Refurbished Constellation?????

jdt14127

Recently on these boards, I read that the Constellation was due to be refurbished or redone(drydock?), any word if this is indeed true, and when is it scheduled to be done. Any info would be helpful. Thanks alot!!!!!!!!

True, Conestellation will be going into drydock in May for 19 days, but i dont believe it will be a "refurbishment" - at least not along the lines that the term seems to mean around these boards.

She is going into drydock for the same reason as Millennium is in April - the Auxiliary power. I can imagine they'll be doing touch ups as well, but again - probably nothing long the lines of a refurbishment.

I have to assume that is May 1 - May 18, since we are booked May 19th...how nice all will be fresh and clean before the sailing.

Does anyone know if the bedding has been updated on Constellation yet, or if that would happen that week? The new bedding on Mill. in mid Dec was so much nicer:) - hope it is updated on Con. by the May cruise.

Thanks

I'd also like to know if the bedding will be updated as we sail the first week of June.

I would also like to know to know the answer to that question. Since the bedding desperately needs to be replaced, one would think that a long drydock would be a golden opportunity for Celebrity to fix the bedding and attend to all other maintenance issues. I know that some cabins have been updated but it does not seem fair to have one cabin with a good mattress and the cabin right next to it, with an uncomfortable mattress. I should think Celebrity should strive to offer the same conditions, at least on the same ship, to all passengers.

I was on the Constellation 1/08/07-1/19/07. IMO the bedding was fine.

Call me dumb or stupid but five years ago, you never saw a thread on these boards about bedding. I guess since all these hotel chains upgraded their bedding, we expect more wherever we stay. As I said, I don't remember one post or thread about bedding but now its seems that all we care about. I just don't get it, what did we do years ago.

This too will pass. As soon as some hotel or cruiseline comes up with some new feature to indicate that their product is superior to whatever anyone else is offering, they'll all be touting the newest innovation, and comfy bedding will be an afterthought. It is all about selling the "sizzle" instead of the steak. That said, the new bedding on Freedom of the Seas was wonderful and it is good to sea that it is being extended throughout the fleet and to Celebrity's ships as well. However, the motion of the ship has always helped me sleep well regardless of the bed that was provided.:)

Archived