Lesbian Couples who love cruising

mithryl

Awww darn, how have you been able to carry on since missing that Allure sailing lol.

Sorry your move didn't work out. We got in on that RCCL 50% off second guest

promo that was happening for the last few weeks. Most of my 28 guest, including

myself saved a few hundred dollars on next year's Oasis sailing. This was especially

good for us because we have to spend money on airfare to sail out of Fort Lauderdale.

As for the Valor it was so cheap that I don't even mind it not having the 2.0 upgrades.

I already have excursions in mind for the 5 ports and that will also make up for it.

I really feel that less time will be spent on this ship so I won't miss the 2.0 upgrades

that much.

We actually started cruising in 2004, but it was 5 years later that we took the second

one and another 2 years for the third one. Although we now have 8 cruises under

our belts, we still won't be high ranking members since we jump from cruise line

to cruise line. We have no favorite and just sail on the ship and/or itineraries we like.

Yeah I was pretty let down about the Allure of the Seas cancellation, but it just didn't work with the dates that we thought we would be moving. But regardless of that, we did sail earlier this year on some short sailings on the Ecstasy and Sunshine.

We're now deciding which ship we'll be sailing on for our birthdays in October. We currently reside in Tampa, FL by way of Fort Lauderdale, FL. So we have been looking at the Sunshine yet again(because that's a 2 hour drive from our house), the Freedom and the Paradise(only because it sails out of Tampa).

We have honestly been sticking to Carnival sailings because we love the "fun ship" vibe. Also not to forget that I actually worked for Carnival for some time in the past. We have been scared that other cruise lines may be a little too "stuck up" for our taste. But we definitely are looking to see what the RCCL cruise vibe is like.

My girlfriend really likes more of the updated ships and I'm all for the exploration at the different ports. So that's when our Libra scales just don't balance out together when it comes down to choosing a sailing. But we always come to a conclusion one way or another. LMBO!

Hopefully, we'll bump into you gals one day 😄😃

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I'm not thrilled about sailing with no 2.0 upgrades but since we will spend

5 of 7 days in a different board I can deal with it. This will be our 10th cruise so

we are more excited about having 3 new ports to visit with this sailing. At times

it seems like we are running out places to see since we mainly sail from the east

cost.

Today was my last day of work. I am officially on vacation. We are cruising next

week on our longest sailing to date, 9 days. This is the family and friends cruise

we give every year. We have 14 cruisers this year. The group cruise for next

summer is already booked too, that has 28 guest and we are doing the Oasis

of the Seas which is better than any 2.0 upgrade. If your up for it, you and your

other half should join this sailing it is going to be better than the Valor one as

far as the ship goes. We cruised the Oasis sister ship last August, Allure of the

Seas. FABULOUS !!!

John Heald just announced today that the Liberty and Valor are switching in March!!! Yay 2.0 upgrades!...I'm ready to book lol!

image.jpg.1cd72b568e9db17df6d15bdb9ce5a2c8.jpg

Edited by Rockstarmami

Awww darn, how have you been able to carry on since missing that Allure sailing lol.

Sorry your move didn't work out. We got in on that RCCL 50% off second guest

promo that was happening for the last few weeks. Most of my 28 guest, including

myself saved a few hundred dollars on next year's Oasis sailing. This was especially

good for us because we have to spend money on airfare to sail out of Fort Lauderdale.

As for the Valor it was so cheap that I don't even mind it not having the 2.0 upgrades.

I already have excursions in mind for the 5 ports and that will also make up for it.

I really feel that less time will be spent on this ship so I won't miss the 2.0 upgrades

that much.

We actually started cruising in 2004, but it was 5 years later that we took the second

one and another 2 years for the third one. Although we now have 8 cruises under

our belts, we still won't be high ranking members since we jump from cruise line

to cruise line. We have no favorite and just sail on the ship and/or itineraries we like.

