Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Enchantment of the Seas. Deck 8. Forward Inside Cabin 8047. Larger inside room. DO NOT BOOK.

Above the room is a kitchen - you do not see it on the map; but, it is there.

So starting for each meal period - you hear banging, scraping, carts being moved etc.

The night they have the dancing under the stars - the racket goes on well past 2am.

THEN to make matters worse - this room has a crew area hallway behind It where the carts come out early in the morning. Lots of noise around 8am. THEN last night the luggage gets taken out for embarkation at midnight in that crew hallway. Out of sheer annoyance I called guest services at 230 am and asked how much longer the banging on my wall was going to go on. The bed is on the same wall as the crew hallway. I was told about 30 min.

So from midnight to 3am - you get this intense banging on the wall.

I am not a person who goes to bed early; however, 3am is definitely past my bed time.

I have been on over 30 cruises - had every type of room possible - and hands down - the worst room I have ever been in. I even submitted a comment card telling Royal that they should not sell this room.

The room décor was tired; but, functional.

The rest of the cruise was enjoyable.

I promised to return and report on cabin 4010 on Grandeur and here I am. Happy to say that, although I could hear the music from the theater, it never ran past about 10:45.

However, :(, this cabin is directly over the thrusters which you will definitely hear when docking in the am. Cannot imagine what it was like on decks 2 and 3. Also, if you have a tender port you will hear the anchor.

Otherwise, liked the cabin and loved the cruise. Grandeur is a great little ship.

Can anybody tell me about room 2477 aft corner cabin on Carnival Valor. Im going on a group cruise and this is the room they assign me. How bad is the vibration and noise?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Forums mobile app

depends. family had that cabin on the glory. the begining of the week was very nice. at the end when it picked up speed the vibration was there.

when entering or leaving a port you will get the vibration.

Sometimes its not noticable.. other times it could be teeth shattering.

Different weeks experience different methods of the vibration

depends. family had that cabin on the glory. the begining of the week was very nice. at the end when it picked up speed the vibration was there.

when entering or leaving a port you will get the vibration.

Sometimes its not noticable.. other times it could be teeth shattering.

Different weeks experience different methods of the vibration

Thanks for the response. I told them I will keep the cabin just hope Im not making a big mistake. It may make my BF crazy, he cant tolerate to much noise. I told him lets try it. If its too much we can request a cabin change if there is any available.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Ecstasy.. Aft, U181. Any pros or cons that anyone is aware of?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Thought I responded to this already. :confused:

I don't normally stay in OV cabins, but the location is fine; between other cabin decks, so shouldn't have noise from above. Fairly easy climb up those stairs to the Lido (more stairs = less weight gain).

A little close to the stairwell/elevators for my taste. People tend to continue their (usually loud) conversations and forget that there may actually be people behind the doors trying to sleep. But you may not hear anything.

More motion aft than mid-ship, but less than forward cabins. Probably feel lots of vibration from thrusters when docking.

Thought I responded to this already. :confused:

I don't normally stay in OV cabins, but the location is fine; between other cabin decks, so shouldn't have noise from above. Fairly easy climb up those stairs to the Lido (more stairs = less weight gain).

A little close to the stairwell/elevators for my taste. People tend to continue their (usually loud) conversations and forget that there may actually be people behind the doors trying to sleep. But you may not hear anything.

More motion aft than mid-ship, but less than forward cabins. Probably feel lots of vibration from thrusters when docking.

Not sure if you did already respond, but thanks! :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

I'm looking to book two balcony rooms close together for our family and have no idea what areas are considered good or bad. The quote I have just said on the 8th level. Oh, and the cruise is Carnival Sunshine out of New Orleans in December.

I would appreciate any advice/warnings.

I'm looking to book two balcony rooms close together for our family and have no idea what areas are considered good or bad. The quote I have just said on the 8th level. Oh, and the cruise is Carnival Sunshine out of New Orleans in December. I would appreciate any advice/warnings.

