seapass cards for doors, and credit card for safe?

lilsis21

last year on Enchantment we used our seapass for our cabin door, problem was it kep getting demagnitized. Between my sister and I we made 4 trips to desk to get them reprogrammed or new cards. also we had to use credit card for our safe. Does Navigator have the same type of safes, using credit card? Our cabin steward lectured us a couple times on not keeping our seapass card by basically anything else. not by anything metal, camera batteries could affect it,coin money could affect it. so when we asked him where does a woman keep her seapass card, he just started in to his lesson again, not by not by, etc etc It was amusing after the 1st couple times I guess. question is has anyone else had a problem with your seapass cards not working to open your door? and the bug question? Where do you keep it while out on deck etc, to protect it. Our sisters never had a problem with theirs.

The safes on NOS have little keypads...you program in a combination.

as for seapass cards not working....yeah, a couple times one flipped out. i dont put it by other stuff....just wacky things.

never got lectured by the cabin attendant or guest relations about it either.

i usually keep it in the pocket of my coverup when on deck.

I have a small leather fanny pack with pockets I keep my seapass in. You can also buy lanyards in the ship gift shop that you can slip your seapass in a plastic pocket and put it around your neck or I've read some people just ask them to punch a hole in their seapass and wear it on a lanyard around their neck. The safes on voyager class have keypads and you program your combination in. :)

It was amusing after the 1st couple times I guess. question is has anyone else had a problem with your seapass cards not working to open your door? and the bug question? Where do you keep it while out on deck etc, to protect it. Our sisters never had a problem with theirs.

The same thing happened to us on the Explorer last Oct. husband and I went about 4-5 times to guest relations. It got to be funny. A technician came and took the entire door knob and lock off and re-assembled it. Guest relations finally called to see if it was working correctly. Luckily we had ret'd early from Labadee and it was not busy. We would have been in a mell of a hess.

We had the same thing one cruise with wifeys card. It just kept not working after dinner. The third time at the desk to get a new key the guy asked to see her purse. It was a small purse with a magnetic closure. It kept wiping out the card. Once we learned this, she did not have a problem the rest of the cruise.

We had the same thing one cruise with wifeys card. It just kept not working after dinner. The third time at the desk to get a new key the guy asked to see her purse. It was a small purse with a magnetic closure. It kept wiping out the card. Once we learned this, she did not have a problem the rest of the cruise.

now thats interesting cos the same thing kept hapening to mums...we gave up in the end and just used mine for the cabin!

I was on the Rhapsody at Thankgiving and had my card keep going bad...it would work sporadically.....just went to the purser's desk and they would reprogram a new one for me...no biggie!!! And all I ever did was wear it around my neck on a lanyard.

Archived