Guarantee Question

Janet524

We've booked a SY Guarantee for the 3/10/07 sailing of Noordam. We've always booked a specific cabin before and wonder what the procedure is for getting a cabin assigned? Do we need to contact HAL and find out or will they notify us - and when. Thanks.:)

They will let you know. You can start checking your Immigration Form about 6 weeks prior to sailing, but most of our assignments have showed up there around the 2 week mark. It may be on your docs when they arrive ... or you may not even know until you get to the dock! The one time we booked directly through HAL the TC sent us an email when it was assigned. :)

We've booked a SY Guarantee for the 3/10/07 sailing of Noordam. We've always booked a specific cabin before and wonder what the procedure is for getting a cabin assigned? Do we need to contact HAL and find out or will they notify us - and when. Thanks.:)

I called my TA yesterday for our 2/3 cruise and we were assigned. They upgraded our SZ to an SS (I was hoping for an upgrade to a deluxe suite, but it's set in stone according to HAL). Maybe you'll get lucky.

I called my TA yesterday for our 2/3 cruise and we were assigned. They upgraded our SZ to an SS (I was hoping for an upgrade to a deluxe suite, but it's set in stone according to HAL). Maybe you'll get lucky.

Hapi Feet..

Keep calling every day. have your TA check with upgrade dept. to see what the price is. We had the SZ guarantee...at first I was quoted an extra

900 pp to upgrade to SA,SB,or SC ( didn't know which) but I kept calling and finally went down to 399 pp for an SA. I was told only 2 left on the boat; so we grabbed it. Good luck; hope you get the room you dream of!!

Tara

Leaving this friday!!

Can I ask a daft question? What do you mean by guarantee? I was under the impression that when I come to book our 2008 cruise, I'd just be able to say I want a certain cabin number and if it was available, I'd get it. Does it not work like that?

Instead of booking a specific cabin, you book a category. As the departure date approaches, you will be assigned to a cabin in that category or a higher one, but you only pay for the category you booked. So you could book and pay for an inside cabin "guarantee" at that price and you might end up in a outside or even a verandah. Down side is that you might not get a higher category and you lose the chance to pick your location.

Can I ask a daft question? What do you mean by guarantee? I was under the impression that when I come to book our 2008 cruise, I'd just be able to say I want a certain cabin number and if it was available, I'd get it. Does it not work like that?

According to our TA, a guarantee means that you will recieve at least that grade a room, but possibly recieve an upgrade. I think guarantees are good for cruiselines, as it gives them the flexibility to change as needed..

Tara

Check back periodically on your on line immigration form. Your room assignment may not be final. On our last cruise we were on an SY guarentee. About a month prior we had an SY room number assigned and I made out our luggage tags. About one week prior I re checked and a new number appeared. It was an SA suite. Had to change all the tags. It was our first upgrade and it came on a 21 day cruise, which was nice. You never know.

Holland had a GREAT sale on the SC catagory for the Easter cruise on the Oosterdam. This was just a few weeks ago. The catch was it was a guarantee, no room assignment. I figured for that catagory we could not possibly lose, even without an upgrade. We are guaranteed a suite with all the amenities. The agency we used threw in $50. ship credit and dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle.

Shippy

• 2 weeks later...
AAaah right. Thanks for explaining that. More options to think about then!

Also, the guarantee price is a bit cheaper than the specific cabin price. I can't tell you how much, because we've used guarantees on our last 4 cruises. Each time we got a free upgrade, so that was a double savings. But: on our upcoming one-way Seward to Vancouver, we chose a specific cabin because we definitely wanted port side! :)

Archived