Zaandam 2/19 Hawaii...Ideas on best excursions?

tjm617

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder. I've done this cruise several times---most recently in October. If you want to post something of your interests I---and many others---may be able to give you some ideas.

I see that this is your first post! Welcome to the HAL board. Do you know that there are many forums on CC? There's also a board for Roll-Calls; your cruise may already be listed there. If so, why not scroll on over and join in. It's nice to get acquainted with fellow passengers before you set sail.

In any case, have a great cruise. The Zaandam is fabulous!

You will love this cruise and also the beautiful Zaandam. I did it this past November.

If you snorkle, and it is offered, do the Molokini Crater dive. It is really good.

Wish I was going with you. I don't go to Hawaii again until July.

there is a section here called the ports section and there is a lot of information in the Hawaii forum for planning trips. Also, some locals who are members of this forum who are very helpful.

I always book my excursions on my own in Hawaii, and I use tomsbarefoot.com as a source of information as to what there is to do in Hawaii.

jc

We just came back from Kauai, non cruise, and I would recommend renting your own car at this island or Maui or the big Island. We did do Blue Hawaiian copter of Waimea Canyon and it was fantastic. Expensive but a once in a life time event. On another trip In Maui it was great just to drive up to the volcano on your own or go over to Lahaina for a whale watch if they are there this time of yr. Pacific Whale Foundation does a great tour. Try to have a lunch at a restaurant that offers Hawaiian food--like an Aloha Plate. The Luau in Lahaina is great also but that is at night. We liked just walking around Kona but did stop for a tour of coffee plantation and there is good snorkeling at the park near the Ohana Keauhow Beach resort called Kahalu'u. You can rent equipment there but one needs feet protection to get across the lava.

We just came back from Kauai, non cruise, and I would recommend renting your own car at this island or Maui or the big Island. We did do Blue Hawaiian copter of Waimea Canyon and it was fantastic. Expensive but a once in a life time event. On another trip In Maui it was great just to drive up to the volcano on your own or go over to Lahaina for a whale watch if they are there this time of yr. Pacific Whale Foundation does a great tour. Try to have a lunch at a restaurant that offers Hawaiian food--like an Aloha Plate. The Luau in Lahaina is great also but that is at night. We liked just walking around Kona but did stop for a tour of coffee plantation and there is good snorkeling at the park near the Ohana Keauhou Beach resort called Kahalu'u. You can rent equipment there but one needs feet protection to get across the lava.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Where is Roll call? I am new and don't see it.

thanks!!

Scroll up to the top of the page where the Cruise Critic banner is. You should see (on the left) the word "home", then a sub-heading of "Cruise Critic Message Boards", then other sub-headings of "Cruise Lines 'A-O', "Holland America Line", and Zaandam 2/19 Hawaii...".

Click on "Cruise Critic Message Boards" and you will come to a screen absolutely filled with individual boards.

The second or third set of boards is for Roll-Calls. There is one for Holland America. Click on that, then you will see a list of ships. Go to "Zaandam" and click on that. There will be a long list of threads. Look for your sailing there.

It's not as complicated as this sounds. Really. Have I ever lied to you? :D

Archived