Blarney and Kinsale Tour

ArtM

I was fooling around on Google for info on Cork, and I stumbled on this:

http://www.ecoach.ie/blarney_bus_tour_list.php

It appears to be a low cost (15 - 20 euros) way to get to Blarney Castle, Kinsale and Cobh. At that price, we're on our own for admissions and food. There is pick-up and drop-off at the dock. The day of our cruise was just opened for booking yesterday, so the price may go up, if one believes the site.

I've exchanged e-mails with Ian of ecoach, and this is their first year running a tour that individual passengers could sign up for. Previously, they only did private tours. Ian did not specifically say so, but I suspect that the parent company is Butler Buses since there is a link to ecoach on the Butler-Buses site. I'd like to think that Butler Buses wouldn't risk their good reputation by linking to something questionable.

BTW, as of yesterday, 30 January, Ian was still adding cruise dates to the calendar, in case the date of your 2007 cruise isn't listed yet.

Art

• 3 weeks later...

Ian is serious about steadily increasing the price.

For the Constellation on 21 April, the cost has gone up a half Euro at time to be at 26.5 euros this morning.

Those of us that are in under 20 euros feel like geniuses :)

Art

Thanks for the info Art! We are booked on the Jewel of the Seas Western Europe cruise in September. I sent an email to Ian because I didn't see any tours offered then and he added a tour. We booked this tour because it seems to offer a little more than the cruise lines shore excursion offers, at about half the price. The booking process couldn't have been easier! Thanks for the tip. I'll post the web address in the Jewel's roll call for our sailing so others can book if they wish. Happy Sailing:D

Gail

I just booked with them on Tuesday. Ian is Ian Butler. The fare for my tour is 17,50 Euros. SOmeone else on our cruise who booked earlier was 15.

mary

Hi Mary, Al and I are on this tour, too. I know of 5 others, as well.

Ian is serious about steadily increasing the price.

For the Constellation on 21 April, the cost has gone up a half Euro at time to be at 26.5 euros this morning.

Those of us that are in under 20 euros feel like geniuses :)

Art

It sure is true. From the time I first looked at it and then booked, it jumped several euros; all in the same day. We have it at 21.99 euros, each.

• 6 years later...

Interesting as we booked through them last year as individuals for 20€ so this is not their first year. It's a good tour for the money but both Blarney and Kinsale are a little zoo like. Not much left of the castle but the grounds were quite nice. If they say they are full, they will probably add another bus if enough people express an interest. At least that is what they did last year.

• 5 weeks later...

We booked with eCoach in advance of our Transatlantic Emerald Princess Cruise for Cobh, our first stop in Europe (early May 2013). After looking at ship tour offerings and finding no other private tour companies, we decided to try them--we didn't think that there was enough to do for a full day just staying on our own in Cobh. We were met at the port by the bus driver who directed us to a large comfortable bus. We left 1/2 hour before the ships/other tours and arrived at the Blarney Castle with no rush. We were able to enjoy the grounds and wait in a small line to "kiss the stone" before leaving for a trip to Kinsale, a difficult place to get to without a bus or car. We also had a city drive-through of Cork and visited a cathedral and saw the Titanic dock, etc., in Cobh. The price for the two of us was very reasonable, just about half price of the ship's tour for just a half-day visit to the Blarney Castle. They did add an extra bus...we had to be on a waiting list before getting a confirmation. We usually use ship tours, even though they are expensive, but I recommend eCoach and thought they gave us a wonderful day in Ireland. If you want to get out and about for a good price, they were terrific. They returned us to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I believe the owner is Ian and you can Google eCoach to get their website link.

We did this tour and it was excellent. The price was amazing. Only thing, lunch was on our own and we had to pay 10E each to enter Blarney Castle. Still, the cost was half of the Celebrity tour.

Once you enter the Castle grounds, go right to the castle, since the queue to go up to kiss the stone is long. It took us 1.5 hours waiting. Some people were late and gave up.

We used Paddywagon Tours for the Blarney/Kinsale tour erlier this month,they were great. Prompt, comfortable and good explanations. Reasonable too. Also, for anyone looking for private tours out of Waterord/Dunston East, we put together a group and used " A Rural Experience" tours,went to Jerpoint Abbey, Kilkenny Castle and the Waterford factory tour.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived