Nassau question please

cruisyjulie

HI. We are on the Zuiderdam August 14th sailing and are trying to figure out what to do in Nassau. We have been there many times and are not interested in seeing Atlantis again. We have a 4 and 7 year old with us and we are trying to take into consideration the extreme heat and humidity we will have. The catamaran shore excursion (I think it's called seahorse sail and snorkel) is of interest but we don't know if it will be too hot and uncomfortable. Has anyone done this shore excursion that could offer some feedback? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

I haven't taken that particular excursion, but I would think that any water activity would be great for that age. Let them burn a little energy while enjoying a respite from the heat. If you want to wander around town a little, there's a neat pirate museum that they might find interesting.

Seeing as you have the young children, you may wish to consider going to the beach. There are some wonderful beaches relatively near the dock....a short taxi ride away .

There are many suggestions for Nassau on the ports of call board! The advice we are going to take in November is to spend the afternoon at the British Colonial Hilton which is walking distance from the pier. For $15.00 per person (not sure if kids have to pay...) you will get towels, umbrella, and chairs and have full use of beach and pool facilities. There's supposed to be an outdoor restaurant there that's great for lunch too. :)

Thank you everyone. Cookwise...do you need to arrange that hotel in advance? Are there big waves, food service and bathrooms nearby? Also, for those who think the excursion is good, do you think it will be too hot or is it ok since we are on the water? Remember, it's August. If it were later in the year I would not be having this dilemna. The pirate museum sounds great too. How much time do you need there?

Julie,

From what I undersatand, there are no big waves because the beach is in a bay area. There's a restaurant on the beach. Can't say about the bathroom situation since I haven't been there yet. Do a search on the Nassau port of call board and you will find many posts that may answer some more questions. From what I read on the boards, you do not have to reserve in advance, but it wouldn't hurt to call or email and find out just in case things have changed. I'd appreciate a post here about that if you decide to find out. Here's the web site to the hotel so you can get the numbers you need and look at pictures. It's www.nassau.hilton.com/

Click on the hotel fact sheet under the picture on the home page and you will get a great view of the beach/pool area.

I've heard this is a wonderful and easy way to have a nice day in Nassau.

Archived