Uniworld River Baroness

poohkey

Has anyone been on the River Baroness since it has been redone in 2005? I read somewhere that the rooms are very small compaired to their other ships. We went on the River Empress in 2002 and enjoyed it very much. But I am worried about the Baroness being older.

Hi~

We vacationed on the River Baroness last spring (April 2006) and yes, the cabins are quite small, but nicely fitted with the same amenities as the other river ships. The public areas had been updated and were very comfortable. We had a wonderful vacation touring the Netherlands on the Baroness and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the ship, or the Uniworld cruise packages to anyone.

Since the renovation, does the "River Baroness" now have a laundry room for passengers' use? My assumption is that "River Ambassador" is the "River Baroness"'s sister ship, and would end up with the same facilities after its renovation.

• 2 months later...

I have been searching for anyone who has been on any of the Uniworld Europe Cruises. My frined and I are leaving for Paris this Friday to board the River Baroness on Sunday. Do you have any knowledge about bringing your own wine aboard these kind of cruises?

Thanks

Dee Dee

DeeDeeGold,

You may bring as much wine as you want. If you take it to the dining room, there is a corkage fee. You may drink your own wine on the sun deck--no corkage fee. Of course in your cabin is in your cabin. There is ample ice in one designated place on the boat. There have been ice buckets in the cabin on all of our Uniworld cruises (except Egypt). Take advantage of some of the bargains on shore. The wine list on board has always been quite good (except Egypt). Travel safely and enjoy.

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

For Dee Dee Gold - Assuming you have returned from your cruise, do you have any comments about the River Baroness and the tour? :confused: Question: Are there any laundry facilities on the boat?:confused:

Thank you.:)

Archived