Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We thought we would be ok as the pool was up two decks from us but didn't take into account that the deep end of the pool would be the deep end of the pool which ends up being the floor above us....so we ended up being directly below it.

Thanks for sharing that information, as I would never have thought of looking two decks above a white space, for possible noise.

Destiny -Cabin 9197-Lido Deck mid ship. There will be thee of us in this balcony room. Is this a good room?

you have a cabin that gets you a roll away bed. How old is the 3rd person?

you are away from noise areas- your door faces a wall. The wall has little cut outs to look down into the atrium.

9201 or 9211 holds three people without the roll away

Anyone know of cabin 7356 on the Conquest? :confused:

emoress deck is thee deck of choice. Its between cabin space and away from public areas.

you are across from a wall-- so no across the hall neighbors which is a good thing with mlingering noisy neighbors.

come out of your cabin and turn right-- take the aft elevtor up two decks for food- down two decks for entertainment.

Hi,

What are people's thoughts on rooms across from elevators? Should I pay more for mid-ship vs. forward? This is our first cruise so need a bit of help here. Thanks.

Michelle

You'll get lots of different opinions, and I don't think there is any right or wrong answer. Some people like to get their cabin close to an elevator, for convenience. I stay away from this area because I don't mind walking & prefer to have less traffic right outside my cabin in the hallway. I can't say whether noise is an issue, others like Serene will know & can comment on that. It may depend on which ship, or class of ship you are sailing on.

Mid ship is better than forward if you are prone to motion sickness (or think you might be).

Hi,

What are people's thoughts on rooms across from elevators? Should I pay more for mid-ship vs. forward? This is our first cruise so need a bit of help here. Thanks.Michelle

depends. on where it is located on what deck-

FOr a few cruises on a conguest class we had 7411 (cat 8B)

(7429 on the Magic.)

the grey area across the hall is a holding area for fire doors so no across the hall neighbors being loud trying to get into the cabin.

Elevators are in rooms by themselves. You will not get noise from an elevator.

Elevators with access on either side of the elevator room (forward elevators) may get more foot traffic.

For us- in that cabin its out the door- up two decks for food/ down two decks for entertainment.

Considering room 6277 on Carnival Magic - don't know what it means by class of ship - sorry real newbie here. Would this be a good selection? for us?

Thanks,

Michelle

I am not a fan of the upper deck odd side but this is a good cabin location and you are away from the noise below- you are over the stores.

for the same money you can go to the empress deck and be close to the aft elevators- two decks up is food/pools. 2 decks down is enetertainment. They are both category 8B. (8 is a balcony B is location)

we have stayed in the area of 7429 is where we have stayed for a few cruises

OK now I find I can get 7429 or 7432 - should I take 7429?? ready to book.

Empress deck Carnival Magic

Thanks

Michelle

do you have 4 people?? if so take the 7429

there is NOTHING across the hall from you in this location.

side doesnt matter when sailing the caribbean- captain decides what way to dock--pull in or back in.

6420 is a bad move--its over the Club -stage area- could be quite loud

Edited by serene56

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your help. As you can tell I'm stressing over this quite a bit. No - it's just the 2 of us in the cabin but looks like the 4 available for us 7429, 7433, 7432 and 7444 all have the box thing so have the pull down bed deal. So looks like this is going to be our best option I think. What will be the disadvantages for a single couple.

Thanks,

Michelle:):):)

Disadvantage: If it's anything like the ones that we had on the Ecstasy you will bump your head on the framework everytime that you try to sit up in bed. We tried to sit up to read but it didn't work well. Ours was in a newly constructed balcony room so there wasn't room for a chair.

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your help. As you can tell I'm stressing over this quite a bit. No - it's just the 2 of us in the cabin but looks like the 4 available for us 7429, 7433, 7432 and 7444 all have the box thing so have the pull down bed deal. So looks like this is going to be our best option I think. What will be the disadvantages for a single couple.

Thanks,

Michelle:):):)

I do not think Carnival will allow you to book the cabin for 4 people if its only two of you-- and if they do you stand a chance of being moved to another cabin that holds 2 people. Look at the deck plan and look for cabins with NO symbol inside- those cabins are the ones that hold two passengers.

7431-best choice

With the upper beds-- they hide in the ceiling. you do not even know they are there.

when is the sailing?

what you see online is not the only cabins that are available. Call an agent to see if 7431 is available

Edited by serene56

Hello again,

Now I'm bummed - I did call and confirmed neither are available and actually there are no 2 people staterooms available on empress deck:mad::mad::mad: so she was suggesting I move up to Verandah deck and then it looks like maybe 1 stateroom for 2 people that isn't a connecting room that I really didn't want - don't know your thoughts on that - and would be cabin 8404. What are your thoughts on that cabin?? Now I don't know what to do. She said I could book the empress cabin for 4 but as you said could end up getting moved - I would be very unhappy about that so know not to do that. What to do??

Thanks so much for helping me.

Michelle

can you move to an 8C.

7420, etc?

I can not believe that all the cabins on empress are gone.

12/4 is kind of an off season. take your chance with booking a quad cabin.

I do not like connecting cabins- especially one next to one that holds 4 people.

YOu could get a cabin next to a whole family.

Its under the pool deck and you could get chair scrapping noise.

take the quad on empress deck