We're "cost conscious" (read CHEAP) travelers

ArizonaRalphie

You might consider signing up for the Accor hotel specials - last Christmas we managed to get the Menzies for $65 night!

Interesting - I was just looking at Menzies! What did you think of the Menzies and how convenient is it for Sydney sightseeing? Thanks.

Interesting - I was just looking at Menzies! What did you think of the Menzies and how convenient is it for Sydney sightseeing? Thanks.

hmmm it's in a great central location, maybe the rooms are just a little tired but for the price we paid...... I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as long as you are going not expecting the Westin (now that's a nice hotel:D ) pleasant outlook pleasant staff! easy walk to the hubb of shopping easy walk to Circular Quay - literally just across the road - Carrington St and main entrance - (and down a few escalators) is Wynard Station which is great - also on the way down to the rail station is a small but well stocked Coles Supermarket incl. bottle shop! going out an alternate entrance takes you onto George St where there are loads of buses!

We think that we will book the Rendevous for a two night pre-cruise in Auckland for roughly $105 USD per night, but where can we find comparable rates in Sydney for our three night post cruise? Cheap and inquiring minds want to know.

Our daughter is getting married later this year and we've booked a block of 8 rooms at the Citigate Central for some of the guests. Its very well located, near all the tourist spots and although not cheap, reasonably priced.

http://www.mirvachotels.com.au/hotel_detail.asp?hotel=39

O.K. so like I do every morning I checked the ANZ round trip fares again and the price dropped to $1280 so I jumped on it and booked the flights. I went back in to get flights for my brother and sister-in-law and the price was back up to $1344. What do you suppose is up with that? By the way, I did get confirmation back from ANZ at $1280.
Because two (or however many you booked) seats in a cheaper booking class came back into the system (maybe someone had been holding them and had cancelled them, or maybe the yield management computer thought that it would be appropriate to release two seats for sale in that class). Once you'd bought them, the cheapest available seats reverted to the price that you'd been seeing before those two seats came available.

• 1 month later...

Pinksuit - if you have a large group (over 10) going - my suggestion is you deal with Air New Zealand directly. I just did that for our group of 19 - and got the ticket from LAX to AKL then from SYD to LAX for $945 including all the taxes and surcharges. Only had to put a deposit down to hold the fare and everyone could pay individually around 60 days before. For the Premium economy fare it was $1745. We also got the flights we wanted that weren't showing up on kayak.com or their website at the time i booked it (I had seen it earlier).

We just booked LAX to Honolulu to Sydney for April 5th. The price was $605. We do not need the return flight to LAX, as we will cruise to LA on May 14th.

Felt like this was a great price. I used 1800cheapseats to book.

The airline itself had the same flight listed for close to $1300.

Nancy

Pinksuit - if you have a large group (over 10) going - my suggestion is you deal with Air New Zealand directly. I just did that for our group of 19 - and got the ticket from LAX to AKL then from SYD to LAX for $945 including all the taxes and surcharges. Only had to put a deposit down to hold the fare and everyone could pay individually around 60 days before. For the Premium economy fare it was $1745. We also got the flights we wanted that weren't showing up on kayak.com or their website at the time i booked it (I had seen it earlier).

I did contact Air New Zealand directly and also their competion Quantus. However, my quote was nowhere that generous. We were quoted, $1475 for LA to Sydney and return from Auckland to LAX. What are your dates of travel?

PinkSuit

Archived