Misty Fjords Seaplane - Which Company?

scottam

I have found four different companies that offer a similar seaplane tour to Misty Fjords National Monument. They are all family/pilot owned and use similar types of planes. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Thank you very much in helping us decide which company to go with.

Island Wings

Carlin Air

Alaska Seaplane Tours

Seawind Aviation

We have flown with Michelle of Island Wings and had a great trip to Misty Fjords. Saw lots of eagles hanging around her dock before we left, and stopped at a small island for about 20 minutes in MF.

Have also gone with Southeast Aviation. This was okay, used 2 for 1 coupon from Toursaver book. They were great about rebooking us when the Summit came in late to Juneau.

G'day Tammy. Last year, our group went with Seawind Aviation and had a terrific experience. I would recommend them without any reservations at all. First of all Steve, the pilot/owner is a Ketchikan born chap and has been flying since he was a kid. He really knows the area. If you give them a call. ask for Lesley, she is a real sweetheart and will take good care of you. I was just on their web page to check for any new photos. We will be booking with them again for this years group.

I've not done the others, but Michelle with Island Wings is great. I know from reading other posts that she lands on a mountain lake much of the time, but we landed in what I guess you would call the upper inlet of one of the fjords. It was great; the best excursion we've ever done.

Archived