Our last cruise was a family (10 folks ages 4 to 66) where we fit ourselves into three adjacent balcony cabins (Star Princess, RT Seattle).

A consideration is that most ships have dividers between adjacent cabin balconies that can be opened up, at least allowing easy visiting between cabins. I'd go for this arrangement if you can find it (in our case both children and grandparents enjoyed the ease of visiting between cabins, and our starboard balconies just lucked out in providing the warmth of the sun and absence of a chilling wind, so most mornings and afternoons could be spent at the three tables provided). I assume (without looking) that the itinerary is West Caribbean (not my preference) but prices may be good if the demand is not strong (same sort of arrangement we have for a 14 December RT San Juan PR). Also, I'd be very concerned about the space above and below your cabins, avoiding food and entertainment spaces (Carnival tends to attract youthful passengers that see the time onboard as the vacation, as all time party-going, that is associated with loud music, loud voice, and sleep delayed until the morning?)

Good luck,

DJ:)

Our last cruise was a family (10 folks ages 4 to 66) where we fit ourselves into three adjacent balcony cabins (Star Princess, RT Seattle).

A consideration is that most ships have dividers between adjacent cabin balconies that can be opened up, at least allowing easy visiting between cabins. I'd go for this arrangement if you can find it (in our case both children and grandparents enjoyed the ease of visiting between cabins, and our starboard balconies just lucked out in providing the warmth of the sun and absence of a chilling wind, so most mornings and afternoons could be spent at the three tables provided). I assume (without looking) that the itinerary is West Caribbean (not my preference) but prices may be good if the demand is not strong (same sort of arrangement we have for a 14 December RT San Juan PR). Also, I'd be very concerned about the space above and below your cabins, avoiding food and entertainment spaces (Carnival tends to attract youthful passengers that see the time onboard as the vacation, as all time party-going, that is associated with loud music, loud voice, and sleep delayed until the morning?)

Good luck,

Would the 7th floor be better as it has only rooms above and below? I was also considering the possibility of putting the whole family in one room with a balcony. Is it extremely tight if you put a family of four in one room?

Would the 7th floor be better as it has only rooms above and below? I was also considering the possibility of putting the whole family in one room with a balcony. Is it extremely tight if you put a family of four in one room?

Depends on who "family" is and the tolerance of all for intimacy! There are usually two kinds of cabins that can hold 4 people. One has a sofa bed where two sleep very closely, but all four are at the same level. The other has beds that drop down either from side walls or the ceiling. Each bed is reached by a ladder at its end and beds usually hang over part of the standard combined or two-piece mattress.

I would guess that the "4" represents a married couple with two children. This is what my daughter and her husband had, a combined bed with "bunks" above. Parents were comfortable and kids (ages 6 and 12) had a great time. Our other two cabins were "3s" -- my son and his wife with their 4 year-old (the 4 and 6 year-olds often in and out of all cabins), while myself, my wife and my sister-in-law were in the other cabin. I've been married 45 years and have known my sister-in-law since she was 12. We all are very tolerant, learned how to dress in the bathroom or announce "stay in bed" when we dressed by the bathroom door. Considering our configuration, my sister-in-law cost as much as my 4 year-old grandson -- the alternative would be a nearby cabin and paying for two people. Not a very viable option, so the 3 cabins worked all around. Also, remember to reserve a table just for your group. Having 10 people, we actually ended up in an "anytime" dinning room with a set table for early dinning and were treated exceptionally well.

Hope this helps. Good luck,

Any pros or cons on U198 , just did a upgrade and can change if I need too. Moved from M46 . Please advise me too stay with U198 or not.

I have sigs turned off, so if your upcoming ship name is there, I don't see it.

I'm assuming you're referring to a Fantasy-class Carnival ship, judging by the cabin numbers.

If this is one of the not-balcony-added ships, then it's just another OV cabin. Between passengers decks, so that should be good.

Again, more motion aft than mid-ship but less than forward, generally speaking. Lots of thruster vibration when docking. Should be fairly quiet that far back, as far as hallway noise.