Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

We have been together 3.5 years and been married for just over a year. Let's just say that we could easily have been together for over 20 years if we had met earlier! :)

We live in the UK. Do you guys live in Sweden or the UK?

My fiancé and I are getting married on this cruise!!!! (The escape end of January... Feel free to crash if it's the same week!)

Whooo Hooooo!

Congrats!

My wife and I were married on the Norwegian Jewel in 2011 and it was great. Our cruise ship wedding experience/review is linked below.

I love cruise ship weddings. Wishing you a great wedding!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Not sure if I've posted in here before! My wife and I have been married for 9 years. Officially anyway, legally for 4 years. Hahaha.

We've been cruising for 5 years and are addicted, as you can see in my signature!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We've done Olivia cruises and love the experience, but find we can get much more for our dollar on regular cruises. We've been together 9 years and love to cruise. We've never had a bad cruise experience, but would enjoy more "like-minded" company to share the adventures with from time to time. We usually plan at least one cruise a year and we'd love to be in contact with other women who regularly schedule "non-lesbian only" cruises.

Out next cruise is 2/25/07 on the Island Princess to Hawaii.

If you're out there, let us know. We can share experiences and potentially plan something together.

Guys...you're not excluded. We'd love to know of you're going to be on any future cruises so we can meet.

We just learned about FOD on our last cruise. Didn't know it existed prior to that.

Good sailing!

Any 'family' on board for the 31 Jan 2016 cruise to New Caledonia?

• 1 month later...

We had to miss cruising this year but we've just booked on Voyager of the Seas for a south Pacific cruise in April next year. A couple of places we've been and the addition of Fiji. Excited again and would love it if there were other 'family' on board too. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to convince my wife to cruise. I have taken one Caribbean many years ago. We have been together 13 yrs and got married 5/2014. That was such a privilege. We would like to know what line seems to be the most accepting and where did you go. I know some places are not accepting and we want to be ourselves. We don't hang or slobber all over each other but we do have some tatesful PDA and I want to be comfortable doing so. I would love to hear your experiences and maybe with that I can persuade her to go. Thanks so much for sharing. By the way, I am 47 yr and she is 43 yrs. I have also looked into Olivia, (many, many times), but the costs are twice as much. Don't feel we should have to do that. I know the world is changing, but there are still haters and we want to be safe.

I am trying to convince my wife to cruise. I have taken one Caribbean many years ago. We have been together 13 yrs and got married 5/2014. That was such a privilege. We would like to know what line seems to be the most accepting and where did you go. I know some places are not accepting and we want to be ourselves. We don't hang or slobber all over each other but we do have some tatesful PDA and I want to be comfortable doing so. I would love to hear your experiences and maybe with that I can persuade her to go. Thanks so much for sharing. By the way, I am 47 yr and she is 43 yrs. I have also looked into Olivia, (many, many times), but the costs are twice as much. Don't feel we should have to do that. I know the world is changing, but there are still haters and we want to be safe.

She has to want to go, but you know that. I think Celebrity has been very supportive and popular in the community, as there are many lesbians and gay guys who sail on it, but I think that is actually true of all the lines and you'll find "family" on every line. Olivia used Holland America most frequently, but also NCL and Azamara (connected to Celebrity), I've had friends sail on Royal Caribbean a number of times, as we have, as well as the other major lines and Celebrity just hosted this fundraiser while Eclipse was in NYC:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153754683290879.1073741864.92998025878&type=3

They've also had commercials like this:

Unfortunately, most (many?) of the islands in the Caribbean aren't terribly supportive and have had issues at some time or another, but in general the tourist destinations are fine, just be safe as you would anywhere else and maybe be more careful in port. I think the Eastern Caribbean itineraries generally go to more supportive and progressive locations than in the western Caribbean.

We sailed Olivia on a 2-1 and haven't seen one of those for a while until very recently when I had an email for one. We don't feel the need really as we do get more bang for our buck on other cruises and we always seem to meet some great "family".

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As you can see from my closing my partner and I have sailed Carnival a number of times and we've never had a problem. We're very careful in port but anyone really paying attention knows we are together, we don't hide it but don't flaunt it either. On board the ship nobody really pays attention.

I'd love to do an Olivia cruise but can't justify the cost...do you know how many mainstream cruises we can take for the cost of one with them...a few...lol...especially when most mainstream cruises are pretty accepting these days.

Pick your cruise based on locations you want to visit and funds available...forget about others and enjoy. I know it's easier to say that when coming from a place that is open and accepting of the LGBT community but on every ship I've sailed on it's been pretty good. :)

We have sailed NCL multiple times and will be again in January, also Royal Caribbean. My wife and I are 44 and 45, we have never had any issues. As you say we are not slobering over each but if we want to hold hands, or give her a brief kiss we will. There are quite a few gay couples generally on board.

