Is it Practical to take the Riverfront Streetcar to the Julia St Cruise Terminal ?

jasmith52

Is it Practical to take the Riverfront Streetcar to the Julia St Cruise Terminal ?

Does the Riverfront Streetcar stop in front of the Julia St. Cruise Terminal ?

We will have a couple of suitcases each for the cruise.

Are there any issues with taking the streetcar?

<note: This was reposted from the bottom of the streetcar thread>

Hi jasmith52,

No, definitely not. Anyway you have to walk quite a bit. And the streetcars are not designed for people carrying luggage. There is no storage room for luggage. And you have to haul your bags quite a way up into the streetcar. I wouldn´t advise anyone doing that.

steamboats

Thanks for the response Steamboats:

Perhaps I should be a little more clear. We are staying at the Riverside Hilton that has a Riverfront streetcar station right there in front of the hotel. The cruise pier is only a couple of blocks away.

Would it be easy to get on the streetcar there (with our luggage) and get off near enough to the Julia St cruise terminal to make it worth while. How far from the streetcar stop (on the far end) to the Julia st. cruise terminal (terminal #2) ?

Other options are to walk (with rolling luggage) through the Riverplace mall. Would walking be any better than the streetcar ?

Alternately we could take a taxi. However I read posts here of taxi's charging way too much to go the short distance for people with luggage. There are 3 of us if that makes a difference.

- Any advice would be appreciated.

Call the taxi company and ask how much.

Another option is to ask a hotel porter to roll your luggage there on one of those carriers, if he thinks it isn't too far.

In Vancouver the porters take the luggage on the dolly across the street into the terminal. That distance is not very far.

Thanks for the response Steamboats:

Perhaps I should be a little more clear. We are staying at the Riverside Hilton that has a Riverfront streetcar station right there in front of the hotel. The cruise pier is only a couple of blocks away.

Would it be easy to get on the streetcar there (with our luggage) and get off near enough to the Julia St cruise terminal to make it worth while. How far from the streetcar stop (on the far end) to the Julia st. cruise terminal (terminal #2) ?

Other options are to walk (with rolling luggage) through the Riverplace mall. Would walking be any better than the streetcar ?

Alternately we could take a taxi. However I read posts here of taxi's charging way too much to go the short distance for people with luggage. There are 3 of us if that makes a difference.

- Any advice would be appreciated.

As steamboats says the streetcars aren't set up to handle luggage. There is a wall between the tracks and the cruise terminal. There is an opening at Julia St. and they may stop there - not even sure of that. If it were me I would walk through the Rivercenter. I've seen people do that.

Archived