Yay or nay for 4 people in an inside cabin?

Jenna1983

I've never stayed in one, so I have no idea what they're "exactly" like. We're cruising in January and now my brother and three friends want to come with. They want to book the cheapest cabin (Inside), but are worried they'll feel "cramped." My brother's 6'6", his one friend is 6'3" and the other two are a lot shorter. Now if they do the four, do both of the pull downs come from the ceiling? They also want to know, "Do they push the regular beds together?"

I say they're way too fussy. lol

It will be very cramped for four adults in one cabin. The lower beds can remain separate. The uppers fold out of the wall. On many sailings getting two insides isn't alot more expensive than putting four in one cabin. Price both and weigh your options. If it is in the budget to book two cabins it will be much more comfortable.

if you click on the link in my signature you will see an inside cabin with two bunks that come down. Since you are basically only sleeping and getting changed in there and since it is 4 guys i dont think there will be any problem at all. We did this last February with our two teen daughters.

I recently did four in a cabin, but balcony. The configuration is a tad different than inside and we were okay. There's a price difference of about $200 per person difference for two in a cabin. So that's a pretty big difference for college age guys. I don't think bathrooms will be too bad considering they're guys. lol I think my brother is the one worried the most because he's so tall. However, I've said the ceiling height doesn't change from inside to ocean view! Lol

If a budget is the issue. Go with the 4 in a cabin. Some one can always use the showers in the spa/gym to save time.

My son and 3 friends are going on the Victory in June and priced a quad and 2 inside cabin, 2 inside cabins were only 60 dollars more a piece. So they got the 2 cahins

But 4 in a cabin can be done. Just plan ahead.

I've never stayed in one, so I have no idea what they're "exactly" like. We're cruising in January and now my brother and three friends want to come with. They want to book the cheapest cabin (Inside), but are worried they'll feel "cramped." My brother's 6'6", his one friend is 6'3" and the other two are a lot shorter. Now if they do the four, do both of the pull downs come from the ceiling? They also want to know, "Do they push the regular beds together?"

I say they're way too fussy. lol

My family went on the Paradise back in Sept and we had 5 in our inside cabin room. It was 2 adults and 3 children 10 and under. It was not bad for us. But, I would think that 4 adults it may feel a little cramped. But, if you are like us, we did not spend much time in there at all. The bathroom situation may be a bit more hectic with 4 adults also. Just depends on how much time you really spend your room. If it is just for sleeping, then I would think you could survive. Also, we were on a 4 day cruise, I would think the short the cruise, the easier you could do so many in a room.

Be very certain you are comfortable with the people you travel with under these close conditions. From one personal experience, four friends in one inside cabin (for two travellers it was their first cruise) led to some of us being former friends. Sorry for the downer note, enjoy your vacation.

Guys, being guys, don't think things through all the way most of the time, especially younger ones, LOL. :D While "cheaper" may seem like a good plan now, they mist likely will be singing a different tune when they're fighting for the bathroom or tripping over one another in the cabin.

Since you aren't cruising until January, they might want to shop for connecting cabins to keep the fun element, but provide more space and another bathroom. I personally wouldn't want to put four grown men in one inside cabin, but it is their budget....

My DS's senior class took a cruise and he was in an inside cabin with 3 other guys. He said it was rough especially if any of them are smokers. One other comment that may or may not pertain, there are weight limits on those upper bunks, I know because DS (he was an offensive tackle) was pushing them on all of our cruises until we finally had to go with cabins that have couch beds. Also, just a thought from a mother of a college student, those upper bunks could be a problem after too much of a good time.

As others have said, I would price it both ways. They could go with a 1A guaranty if they are OK with possibly not being that close to you. Also, you didn't say but I am assuming they are all over 21 .... if not check out the minor policy.

Never stayed 4 to a cabin but I can remember back to my spring break college days on some beach in Florida and me and my buddies didn't need much. Just a place to lay your head and brush your teeth. As maurick said, some can use the spa/gym. I do this just because the showers are soooo much bigger.

Having said that, they would have to be good friends, not just friend of friend or "hey, I know a 4th that would go and save us some money." If $$ is all they are worried about, I guess that decision is already made.

the weight limit for the upper bed is 250 pounds.

We stayed 5 to an inside cabin with the youngest being 13 and oldest kid being 19 and me as the adult. We did one cabin since the savings was over 700.00 to do it that way.

Upcoming on the Liberty it will cost only 50.00 each person to get the two cabins..

an inside cabin is quite doable for 4 adults but it is hard and you need a system in place BEFORE you cruise.

Showers in the gym or all will need to take staggered showers.

You can request the beds on the floor to be seperated-- actually seperating themgives you more space in the cabin

PS-- hopefully your brother and friends are all over 21 or someone wont be cruising.

If under 21 some on the cabin MUST be 25.

Currently, they're all 20, but all turn 21 this summer. So that won't be a problem come January. If it is a problem when booking it now, we'll just have my mother put in their cabin for now. They're all under the 250 weight limit. I'm not staying with them-so I don't care if they're not my friend at the end of the cruise! Haha.

They seem to think they'll be fine with the inside, which is what they're going to book. If they change their minds, they have quite a bit of time! Lol Thanks though for the ideas/suggestions!

Archived