We also have looked at Olivia the price is too high for the ships and to be honest I don't think we could put up with so many gay girls in one place! When we are in the Caribbean Islands we are much more cautious than on ship.

We were hesitant our first cruise however it was the best thing we ever did! Our cabin is made up as a double and never had any issue with stewards or anything.

I think by "normalising" our relationships it's the best thing you can do. In Sweden and the UK it is illegal to discriminate against gay people at all. I know the US is not quite there yet......

In the last year alone my wife and I have sailed on Celebrity, NCL, and RCI (just returned from a fabulous TA on the stunningly beautiful new Anthem of the Seas) and it's just not an issue to be a gay or lesbian couple on a cruise ship.

Might the locals be a problem in some ports? Depending on where you go, yes. I wouldn't be holding hands walking down the streets of Jamaica, for example. (Actually, I wouldn't be going there period.)

As for Olivia, we took two Olivia cruises back in the '90s and enjoyed them both, but with the sea change in our culture (no pun intended), it's just not necessary to pay their whopping lesbian premium in order to cruise now. I laugh when I get Olivia's "2 for 1" emails; it takes a "deal" like that to get their prices back into the realm of being competitive. Not ruling out Olivia forever (might be fun to do a river cruise with them), but we just don't need to be on a ship full of lesbians any longer to be comfortable on a cruise.

We are 47 & 46, have done 6 cruises in the last 6 years, with 2 more booked. We haven't ever had an issue, though we refuse to cruise to Jamaica.

We have Sailed HAL 2 X to Alaska (3rd in May). Loved the crew, and found it a nice experience, even though we are younger than HAL's target audience

We have done 2 Carnival Cruises (Mexico and Caribbean), but will most likely not sail them again. We didn't experience any homophobia or issues like that, but we aren't party people or super outgoing, we just didn't fit in

We did NCL 2 X. We loved them in Europe (Jade, a smallish ship), but did the Getaway out of Miami and did not like it at all. It was too big, rooms too small, too many people for the ship, crew were unhappy

We did Disney in January (won that cruise), on the Magic. We loved it so much, we are going again in January. Not sure we would have tried it if I hadn't won the Cruise, but now it is our favorite line.

For us, we like a comfortable room, food I can eat (severe allergies), and crew that seem to enjoy their job.

We hope to try Royal soon, but with 2 booked, and taking 3 in a 6 month period, it may have to wait a year or two!

For us, we like a comfortable room, food I can eat (severe allergies), and crew that seem to enjoy their job.

This sounds exactly like my criteria for a great cruise!

I'm planning our second cruise, on the Celebrity Solstice next summer to Alaska. My wife and I have been married 7 years, together for 12. We're in our late 30s and live in California. We love to travel, but she wasn't into cruising until I convinced her to go to Disney World, which was the gateway drug for a cruise. She has a food allergy and is a vegetarian.

We're bringing friends along on our next cruise so we're guaranteed to have at least 1 other queer couple.

Also thinking about taking an Olivia cruise. It would be nice to be surrounded by lesbians.

• 2 weeks later...

We've cruised mostly on NCL, a couple times on Celebrity, one on RCL and most recently a river cruise with AmaWaterways. We've never experienced any problem on any cruise due to our relationship. In general, people who travel tend to be open-minded and accepting of those different from them. We've met wonderful people, most of them straight, in our travels. We have no need to be surrounded only by LGBT, so paying Olivia prices is out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We also have looked at Olivia the price is too high for the ships and to be honest I don't think we could put up with so many gay girls in one place! When we are in the Caribbean Islands we are much more cautious than on ship.

My wife is 42 and I'm 39, and both those reasons are exactly why we haven't gone- my wife says there's no way she could be on a ship for a week with that much estrogen.

We've sailed 5 times, the last 4 on Princess (first was NCLA) and never had a problem. As the original question asker said, no major PDA's, but we'll walk all over the ship holding hands, an arm around the shoulders, quick kiss, etc.

dogdoc2002

Edited by dogdoc2002

Will someone please convince my wife that cruising is awesome? She refuses to go on one with me :(

Dear Renstr's wife: Cruising is a great way to vacation. You unpack once, you have great entertainment, you can do as much as you want or as little as you want, food is plentiful and good, you get to meet some really nice people, you get to see a lot of other countries, and there are tons of fun things to do on the ship. Give it a try just once to see what you think....especially if your wife wants to go. It really is a fun way to vacation.

Nancy