Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Thank you. We are mid ship but in the back, and the beginning of hurricaine season to the caribbean. We def. will be getting a patch! Hope we dont get sea sick!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Too many side effects with the patch.

Google "Ginger Root Capsules" - I swear they've cured me. I was going to stop cruising after about 6 cruises where I spent most of the time sitting on an open deck in the fresh air and being green. Never actually hurled, but was nauseated the entire time. I hated sea days. Then I discovered these boards and read about Ginger Root.

Anyway, if you don't normally suffer from motion sickness, don't assume that because you're at sea you'll have a problem. Some of us have issues with motion; many don't.

But, yes, lower and midship is the best place to be. The bow is the worst.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if there are any issues with the Cove rooms on the Magic. I just booked rooms 2321 and 2325 and will be taking my mother for a cruise this fall. I want to make sure that there will not be much noise from the deck above. Thanks in advance for any information.

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me if there are any issues with the Cove rooms on the Magic. I just booked rooms 2321 and 2325 and will be taking my mother for a cruise this fall. I want to make sure that there will not be much noise from the deck above. Thanks in advance for any information.

yu are smack dab in the middle of the galley. The galley runs 24/7 you could get rolling cart noises etc. Try to move to be under a dining room which is carpeted

I love the Cove Balcony rooms but they can be noisy at night with the galley being above them. If there are any rooms left under the dining room, I'd suggest booking one of them. They tend to get booked first. LOL

I checked the deck plans, and if hopefully I'm not wrong, but cabins 2321 and 2325 are right under the main dining room. I have read some reviews saying that this area is quite. Please let me know if this information is not correct.

Thank You!

I checked the deck plans, and if hopefully I'm not wrong, but cabins 2321 and 2325 are right under the main dining room. I have read some reviews saying that this area is quite. Please let me know if this information is not correct.

Thank You!

im sorry-- you are right- they are under the dining room. I think i was looking at 2381

You should be good then. Our first Cove balcony rooms were under the dining room and we had no problems. They were very quiet. The next two times we were under the galley because we needed 4 rooms together and that's the only choice we had and they were pretty noisy at night. Sounded like they were scooting things across the floor in the middle of the night. Guess they were busy cooking for us!

has anyone stayed in room 6225, Carnival Liberty and do you think it's big enough for 3 adults. Thank you!

No, the room only holds 2 people. Look at the deck plan and look for a square of a star symbol on any cabin-- those rooms hold three people.

Be aware that some rooms only have an upper bed. Some will have a sofa that converts to a bed. NOT a pull out bed.

this cabin is right above the show lounge== you do not want a cabin in that area.. the bass sound--- yikes

plus the dancers practice after midnight.

Hi Sorry for the late reply. 4th of July craziness lol.

We do have 3 adults booked. When i booked with Carnival they told me the cabin would fit 3.... I hope it wasn't a mistake on their part :-(

Was told that the balcony was a little larger since it's at the start of the rear bump outs, which would be nice, but notice that it's near the stairs - probably not a real problem with that tho since this isn't a "Spring Break" (at least we hope not) cruise. Thanks, Joyce

Joyce, I would think that the general demographic on a TA is NOT going to be the Spring Break crowd even if it is Spring Break time of year. Most people can't afford the time or the prices for a TA for spring break. I think you should be good.

I think you will LOVE your hump cabin. They are amazing cabins.

Haven't seen much this board about the Getaway. Anyone know much about deck 10?

Not much on these class ships so asking for assistance, also.

We booked an inside cabin for the Escape Inaugural. I realize it is over a year away but wanted input on inside cabins on deck 13 from others who have traveled in this type cabin.

Thanks in advance,

Lynda

We recently sailed Serenade of the Seas on a 12 night Mediterranean. The balcony was over the top - two loungers, two chairs and a table. However, the nightly noise/music from the Centrum was not worth it. The room was the first in the hallway by the elevator lobby, right outside the Centrum. Once we discovered how to close the fire door for the hallway, the noise was reduced, but not totally gone. Friends asked us if they should book this room for the balcony and we told them to avoid it like the plague! :p

Quad question!!

We previously sailed on Carnival Pride last year in a quad balcony. The way that Carnival set up the quad was very spacious; the couch turned into a bed and a top bunk pulled out from the wall on top of the couch and the two singles became a queen. Enough floor room to navigate.

We are about the book the NCL Dawn for a Bermuda to Boston trip and I keep hearing horror stories about the way the quads are set up. I have heard about a trundle and then about 4 twins on the floor or just one upper leaving absolutely NO floor space to move about the cabin.

Has anyone travelled on the Dawn in a quad and can show me a picture?? I need to know what to request before we book.

Added note - this time the Dawn in an inside (unfortunately). No balcony for this cruise. :(

Thanks!

Beach Mama3

Just booked 7201 which is a Family Veranda Cabin on the Summit. Everyone is totally gaga about the corner AFT in this category, but that was sold out so I got the FV one in from the corner. Wondered if anyone has any experience with the FV cabins that are not on the corner. Is there still a big balcony or are they sort of hum drum?

Quad question!!

We previously sailed on Carnival Pride last year in a quad balcony. The way that Carnival set up the quad was very spacious; the couch turned into a bed and a top bunk pulled out from the wall on top of the couch and the two singles became a queen. Enough floor room to navigate.

We are about the book the NCL Dawn for a Bermuda to Boston trip and I keep hearing horror stories about the way the quads are set up. I have heard about a trundle and then about 4 twins on the floor or just one upper leaving absolutely NO floor space to move about the cabin.

Has anyone travelled on the Dawn in a quad and can show me a picture?? I need to know what to request before we book.

Added note - this time the Dawn in an inside (unfortunately). No balcony for this cruise. :(

Thanks!

Beach Mama3

what is the price difference for the two cabins-- you might be surprise that some cruises its less then a 200.00 difference.

ok-- for one-- inside cabins do not have sofas so there is that floor space.

an inside cabin is generally smaller then a balcony cabin.

and NCl has some of the tiniest cabins available.

your balcony cabin on carnival is 185 sq feet.

NCL dawn is 142 sq. ft.

there will not be 4 beds on the floor-- you will have two beds on the floor the other two will be above the beds. you take away your floor space by keeping the two beds together-- so you and honey will have to sleep apart if you want to keep your sanity.

My husband and I are booked on Celebrity's Infinity in a ocean view stateroom # 2023 deck 2. We were wondering if the beds in this room convert into queen or king size? Please, if any one was in Cat. 7 let us know!:

Bill and Joan

New Jersey

Hello! Anyone had this room (8202) on Conquest? It's all the way up front.

its between cabin space so no noise issues. This is too far forward for me.

Is this your first cruise? You do not have to accept that cabin just because they gave it to you unless you booked a guarantee category.

Its too much of a walk to the food and pools every day- by mid week I was exhausted from all the walking.

can you move to the aft of the ship===

First time cruiser long time dreamer here. Currently booked in room 8446 on Carnival Glory. Anyone stayed there or close proximity. Please share your thoughts and experiences.

thanks a bunch