth on the Jewel class ships. We really like them too.

Edited by Turtles06

Thought I'd introduce myself in here. New to cruise critic. My wife and are on the Gem in a few weeks. Our second time on her and third cruise. We tend towards quiet and that NCL class suits us nicely. Glad to see this thread!

Welcome, it gets kind of quiet in here at times so it's great to have new cruise lovers with us. We were married on the Norwegian Jewel so of course she hold a special place in out heart.

I know we're only at the tail end of January, but what sailings have everyone booked for 2016 thus far?

My wife and I are on the Coral Princess in mid-September for a wine country coastal cruise. We did essentially the reverse itinerary 3 years ago on the Sapphire and loved it

dogdoc2002

I know we're only at the tail end of January, but what sailings have everyone booked for 2016 thus far?

Im looking at empress of the sea 4/11 with some friends but Im also looking at booking another as a solo just dont know what yet.

I agree that she won't really know until she tries it. There are a lot of things to do on the ship. I really think she should just try a 5 day cruise.

We were booked for Norwegian Escape in June and financially it's been tough this year. Just when we thought we had to cancel some money came our way. Not only that we took advantage of the $99 a cabin booking promo Carnival had this weekend and booked the Vista for November. Can someone say CRUISING!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, everyone! It's been ages since our last cruise (didn't realize how long until I logged in!!). My wife (Nicole) and I are taking my mom on a cruise Sept 10, NCL Allure! Super excited and we can't wait! I have heard great things about the ship. Who knows? We may sneak in a short one between now and then! :0

Tiffxx

We are leaving on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore a week from Saturday. It's an eight day cruise stopping at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. In October we are on the NCL Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda.

We hadn't cruised in a decade and went last year and now have two booked for this year. My wife said "we are not going on any cruises in 2017."

So I booked another one for January 2018! :p

Cheers, everyone! It's been ages since our last cruise (didn't realize how long until I logged in!!). My wife (Nicole) and I are taking my mom on a cruise Sept 10, NCL Allure! Super excited and we can't wait! I have heard great things about the ship. Who knows? We may sneak in a short one between now and then! :0

Tiffxx

Nice!!!

We took our 1st cruise in 2004 and didn't take our next until 2009. It seems like we've been hooked eve since.

Did you mean RCCL Allure of the Seas? If so, I LOVE that ship!

We are leaving on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore a week from Saturday. It's an eight day cruise stopping at Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. In October we are on the NCL Dawn out of Boston to Bermuda.

We hadn't cruised in a decade and went last year and now have two booked for this year. My wife said "we are not going on any cruises in 2017."

I LOVE how you think!!!

2018 sounds like a plan!

We enjoyed Grand Turk.

Hello everyone, I love to cruise so does my girlfriend! had a great time over New Years on Allure of the Seas, definitely the minority but no issues with PDA some people stared at us but thats their problem, we weren't obnoxious just enjoying ourselves. Was a very romantic trip. Staff acknowledged our relationship and were very welcoming. Never been on an all girl cruise, sounds interesting but I love RCCL and Celebrity. We are going Celebrity Equinox in June for my birthday, can't wait. Anyone know what to do in Mykonos? Be there for my bday.

OK, so I was just checking out some posts on this thread and found this post. I hope you're enjoying your cruise and you see this when you get back. In all honestly, what caught my attention was your "mainepaddler" name. I am in Maine and a sea kayaker. I'm somewhat active in SMSKN when I have time and have other friends that are "family" that also paddle.

Are you base in Southern Maine? Downeast?

Hope you had an amazing cruise!

Happy sailing,

Jenna