Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale Airport?

emilymad

I don't know if you can get a taxi from Miami cruise port to FLL. It would be very expensive, I would think, if you could. The cruises offer a bus ride to MIA and FLL, and also a couple of shore excursions.....island queen boat ride or alligator airboat ride which include transportation to either airport. You must have a late flight to book these. Check the FLL or MIA sites on the Atlantic ports section..... they might have other options.

We looked into this a couple of years ago. We ended up with a town car which was $80 including tip. The taxi was $65. By the time our town car got there (I had to call them, they were late), we could have been in a cab and at the FLL airport. If I had to do it again I would just grab a cab. There are plenty of them waiting.

We did the RCCL transport back to FLL. And I swore we were going to be on CNN. Driver was just cruising along in La-La Land, when a friend mentioned "Isn't that the airport" as were driving by it:eek: . He went across, what 4-5 lane of highway plus some grass. We got there safe and sound, but it was a wild ride.

Will we do the prearranged again? Yeah. probably so. Easiest and pretty quick. We flew into FLL from Kansas City because it was a heck of a lot easier and cheaper. Doing the same thing in Sept.

You CAN get a taxi from the Port of Miami to the Ft Lauderdale airport. We asked before hand how much and was told $65. There were also people there advertising shuttle rides so we asked how much and were told $40 for the both of us so we did that. We were pier side at 7am and at the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 8am. We did not secure ground transportation prior to arriving back in Miami so you do not have too, there are plenty of people standing at the pier willing to take you to either airport, just ask them how much before you choose one.

Archived