Celebrity v HAL

Addict

Robinsilver: Based on my experience on Mercury almost two years ago - admittedly both limited and dated - your husband is indeed dreaming! I sleep on a tempurpedic mattress (and pillow) at home, and the beds on Mercury (in a concierge class cabin) were tolerable, but nothing like a tempurpedic! They weren't nearly as comfortable as, say, a Westin Heavenly Bed - which is what I'm hoping the HAL beds are comparable to.

lippylulu: I think that in concierge class on X you may be able to get a memory foam pillow - I think that's one of the options listed on the vaunted "pillow menu" - but I'd check that out on the X board. And if you ever hear of a ship that has tempurpedic mattresses, please do let me know - it would considerably increase my DH's willingness to cruise with me, because at the moment he will sleep on nothing else!

Not to worry! Celebrity has replaced all bedding on their ships. We were on the Millennium this past December and the "new" beds and bedding are wonderful. In fact, our bed on the Millennium was better than the bed on the Westerdam. I use to think HAL had the best beds at sea, but Kudos to Celebrity for fixing this problem!

Enjoy!

Kel

Not to worry! Celebrity has replaced all bedding on their ships. We were on the Millennium this past December and the "new" beds and bedding are wonderful. In fact, our bed on the Millennium was better than the bed on the Westerdam. I use to think HAL had the best beds at sea, but Kudos to Celebrity for fixing this problem!

Enjoy!

Kel

Not true! They have scheduled to replace all the bedding but it is by no means complete across the fleet.

Thanks very much for everyone's input and help on this.

As Wineguys said further up the thread, we decided to book the Noordam Xmas and New Year cruise - hopefully it will be a good experience. Hurry up Christmas!!!

Sue

Not true! They have scheduled to replace all the bedding but it is by no means complete across the fleet.

Okay, caviargal -- that's my "bad".:rolleyes: :) I thought they had completed all the ships. I sent Celebrity an email asking which ships are done and which still need the upgrades. When I get this info I will share. One thing for sure, the new beds on the Millennium are wonderful. Three layers, with no, I repeat, no center "crack".

Enjoy!

Kel

Okay, caviargal -- that's my "bad".:rolleyes: :) I thought they had completed all the ships. I sent Celebrity an email asking which ships are done and which still need the upgrades. When I get this info I will share. One thing for sure, the new beds on the Millennium are wonderful. Three layers, with no, I repeat, no center "crack".

Enjoy!

Kel

To the OP, you made a great choice!

Kel, I did not want anyone to whom a good bed is important getting a lumpy surprise:). My bed on Mercury was a cot and awful. The new bedding on Century is improved for sure but not as luxurious as HAL.

Archived