Mariner -- any new bedding?

Greetings -- we are scheduled on Mariner in early March (before its scheduled maintenance break). Any new bedding? We are on deck 10 in a Junior suite.

I tried searching on this, but cant find a thread exactly on point for Mariner. Thanks for any info!

Rich

I would guess not because she's going into dry dock in May. Will be "new" for us when we go on her again! :D

Just a tip...if they still have the same mattresses they had when we went, maybe you can ask for something when you get in your cabin. The mattresses were sunk in and my dh's back killed him!!

Of all my cruises, they had the worst beds! :( (if you need support)

My understanding is that the bedding will be replaced when the ship goes into drydock starting April 29. Having said that, someone posted that RCI said all the bedding is changed. I don't believe it because no one has posted anything about the new bedding being in place yet.

We go on Mariner in May, so either way it should be done. When we went in November, we asked for egg crates but there weren't any available because so many people requested them. The cabin steward put a comforter covered in a duvet under our sheet and that worked well. My sister asked for egg crates too and got the duvet thing but her bed was soooo bad she told the steward that it didn't help. When we got to St. Thomas, RCI purchased a whole bunch of egg crates so she got one then.

It will be so nice to get new bedding. I love Mariner and other than that, our cabin was great. Enjoy your cruise.

Katie

We just got back from Mariner yesterday (Jan 28th) and the beds had not been changed. I was concerned about this very thing considering my bed at home is like sleeping on a pillow. The beds were well used but I slept like a rock. Surprisingly confortable to me. Maybe is was because I was up till about 2am every night.

As other posters have said, the full bedding change isn't until drydock. However, we were on Mariner's 11/19/06 sailing. The room steward told us that they have been replacing some matresses with the new matresses and we were lucky to be in one of the cabins with the new matresses. We had 2 adjoining cabins on Deck 10 (1534 & 1536) and both cabins had the new matresses. The new matress was comfortable. By the way, the matress was the only thing that was new - the blankets & comforter definitely need to be replaced!

Archived