Advice on waterproof cases for your stuff

Sandi149

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a waterproof case of some sort to keep camera, wallets, passports, etc in when we go on our cruise in June. I found one online called a Splash Caddy. Does anyone have any experience with this one or is there another brand that is better?

Any ideas are appreciated.

I just researched the same questions as you.....and this is what I just wound up purchasing.

From the Waterproof store I bought a aqua sac for $30 to fit my digital camera...but I also bought the multi sized Aloksok bags because I am paranoid. I will put my camera in an Aloksok inside the Aqua sac. And don't forget the silica gel packs.

Are these things made by Pelican sort of like a "buckle pack"? I need something that can hang around my husband's or my waist when we go into the ocean. Do you think sporting goods stores such as The Sports Authority or Modells would have them?

Are these things made by Pelican sort of like a "buckle pack"? I need something that can hang around my husband's or my waist when we go into the ocean. Do you think sporting goods stores such as The Sports Authority or Modells would have them?

Click on the picture to go to the WEB site.

yhst-19202257998712_1934_13157947

My vote goes to AquaPak, also. The one I have folds in half, has a belt, and will hold all my money, cards, and passports for the two of us. They're a bit pricey, but worth it. As far as a camera case goes, you can look up "waterproof cameras" on EBay and there will be one place that sells waterproof cases for lots of different cameras. Myself, I'm going to buy a couple of $9.00 throwaway waterproof cameras at WalMart for the beach and wetter places. I figure no one would want to steal a crappy camera if I leave it on the beach. Hope this helps!;)

Archived