Tendered or docked??

mommybunny21

The only port we tendered at during our 11 day Noordam cruise was St. Thomas. There were 7 or 8 ships in that day and we tendered from the inner harbor. It was fast and easy and tenders brought us right to the center of downtown. All other ports we docked.

How do I find out if the Noordam will be tendered or docked at the various ports on 11 day cruise in Feb2007?

I assume you are on the 2/17 sailing from NYC as this is the only 11 day that departs during February. Most of the ports appear to be OK for berthing except Tortola and St.Thomas

Tortola has has 3 ships scheduled in on 2/20. So Noordam, with her 3.00pm arrival time may be at anchor if all the ships arrive. However things might change as I don't think the ships at the pier could sail with a big ship at anchor in the harbor.

St.Thomas on 2/21 and Noordam is scheduled for Crown Bay. However there are 7 ships scheduled in on that day and only 5 berths for big ships. As Noordam has the 2nd earliest departure time, 5.00pm, I suspect she will be a candidate for being being sent to the anchorage instead; along with the Disney Magic which sails at 4.30pm. That said she has been already been bumped a few times this season so it may be one of the other ships turn to anchor.

There are several websites available for individual ports but one, www.cruisecal.com, has tried to get all the itineraries of the major lines on one database to help cruisers. I have found it to be correct 99% of the time.

Seeing how well the tendering process went when we anchored in St. Thomas, I'd prefer inner harbor anchoring to Havensight. No bothering with the taxi to town.

DH and I do enjoy walking one way (sometimes both directions but not usually) and we did miss the walk. I wanted to check out how much of the Marina Development had been completed.

Ship Services stated to us that we will not be tendering at any of the ports. We also have a listing posted in our Roll Call of what ships will be in port at each of our stops. St. Thomas is one port that will definitely be packed with fellow tourists. We cruise away in just about 3 weeks!:D

Ship Services stated to us that we will not be tendering at any of the ports. We also have a listing posted in our Roll Call of what ships will be in port at each of our stops. St. Thomas is one port that will definitely be packed with fellow tourists. We cruise away in just about 3 weeks!:D

That's good to hear..I hate tendering...i just like knowing I have easy access to the ship..thanks..with the temps today I'm counting the days to our departure!!

Tortola has has 3 ships scheduled in on 2/20. So Noordam, with her 3.00pm arrival time may be at anchor if all the ships arrive. However things might change as I don't think the ships at the pier could sail with a big ship at anchor in the harbor.

There were 4 ships in Tortola including us on the 9th.

Even though we were the last to arrive at 3pm we were at the pier w/ Zuiderdam. Sun Princess and Maxim Gorky were anchored in the harbor.

Seeing how well the tendering process went when we anchored in St. Thomas, I'd prefer inner harbor anchoring to Havensight. No bothering with the taxi to town.

I agree.

Having finally seen the uber-tacky Anywhereville-Suburban-Strip-Mall with chainlink security fences that Havensight has become, I have Zero desire to berth there in the future. Let Monstrosity of the Seas and Norwegian Zirconia have that place....

Much prefer the more scenic & less congested Crown Bay - or better yet tendering from Inner Harbor.

I agree that tendering in from the inner harbor was the best possible of the alternatives.

I was over at Havensight on my tour and noticed it was quite a long walk just from the ship to the street. Then it was one heck of a hike to town in that heat and humidity. The Noordam was at Crown Bay when I sailed her last March. Nothing there at all, and a very long trek to town.

We had a short tender ride to right there in the thick of things. We lucked out. :)

Archived