I booked my first RCI cruise!

mrBit

I am a Carnival fan, but I am not closed to trying RCI.

Sooo, I have booked the Voyager of the Seas (balcony) for Jan 27th 2008 and noticed that the Voyager has a more private balcony than its successor class ships.

The ship looks great and I wanted to thank the RCI board and especially Crowncast.org for all the great info.

If there is anything I should know about Voyager or things to do or take note of please let me know.

cheers.

I am a Carnival fan, but I am not closed to trying RCI.

Sooo, I have booked the Voyager of the Seas (balcony) for Jan 27th 2008 and noticed that the Voyager has a more private balcony than its successor class ships.

The ship looks great and I wanted to thank the RCI board and especially Crowncast.org for all the great info.

If there is anything I should know about Voyager or things to do or take note of please let me know.

cheers.

You wouldn't be in 8542 would you? That was our room on our first ever cruise and it got us hooked. Great well run ship. The only thing to watch our for is don't walk too fast if you take food from the Windjammer out on the pool deck, the doors open slow and you might end up wearing your food. I will await hearing your thoughts when you return.

Make sure when you get on board you book Portofino restaurant, well worth the 20$ per person surcharge.

Make sure you check the compass for when the ice show ticket are available. They are free but you need one to get into one of the shows. On our cruise there were 4 times.

If you want to go ice skating, make sure you pack long pants as they are required.

Make sure you take a good tour all over the ship to see all the things that are offered. I had been on 3 Carnivals when I took my first RCCL on the Explorer and I was blown away by the beauty of the decor and all the activities available.

I'm a first time cruiser - set to sail on February 25th on the Mariner (the last Voyager class ship) - we cannot wait! I can't offer you personal advice regarding the ships, but I can tell you that the people on these boards go above and beyond to answer your questions. :)

Also, if you want to see deck plans with photos and descriptions, then check out http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/. It is an AWESOME website!

I am sailing Adventure of Seas in March and this is my first cruise with RCCL. I have sailed twice with Carnival. I am so looking forward to trying this ship and I too have been encouraged by all the people on cruise critic. I didn't know anything about getting a refund if prices drop or anything like that but I got a price drop last week of $980. I am so impressed with royal Caribbean.

cottagemama

mrBit, welcome to the 'other side!' Excellent choice of ship for your first Royal cruise. We've sailed her twice and will do so again. The mega-ships are awesome even though some people prefer the smaller craft. Lots of things to do, service and food are pretty good too!

You'll find tons of people over the next several months that will give you all the skinny about this wonderful ship.

And isn't that Crowncast.org podcast awesome!?

Enjoy!

Oh my, RCCL, you've got to be kidding me, surely you can find some cruise line better than them and those aft cabins, Unbelievable, Back away from the afts! Once you go aft you can't go back!

Enjoy if you must. ;)

Welcome to RC travelers! :) :)

Try for rooms 1100, 1102, 9256, etc.

All the corner afts in the way back on either side of the ships are great!

If you can't get one of the corner ones working your way down to deck 7 then try the ones in between all corner afts.

Good luck. Tell me if you get lucky. CJ :) :)

Archived