Class action suit?? Summit Alaska May 2006

sandy1020

My husband and I were on the Summit cruise. I remember when the announcement came over the loud speaker that we had problems and we would be skipping Seattle and Sitka, my first thought was "thank heavens they are not going to abort the cruise and return to L.A.". We had a great time and enjoyed the ports we did visit. We had wonderful table mates and the food was super. We received $400.00 each towards a future cruise and we are using it in April for our Infinity cruise to Hawaii. Plus, we received $100.00 ship board credit for the Summit cruise. I feel that Celebrity was very generous and we don't expect anything more.:)

I have serious doubts about the ability to pursue a class action. Jurisdiction alone would be a mess. As I recall, the passengers were from various countries, Germany and Canada amongst them. Really unclear how you would proceed as a "class" as each country has differing contract terms. In any event....

Here's the link to the thread on the Summit trip. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=353910 It is 50 pages long and has a plethora of "wordly" views. Nested in there is a link to the website that the class action folks set up. It did not seem to be doing to well when I last checked it.

Here's a link to a Seattle newspaper article on the engine problems. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002991110_cruise13m.html

SUMMIT is a wonderful ship and I would encourage you to enjoy whatever time you have on it. Now go hug a lawyer....any lawyer! ;)

Archived