As you can now see the girlfriend is now ready to book since the Valor will be swapping with the Liberty lol. So we're looking to be on the Lido as well(Close to the food as well). Are you all forward, mid, or aft on the Lido? Right now there are no midship Lido cabins available, so we are looking to book Lido forward. Since we're most likely going to say hi or at least have dinner with you all, we wanted to see if we could be a little close. We're going to go ahead and book now, if anything we'll just switch cabins to be closer to you all.

John Heald just announced today that the Liberty and Valor are switching in March!!! Yay 2.0 upgrades!...I'm ready to book lol!

WHAT?!?!?

I had no idea.

Does the cruise line usually notify those booked?

I haven't been online much since we got back from the Explorer of the Seas last week.

I know nothing about that ship so I guess I have some research to do.

As you can now see the girlfriend is now ready to book since the Valor will be swapping with the Liberty lol. So we're looking to be on the Lido as well(Close to the food as well). Are you all forward, mid, or aft on the Lido? Right now there are no midship Lido cabins available, so we are looking to book Lido forward. Since we're most likely going to say hi or at least have dinner with you all, we wanted to see if we could be a little close. We're going to go ahead and book now, if anything we'll just switch cabins to be closer to you all.

I am in total shock right now.

I had no idea they did things like this.

Not that I mind being on a ship with better amenities, because of course I do.

The change just surprised me.

In fact, I know what cabin I booked on the Valor so are we automatically placed in

the same cabin on the Liberty? We booked Lido mid, I hope that wasn't changed.

I booked this while we were on the Breeze, but I have to contact my agent and see if

they had sent her anything.

I emailed my agent last night and she contacted Carnival. Here's the letter she emailed me last night. The cruise line forwarded to her an official letter and an official letter to give to clients.

dunu7yqy.jpg

WHAT?!?!?

I had no idea.

Does the cruise line usually notify those booked?

I haven't been online much since we got back from the Explorer of the Seas last week.

I know nothing about that ship so I guess I have some research to do.

I am in total shock right now.

I had no idea they did things like this.

Not that I mind being on a ship with better amenities, because of course I do.

The change just surprised me.

In fact, I know what cabin I booked on the Valor so are we automatically placed in

the same cabin on the Liberty? We booked Lido mid, I hope that wasn't changed.

I booked this while we were on the Breeze, but I have to contact my agent and see if

they had sent her anything.

You must start following the Brand Ambassador "John Heald" via Facebook. He makes all of these type of announcements and all current activities going on with the company. And if you request a new email guest confirmation of your cruise, you'll see that it now says Carnival Liberty db1225239e4b673bbd601eeddd8e5b3b.jpg See picture above!

But I'm pretty sure they put everyone in the same locations. Carnival is usually on top of things like that. But yesssss be happy! 2.0 upgrades woot woot! The Alchemy Bar will be my frequented spot. As well as Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Cantina for breakfast burritos and lunch tacos. Woot woot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must start following the Brand Ambassador "John Heald" via Facebook. He makes all of these type of announcements and all current activities going on with the company. And if you request a new email guest confirmation of your cruise, you'll see that it now says Carnival Liberty db1225239e4b673bbd601eeddd8e5b3b.jpg See picture above!

But I'm pretty sure they put everyone in the same locations. Carnival is usually on top of things like that. But yesssss be happy! 2.0 upgrades woot woot! The Alchemy Bar will be my frequented spot. As well as Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Cantina for breakfast burritos and lunch tacos. Woot woot!

Hey there, I see we both will finally be sailing with someone from this thread!! lol

I know of John Heald as I remember his blog pre-Facebook. I just didn't know that

those kinds of things were posted about before guest were even notified. I've liked

him on Facebook now that I know it's the fast track to information lol. My online

Carnival account has already reflected the changes, see photo.

We will be on the other side of the elevator and down the hall towards mid from you

ladies. We've also booked 'your time' dining. We've dined that way once before and it

was okay. I prefer early seating but since most of the ports we will be in sail away at

5 I thought it best to do the 'your time'. We will definitely meet up with you guys for

dinner, and maybe even some lunch so we can chow down on a Guy's burger!!!!

