How do you know there has been a price drop?

mhsjax

I have seen many posts about price drops. Please understand that we are new to cruising and made our reservation on the phone. We have a RFS on the Liberty for Nov. and there was never a price online. Do I call from time to time to check? Is there a list of special discounts somewhere(i.e. Florida resident rate)? Is that type of suite even discounted since they are only 4 of them? Satisfied with the price as is but don't want to miss possible savings. Thanks for any help.

Prices are available on the RCCL website as well as numerous others. If you check a few of them, you will have no problem finding information. It is a good idea to check on your cruise price on a regular, or even daily, basis

I have asked this question a couple of places as well but I am having a hard time finding my answer. Exactly how might one check the prices daily. My TA made the arrangements for me and when I look on the RCI website the cabin that I am in always has an N/A by it without a price.

When ever you see a N/A on any given category, it simply means that category is sold out. Since you have a RFS there are just a few if not just one or two so it may ramain sold out. Sometimes when final payments are due at 70 days prior to sailing people will cancel out and any TA's holding cabins will need to release any unsold cabins held in their blocks.

By all means call RC direct to see if your rate has changed or if a promo rate is available (senior 55 + or resident)

Hope this helps. ;)

mhsjax,

We have the same problem since we try and book a family cabin also for the six of us.

This will not work for the first and second person rates since, as you correctly point out, the rates for a Royal Family Suite are usually never available but you might check other cabin categories and check the third and fourth person rates from time to time.

If those rates have dropped your Royal Family Suite third, fourth (and fifth through eighth for that matter) person rates have probably dropped also.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Evil :)

I like this idea of a price drop!

So I went to the RCI website and there it is ...... a price drop for my category of cabin. In fact it looks like I might be able to upgrade for less than I originally paid for my inside room! WHOOPEE!

So, now what do I do next? Simply call my TA or contact RCI directly or do I do both?

I cannot stress enough that I am so excited about my first cruise I might just burst before April 6th.

Thanks to all for all the help for us first time cruisers.:)

cruise-virgin- Any time you book a cruise with a TA, you must work thru' the TA for any questions or changes to your reservation. By all means, call your TA about the price drop. Your TA should certainly be able to get your lower rate or upgrade, if you wish.

Archived