Unbelieveable Morning for Floridians.

AFT_LOVER

The primary highway from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral (I 4) was closed earlier this morning due to tornado damage to trees and vehicles. I pray that all our cruisers arrived safe to the port.

For the record, I-4 is not the primary highway from the Orlando airport to PC. The BeachLine (528) is. It was not closed.

The Weather Service just did their investigative report & they show the paths of 9 tornados that blew apart lives of thousands. 19 dead as of now (6:30PM ET). God love the man who held a birthday party for a friend a month after moving into their new home at the Village. Then the windows blew out and the winds roared from the front out the balcony door with the furniture from the living room into the back yard. Another couple was in bed as the windows blew out waking the wife & she screams in the wind as her husband wakes a bit & the walls just went away. They are together, safe but homeless.

I am sitting with subzero weather coming tonite thru Wednesday & watching this since 4:30AM when Weather Channel had the story of the tornado which is now 9 of them. What more can Floridians take! And to hear folks with no insurance since they have to eat & medication costs, they can't afford it. Just unbelievable.....

What more can Floridians take! And to hear folks with no insurance since they have to eat & medication costs, they can't afford it. Just unbelievable.....

We have our beautiful beaches and mild climate, but we sure do pay for it in hurricanes and tornadoes. We have been lucky not to have anything major on the panhandle for a few years and that we can afford good insuracne and cruises ;) !

Honestly, you couldn't pay me enough money in the world to live in Florida, esp in an RV. The insurance rates must be going thru the roof down there.

Insurance down here in Florida is a joke....we built a brand-new home in 2000 with the new Miami-Dade building codes as required...the first year our insurance was $275 a year......we got hit by Hurricane Charley four years later (the eye came right through Charlotte County) had about $25,000 worth of damage and last year my insurance was $2100. :eek:

We live in Brevard County and while we had some wind and thunder and lightening we escaped the devastation. My girlfriend was petrified going to work this morning driving I-95 she kept hydro-planing and having to keep pulling over. I have been watching on T.V. most of the day and just keep saying prayers for all those affected.

Parrothead...glad you are ok up there ! Storms came through here early this am, heavy rain and lightening. We had nothing compared to what our neighbors went through :(

Just when things were looking a "little" better for us on the insurance front, here we go again.

I have been here since 1992, paid 300.00 . I now pay 1450.00 and have never had a claim ! Yet, these insurance companies continue to make record profits :eek:

I still love this state. We have to take the bad with the good. The good far out weighs the bad.

God bless those that have lost their homes, and their lives.

I am also in central Fl., just south of Daytona. I woke up at 4 this morning I guess because of the winds. When I saw the lightning, I took my dogs out before it got too bad, came and in and turned on the tv. When the weather man started naming streets in my area where the storm was headed, I got my kids up and into the middle of the house. We were very fortunate. It went slightly to the south of us and although it wasn't mentioned much on the news, a portion of New Smyrna Beach had major damage....US-1 was closed for awhile.

What a day. It's one of those things that you don't want to watch the news, but can't tear yourself away. My heart goes out to all those who suffered a loss.

I have been here since 1992, paid 300.00 . I now pay 1450.00 and have never had a claim ! Yet, these insurance companies continue to make record profits :eek:

My son who lives west of the Trail paid $2,000 last year on his 3 bedroom house. This year it is $4,000. Ridiculous...:eek:

[quote name='cusyl']My son who lives west of the Trail paid $2,000 last year on his 3 bedroom house. This year it is $4,000. Ridiculous...:eek:[/quote]

"West of the trail" was the key word. Anything west of the trail is double. It is criminal what these companies have done here. I just don't understand how they keep having record years, but yet have to raise the rates to pay for the hurricaines. Then you hear so many horror stories of people that still haven't been paid from Charley.

I raised my deductible to 4000.00 to kee my premium at 1400.00 LOL. Isn't it unreal !!

Archived