Drop me a line when you get a chance: det1969 AOL.

gu2yzesu.jpg

Edited by Lipz
typos

Hey there, I see we both will finally be sailing with someone from this thread!! lol

I know of John Heald as I remember his blog pre-Facebook. I just didn't know that

those kinds of things were posted about before guest were even notified. I've liked

him on Facebook now that I know it's the fast track to information lol. My online

Carnival account has already reflected the changes, see photo.

We will be on the other side of the elevator and down the hall towards mid from you

ladies. We've also booked 'your time' dining. We've dined that way once before and it

was okay. I prefer early seating but since most of the ports we will be in sail away at

5 I thought it best to do the 'your time'. We will definitely meet up with you guys for

dinner, and maybe even some lunch so we can chow down on a Guy's burger!!!!

Drop me a line when you get a chance: det1969 AOL.

gu2yzesu.jpg

Yes, although John's sense of humor is rather cruel at times; he does do his best to announce Carnival related things before they are released massively. Yay!! We'll finally meet people like us on a cruise. And I'll contact you soon.

Yes, although John's sense of humor is rather cruel at times; he does do his best to announce Carnival related things before they are released massively. Yay!! We'll finally meet people like us on a cruise. And I'll contact you soon.

Yes I remember that too, from reading a few of his past blog entries.

I believe I've said hello to your other half on a different thread. It will be nice meeting you both. There is another couple I met on CC (male couple) and we were all on the Breeze in May. They may join this sailing too.

A friend of mine just got off the Valor yesterday with our same itinerary. She's giving me a few port ideas. I still have to research the ports as I really haven't. We've only been to St. Maarten and St. Thomas already. In St. Maarten we took the water taxi right across to Great Bay Beach and in St. Thomas we took a taxi to Magen's Bay.

What are you'll going to do?

Yes I remember that too, from reading a few of his past blog entries.

I believe I've said hello to your other half on a different thread. It will be nice meeting you both. There is another couple I met on CC (male couple) and we were all on the Breeze in May. They may join this sailing too.

A friend of mine just got off the Valor yesterday with our same itinerary. She's giving me a few port ideas. I still have to research the ports as I really haven't. We've only been to St. Maarten and St. Thomas already. In St. Maarten we took the water taxi right across to Great Bay Beach and in St. Thomas we took a taxi to Magen's Bay.

What are you'll going to do?

We've spoken on Ship Mate and in the Roll Call :-) I'm looking at pre-cruise hotel rates...

We've spoken on Ship Mate and in the Roll Call :-) I'm looking at pre-cruise hotel rates...

Looks like I get around....lol

I've had two friends visit San Juan this summer. Both were staying closer to the

beach in San Juan, until one got a good price in Old San Juan right at the Sheraton.

She was just got off the Valor yesterday. The Sheraton is cool since it's in walking

distance to a lot of shops and restaurants in Old San Juan. I'm just not sure I want

to stay on OSJ pre-cruise. We've been twice and have yet to go to a beach so I'm

thinking of staying on the other side of San Juan. We're looking at coming in Friday

the 17th. I wanted to come Thursday but that's my son's 25th birthday. When are

you ladies flying in?

Either the day before or day of, luckily we're in FL and have access to multiple flights from multiple airports we can drive to if I can't get a good deal leaving from TPA. The hotel prices I saw were $110+, I'd rather spend that on excursions for us :-( (I guess we're spoiled...never had to fly to cruise before)

Looks like I get around....lol

I've had two friends visit San Juan this summer. Both were staying closer to the

beach in San Juan, until one got a good price in Old San Juan right at the Sheraton.

She was just got off the Valor yesterday. The Sheraton is cool since it's in walking

distance to a lot of shops and restaurants in Old San Juan. I'm just not sure I want

to stay on OSJ pre-cruise. We've been twice and have yet to go to a beach so I'm

thinking of staying on the other side of San Juan. We're looking at coming in Friday

the 17th. I wanted to come Thursday but that's my son's 25th birthday. When are

you ladies flying in?

I emailed you. Maybe we can all chat as a group on Facebook if you want. They have this new messenger app now.

Either the day before or day of, luckily we're in FL and have access to multiple flights from multiple airports we can drive to if I can't get a good deal leaving from TPA. The hotel prices I saw were $110+, I'd rather spend that on excursions for us :-( (I guess we're spoiled...never had to fly to cruise before)

I think we've flown to cruise about 4 times now. Back in 2004 when we did our first cruise on Carnival Imagination, we flew to Miami and did a 4 day cruise. We weren't sure if we would get sea sick or just not like it so we did a short cruise.We flew to Miami again for Majesty of the Seas in 2009. Then last year we flew there for Allure of the Seas and this year we flew for Carnival Breeze. I don't care to fly but the cruise options here in NYC are more limited. The best part of cruising from NYC is that we can take a taxi from door to port, and port to door!

I have't even looked in flights or hotels, but since we are from NYC I want to spend at minimum 2 days in Puerto Rico. We've done Old San Juan twice and now I want to see the other side of the San Juan. We did 3 days in Miami back in May before the Breeze because we had always flown there to cruise but never visited. It was nice.

I emailed you. Maybe we can all chat as a group on Facebook if you want. They have this new messenger app now.

I am so glad you told me here. I hadn't received your email so I just checked my SPAM and there it was! I'll reply with my FB info.

• 9 months later...

Hello ladies,

My wife and I are planning ahead for 2016, and wondering if anyone has great suggestions for Asian or Australian cruises. We are Americans, currently living in Darwin Australia. Perhaps a NZ or South Pacific cruise?

Cheers,

Elaine & Lisa

Hello ladies,

My wife and I are planning ahead for 2016, and wondering if anyone has great suggestions for Asian or Australian cruises. We are Americans, currently living in Darwin Australia. Perhaps a NZ or South Pacific cruise?

Cheers,

Elaine & Lisa

A suggestion... My wife and I are on the March 12th Auckland to Sydney HAL Noordam cruise. It stops in several location in New Zealand then Hobart and Melbourne. We plan tour NZ for a week before we join the cruise. This should still be in good weather but after all the school breaks. Since it starts in Auckland you don't have to cross the Tasman Sea twice.

Our family visited Darwin a few years ago as part of a Australia visit. My Dad flew out of the Darwin area during WWII and his bomber (Milady) is in the outback across the bay at a memorial site where it crashed (after his return). When we got to the wreckage my Dad's crew picture was there. It was an amazing experience. We are so glad they still take the effort to keep up the site.

Jaye and Mary Lou

Edited by jmps

• 2 weeks later...
A suggestion... My wife and I are on the March 12th Auckland to Sydney HAL Noordam cruise. It stops in several location in New Zealand then Hobart and Melbourne. We plan tour NZ for a week before we join the cruise. This should still be in good weather but after all the school breaks. Since it starts in Auckland you don't have to cross the Tasman Sea twice.

Our family visited Darwin a few years ago as part of a Australia visit. My Dad flew out of the Darwin area during WWII and his bomber (Milady) is in the outback across the bay at a memorial site where it crashed (after his return). When we got to the wreckage my Dad's crew picture was there. It was an amazing experience. We are so glad they still take the effort to keep up the site.

Jaye and Mary Lou

Sounds like you have a great vacation planned!

We just booked RCL 8-day South Pacific cruise to New Caledonia in Feb 2016. Such a steal during the free balcony upgrade sale in July!

Best wishes, and maybe we will bump into you one day :)

Cheers,

Elaine

• 3 weeks later...
I just stumbled across this thread....

My wife (Swedish) and I (British) are on the NCL Escape for two weeks in January 2016.

Anyone else?

Nice!

We're doing Escape June 2016.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just stumbled across this thread....

My wife (Swedish) and I (British) are on the NCL Escape for two weeks in January 2016.

Anyone else?

I thought my wife had posted without telling me until I saw the NCL Escape detail! :) I am Swedish and my wife is British. Swedish and British seems to be a winning combination. :)

We have a couple of Royal Caribbean cruises lined up including a transatlantic next spring.