Will Golden Be Using Tenders To Debark in Vancouver

Phamer55

I'm doing the 1-night Seattle to Vancouver cruise on the Golden on Sept 22. According to portvancouver.com, there will be 3 other ships in Canada Place that day. It appears that only RCI and Celebrity use the Ballantyne pier. Right now, the Golden Princess is listed as "Other". Is it possible that they will be tendering people in to debark the passengers?!?! What other option is there?

There are 2 different piers - the main one is called Canada Place, there is a hotel connected to it called the Pan Pacific Hotel. The other dock is called Ballantyne, which is a bit further down the harbour. No tenders for either. I think most of the ships use Canada Place. It is right downtown, you can walk down the street to Gastown, or up to the downtown shopping. Stanley Park is right there as well. Hope this helps, have a wonderful cruise and visit!

Julia

There are 2 different piers - the main one is called Canada Place, there is a hotel connected to it called the Pan Pacific Hotel. The other dock is called Ballantyne, which is a bit further down the harbour. No tenders for either. I think most of the ships use Canada Place. It is right downtown, you can walk down the street to Gastown, or up to the downtown shopping. Stanley Park is right there as well. Hope this helps, have a wonderful cruise and visit!

Julia

Canada Place, that's the one I was thinking of. Don't know why I got that messed up. Thanks for clearing that up.

I believe Canada Place can handle up to 4 ships. The day we we leaving from there, there were 5 ships scheduled. On of the Norweign ships was coming in after we left.

It was odd, we passed it right after we crossed under the Lion's Gate bridge, and it sure looked like the ship was empty.

abby

Never say never!! There is always a first time!! :eek:

Yeah, that's somthing I would have to see. Tendering for debarking / embarking. I can see them loading the luggage via the tenders. And resupplying the ship's supplies via the tender. Yeah, I'm thinking I gotta see that!:eek: :D

Yeah, that would be difficult to tender all the luggage, that's for sure! Glad to hear that 5 ships can dock at Canada place. Canada Place is within easy walking distance of our hotel. I see now that on Sept 8th there will be 4 ships at Canada place. I still think it's strange that portvancouver.com is listing the pier for the Golden as "Other" - that's the only time any ship is listed with "Other" on the whole 2007 schedule.

Yeah, that would be difficult to tender all the luggage, that's for sure! Glad to hear that 5 ships can dock at Canada place. Canada Place is within easy walking distance of our hotel. I see now that on Sept 8th there will be 4 ships at Canada place. I still think it's strange that portvancouver.com is listing the pier for the Golden as "Other" - that's the only time any ship is listed with "Other" on the whole 2007 schedule.

Maybe it's coming in after another ship leaves and they are never sure if there will be delays etc so could list it as 'other'.

....that they could unload you at the Bulk Loading facility on the other side of the harbour....bus you around to Canada Place...which would be a nice trip over the Lion's Gate Bridge....and barge your luggage across the harbour on one of those big old gravel or sulphur barges to Canada place where you could pick it up!!:eek:

Just kidding!!!!:D

Don't worry about it...the Vancouver Harbour Master deftly juggles cruise ships in and cruise ships out of the harbour all season with hardly any delays at all.:)

Tom&Deb:)

Archived