? Re: Mariner & pre-stay

I am in the same boat as you for my cruise in August.

Others have suggested the Radisson and Comfort Inn. The Radisson looks gorgeous, but the Comfort Inn is cheaper for my family so we will probably stay there.

All we need to do now is find out the cheapest way to get to that hotel.

Hi All,

My wife and I had stayed at the Radisson the last two cruises and probably would of stayed there again for this coming cruise in August but my friend moved down near the port.

I always rent from AVIS, from MCO to the port...I am renting from August 10 (12 noon) through August 12 (10:00 am) and it is going to cost me about $90 for 1 day and 22 hours for an intermediate car. Of course a smaller vehicle would be cheaper. Try looking up online COSTCO, SAM'S, BJ's, AAA, AARP, etc. (if you are a member).

Good luck

We stayed at the Radission at Port Canaveral back in 2003. It served it's purpose, but the room was very, very worn. I think we paid $199 for the night in their suite, and I wouldn't do that again.

Prior to our Mariner cruise, we stayed at the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport. It was a nice place, $99 for a suite. Quick 45 minutes to the port. They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. We'll continue to stay by the MCO airport precruise (in addition to the Sheraton, in that same area just north of the airport there is a Marriott/Courtyard/Fairfield/Renaissance, 2 AmeriSuites, a Country Inn & Suites, La Quinta, Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn Select, Hilton Garden Inn, and maybe another hotel or two - great area!).

We have a room booked at the Radisson. I had thought about staying in MCO, but I think I would like to get all the traveling done in one day.

You can bid on hotels on Priceline - there are 3 3 star hotels in Cocoa Beach (the highest rating there is in the area) that are right on the beach. I have heard that people have pretty good luck with these - tehre is a Holiday Inn, Doubletree and I can't think of the other one. You can check bidfortravel.com

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Port Canaverl. We got a 2 bedroom suite for $145. It's a new hotel, and beautiful. Great free hot breakfast too. I would definately stay there again.

Okay, so the Residence sounds good. Do they have a shuttle to the port or do I call a taxi?

Linda

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Port Canaverl. We got a 2 bedroom suite for $145. It's a new hotel, and beautiful. Great free hot breakfast too. I would definately stay there again.

My family of four stayed there last year and would agree. we have also stayed at the Radisson and liked it too. Both are very close to the port and offer shuttle service. The Residence used Cocoa Beach Shuttle and there was a charge, but it was the easiest to find when we got back. You can't go wrong with either place. I would base my decision on price and room type available.

Have a great time!

We cruised on the Mariner in Jan 2007, rented a car from Budget and stayed at the LaQuinta for $65/night that included a free breakfast. The room was clean recently renovated and the pool was very nice and quiet. Having a rental car was a much better alternative than trying to get transportation. Budget is onsight at MCO and does not charge a one way drop off fee that other rental agencies sometimes do..It was a great stay and we will do it again in the future

I asked this same question about a month ago, and along with the Radisson and the Residence Inn, several people recommended the new Country Inn and Suites. We booked a 1 bedroom suite for $129. They also have a shuttle to the port which is only 1/2 mile away. Just another suggestion.

Lori in TN

I need recommendations on where to stay the night before at Port Canaveral. Arrival into Orlando after 2pm and just need a clean, convenient place before boarding the Mariner.

Any suggestions:D

Linda

In April 2006 I stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Got the room for $85/night via Priceline. Great place, I would not mind going there again.

Doubletree.jpg

Also, the Radisson, which is near the pier, is very popular.

I need recommendations on where to stay the night before at Port Canaveral. Arrival into Orlando after 2pm and just need a clean, convenient place before boarding the Mariner.

Any suggestions:D

Linda

In April 2006 I stayed at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Got the room for $85/night via Priceline. Great place, I would not mind going there again.

Doubletree.jpg

Also, the Radisson, which is just below the AIA in the map above, is very popular.

We tried to book a taxi from the Residence Inn because we did not want to go with the crowds and wanted to go earlier than the shuttle (which was a huge bus). We confirmed our taxi on 3 separate occassions. It was 1/2 late, and when it arrived, it was a shuttle and loaded up a bunch of other people too. Be clear on what "taxi" you schedule. Other than that, the hotel was great.

According to the Marriott website, there is no Residence Inn in Port Canaveral. The closest is Orlando. Am I looking at the right place?

I found one ...

1. Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach >>

• 8959 Astronaut Blvd.
  • Cape Canaveral , FL 32920

And here is the address for the Radisson ...

8701 ASTRONAUT BOULEVARD

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

(321) 784-0000

Archived