Just Got Home From "MY" Maasdam....

sail7seas

:) We arrived home a few hours ago and I have yet to gather my thoughts etc, but just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

"MY" Maasdam treated us so very well and we had a fantastic, wonderful, fabulous time. I cannot add enough superlatives as we enjoyed every minute aboard.

I'll post more comments later but until then, just want to say that we loved the crew, enjoyed the food greatly, adored being back on that beautiful ship and are eager to go again. We knew a number of crew persons and met new folks (and made new friends.). Maasdam has a great crew IMO and we enjoyed service and friendliness and excellence as good as we have ever enjoyed on any "dam" ship. We have enjoyed as good before but this truly did rate up among our best cruises in that respect.

Some aspects of Signature of Excellence changes are in place on Maasdam. Some were very nice; some made little or no difference to us.

I was sad to leave "MY" ship this morning but enjoyed every minute aboard.

:) Welcome Home sail7seas

We are anxiously waiting for your review.

Did you have the same suite as the last time when you had all the plumbing problems?

Someone mentioned that HAL is going to add some new dinner choices in the Pinnacle Grill. No one seems to know when these items will be added to the menu. Was there anything different on your menu?

Did you get to see Mylene & Ronald? I know that they just have a few weeks left before they leave to go home.

:)

Great to hear of your positive comments re: the Maasdam. We are looking forward to being on the October 16 sailing, Montreal to Norfolk.

Our experience aboard the Volendam last month has provided us with a wealth of positive memories as well. Take care.

Thanks everyone. We tried very hard to stay aboard for the next cruise. We asked if they heard of any cancellations on a Suite to let us know and we would stay and cruise again. Sadly (for us), no one cancelled their Suite. But...that shows what a wonderful time we had or we would not have wanted more.

KK.........I didn't try the sugar free muffins. I tried to "behave" myself and didn't have too many pastries etc (some....but not a whole lot).

Welcome Home :). Like Heather, I thought of you also today, knowing you would be disembarking. I am so glad to hear your trip was as wonderful as mine. Looking forward to you sharing more after you are settled.

Marie

:) We arrived home a few hours ago and I have yet to gather my thoughts etc, but just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

"MY" Maasdam treated us so very well and we had a fantastic, wonderful, fabulous time. I cannot add enough superlatives as we enjoyed every minute aboard.

I was sad to leave "MY" ship this morning but enjoyed every minute aboard.

Just curious. I have seen you post this before. What is with the "My Maasdam' bit?:)

Roadwork - (and S7S please correct me if I am wrong) - It is a term of endearment. Sail has been on this ship NUMEROUS times, and it is one of her favorites, if not her favorite..........

Marie

Thanks for your take on this. It just sounds a little strange to me, that is why I asked. I am sure there are numerous people who have sailed the same ship numerous time, but I never heard them refer to it as "My ship". I think eveyone has a favorite ship but it does not belong to an individual. :rolleyes:

This board would look very strange if eveyone referred to their favorite ship as "My ****Dam".

Thanks for your nice messages.

Yes, Marie....you are correct. How nicely you expressed how fond I am of that beautiful and elegant ship that has provided us with so many wonderful cruises. We know a number of crew persons aboard "MY" Maasdam and they seem to get a kick out of my reference. They are proud of their ship and it makes them happy when a passenger so obviously loves the ship so much.

Peter D == We will also be on the Oct. 16 sailing along with 8 other friends. Looking forward to cool weather. Hope they post some tours for New London, New York and Boston -- nothing so far. The last time we did this trip they had a shuttle in Boston to the city center from the ship and many local tours available from that area.

Cruising Illini from Florida

S7S,

okay now for the $64,000 question

Did you and DH have the now infamous "anniversary cake" *LOL*

:)

Vicar,

Great question and yes it is the $64,000 question. I am sure there are many that are curious but do you really think we will ever know the truth after all that has been posted about this? I am sure there are some that would admit they ordered the cake, but other would say NO rather than get the "Cake Discussion" going again.

Roadwork,

i know what you mean,

I was just asking because I know how much it meant to her to share her special time with her DH on her favorite ship . And I had hoped that she didn't let a few nay sayers talk her out of something so special.

Vicar...Roadwork...you know what I hope? I really hope S7S doesn't answer you. In fact, S7S, I implore you not to. Even in your absense a thread had to be deleted.

As to calling it "My Maasdam", where I come from this is a very common form of endearment. We use it when referring to favorite restaurants, people, dogs, and places. Doesn't mean the person thinks it belongs to them, it simply means they love it very much.:)

Hi, S7S! Welcome home and I've already read enough to know your had your usual wonderful time on 'Your' Masdam!! Can't wait to hear more from you because you're always so generous with information for us newbies. Dolores

Heather

I see what you mean

please believe me that I only asked because I really do hope that she did go through with it and get the cake because I know it meant a lot to her and I hope she enjoyed it.

Although I asked innocently enough, I did not think about what you are saying . That with some people it would start a whole tirade of BS all over.

S7S is a very dear sweet lady and all through the whole cake "controversy" I believed 100% that she should have gotten it, and wrote several post to that effect When I did pose the question, I did so out of genuinely caring that she enjoyed her cake on her beloved ship.

It was certainly not my intention to start all that garbage all over again.

Why is it that folks who are "visible" are always targets?

Roadwork, I am quite sure you wish me well as you have absolutely no reason not to. We have never met nor communicated privately....and most likely never will.

IF I EVER ANSWER ANY QUESTION here; if I ever state anything here on this Board or on any other, it will always be the absolute truth I believe it to be. I am very sure you would not intend to imply otherwise. You would be so far out of line you would not do that, would you? Until and unless you can prove otherwise, you have every reason to believe anything that comes off of my keyboard. is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief.

As to "Did we enjoy an Anniversary Cake"? ........hmmmmm, Heather and Vicar have made me think about whether to respond? Shall we take a poll??? :)

As to why another thread had to be removed when I wasn't even here......I won't even Ask!! Some times some things best remain unknown.

(Thank you Vicar.....your post was so kind.)

Ah, Vicar, you make me feel so awful! I never meant my words to sound critical of you in any way. I'm sure you recall what happened last week while S7S was gone. What started as fun banter just went haywire.

So I was just trying to put out a word of caution so as not to get THAT going again;) !!!

S7S, it was your innocent question about the cake that went wild and Walt, in his infinite wisdom, decided to remove it. As he said, it was your question and you'd already left on your cruise so there was no reason for further debate. I hope that you enjoyed your anniversary celebration and I'll just leave it at that.

Thanks, Heather.

Groan.........I can only imagine!!! Best I don't ask more. :rolleyes:

We enjoyed every facet, every minute, every single thing about our cruise. In many respects, this cruise would rank among our top ones for sheer fun and pleasure and enjoyment.

thank-you for posting. We will be abouard Maasdam Aug 21 and again August 28. it is our first time with HAL. We are really looking forward to the cruise so it is great to read your positive comments.

Sail7Seas,

Take it easy, don't get your feathers ruffled. I did not intend to imply you would tell an untruth or that you do not tell the absolute truth.

What I was trying to say was it might be better not to get into the entire subject of the cake.

I did say I am sure there are some that would admit they ordered the cake, but others would say NO rather than get the "Cake Discussion" going again.

I was generalizing and it was not directed at you or anyone else.

Archived