First time RSSC....Voyager cabin placement

cruiseerf

Hello:

Our family has traveled extensively on Silversea for the past few years, and this year decided to do a RSSC cruise over Xmas 2007 on the Voyager. We have never been on a Regent cruise as we were one of the unfortunate families that was cancelled when they sold the diamond.

As we are booking relatively late, we have one cabin on deck 8 which is a connecting to a larger suite....will this be quiet or will you be able to hear through the connecting door?

We also have a cabin on the back of deck 7, cat C which we are concerned about the vibration that some people have written about. We are not in one of the corner suites....just a regular cabin? any opinion?

ALSO....Will we enjoy Regent compared to Silversea? Differences or opinions will be appreciated. The new open bar policy is one reason for our change, Silverseas standards have been slipping. We are concerned about the size of the voyager though, and losing the cosy small ship feeling? Any input?

Thanking you in advance!

Hi,

We are also booked on the Voyager holiday cruise through the Panama Canal. This will be our 6th cruise on the Voyager. If it was me I would take the suite on the 8th deck, we have never heard any noise from any ajoining suites. What suite # is it so I can judge the location for you. I have been told that the suites in the rear of the ship do have a vibration problem. We were on the Christmas cruise this year and it was fabulous. This is a wonderful mid sized ship with the feel of lots of space. The food was great and the specialty restaurants superb. You just can't go wrong on the Voyager.

Hello:

We also have a cabin on the back of deck 7, cat C which we are concerned about the vibration that some people have written about. We are not in one of the corner suites....just a regular cabin? any opinion?

Thanking you in advance!

Never having travelled on Silversea, I cannot compare the two lines. However I was in a Cat C Horizon suite on Voyager in October last and was not at all bothered by vibration. Others have said they have been bothered though so I guess it is your tolerance or otherwise of it that matters. I would personally book a C in a shot. Big balcony, wonderful views. Gin & tonic before dinner looking out reawards is superb.

We haven't cruised on Silversea but were on the Voyager in August, 2006. Size was a concern as we prefer smaller ships. However, it ended up being much better than expected. The only area I found extremely large was the theater and it was never even half full.

The "infamous" vibration really has to do with the individual. We were mid-ship on deck 10 -- I did not notice any vibration but my DH was very aware of it. The only place I felt the vibration was extremely bad and quite noisy was in the entrance to La Varanda (deck 11). If you are at all sensitive to vibration, I'd go as mid-ship as possible.

Having said all of that, it was a wonderful voyage (Baltic) -- incredible food and service..... really a great experience. We're going on the Navigator in March -- really looking forward to it. :D

Archived