New Huge Ship

Just came off Mariner of the Seas. At the cocktail party, the captain announced a new Royal Caribbean Ship being built which will be 220,000 tons, 6000 passengers, 2000 crew. They will not give any further info at this time other than to look for it in 2009.:eek:

My major complaint about the Freedom was how hard it was to get off at the end of the trip with 4000 + people on board and many luggage carousels. The slow mis-programmed elevator service at the rear centrum was minor. We will probably do one more Freedom type in a couple of years after DW gets the Europe bug out of her system.

I will hold off on the Genesis class if I see that thay can't make the Freedom type work better; nothing like taking 2 + hours to get off at the end of the trip. :eek:

My major complaint about the Freedom was how hard it was to get off at the end of the trip with 4000 + people on board and many luggage carousels. The slow mis-programmed elevator service at the rear centrum was minor. We will probably do one more Freedom type in a couple of years after DW gets the Europe bug out of her system.

I will hold off on the Genesis class if I see that thay can't make the Freedom type work better; nothing like taking 2 + hours to get off at the end of the trip. :eek:

We were on a sold out Freedom cruise in October and it only took us 40 minutes to get off the ship and into the cab.

with the 2 immigration agents to serve 3600 folks on the C&A Member Cruise last October, the lines were incredible. Getting on & off. We had a 4PM flight so we just played mini golf til we heard PINK announced, then went down to 2 to get off. 15 people with us so we were off quite fast, porter assisted with bags to cab & at airport by Noon and we got the flight at 1PM.

We were on a sold out Freedom cruise in October and it only took us 40 minutes to get off the ship and into the cab.

I still have some hope that Royal Caribbean will build Radiance Class-like ships in the future. But I'm afraid that they just build monsterships in the future and emphasis on activities and partying. Maybe Celebrity will be our favorite line which we originally found at Royal Caribbean.

Just came off Mariner of the Seas. At the cocktail party, the captain announced a new Royal Caribbean Ship being built which will be 220,000 tons, 6000 passengers, 2000 crew. They will not give any further info at this time other than to look for it in 2009.:eek:

You must have just gotten back from Mars...the announcement and ensuing chatter about it on these boards has been going on for almost a year now.

I still have some hope that Royal Caribbean will build Radiance Class-like ships in the future. But I'm afraid that they just build monsterships in the future and emphasis on activities and partying. Maybe Celebrity will be our favorite line which we originally found at Royal Caribbean.

I have that same hope also. Perhaps even for some smaller type of ships. However, I don't think that will happen as long as the massive megaships keep sailing full.

I enjoyed out two voyager class ships, but enjoy the ambiance of those less massive.

Yet, I will probably find myself on one of those ships someday. :o

Due to economy of scale the monster ships are probably more profitable. If the Genesis ship has 6,000 passengers and 2,000 crew the ratio of passengers to crew is 3 to 1. Years ago the ratio was more like 2 to 1. In addition, the monster ship can support more revenue generating venues such as Johnny Rockets, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, gourmet coffee, speciality restaurants, etc.

Archived