Do You REALLY Care about your Cabin???

Here's what I think about it:

- When in Alaska, you must have a balcony; location on ship not important, as long as you've got that balcony!

- When in the Caribbean, not so much...it's either too hot or too windy (it seems) to justify spending so much time out there

Could be that we have different things factoring in, but I cruised the West. Carib. in December of 2006 and had a wonderful balcony experience; gorgeous sunsets, delicious salty breezes, wonderful temperature, etc. Our favorite way to spend the early evening was to sit on the balconies and have before dinner cocktails, watching the flying fish and the setting sun...

Location, Location, Location!! Very important for us to know what is above and below our cabin. It can make or break your cruise. We've been under the DR...never again! Under the jogging track on the Majesty....never again!! These are the things we learned the hard way as we go along and cruise more and more.

We try to be very aware of where our cabin is located, sometimes we don't have too much of a choice when booking last minute!!!

We only cruise once every 2 yrs & always book the top category cabin.

You book the Royal Suite? ;)

Me? I've done 2 interiors but really have to have the natural light so I tend to get a OV. Balconies are neat, but I don't absolutely have to have one. I think my bf would have preferred an interior - he would close the drapes, I would open them, he'd close them, I'd open them ....

Yes, cabin location really matters. Not so much for a seasick factor .... but because if you're underneath a dining room, a pool deck, the jogging track, or THE CENTRIUM (see recent Monarch Cruise review for explanation), you're going to hear noise and will be bothered by it!!!!

So yes, I now will look at all cabins above and below me!

:D

So yes, location really does matter :)

In other words, if a hump/aft is available, do you feel it is REALLY that important/necessary to spend the extra $$ over say an E2????? .

A hump/AFT doesn't cost extra. I have a hump cabin on my upcoming Serenade cruise and it's an E3. I don't pay anything extra because my E3 happens to be in a better location than some of the other cabins in the same category.

Once you have a balcony cabin it is hard to imagine going without. But other than that size / location doesn't matter other than prefer decks that sit between 2 residential decks.

If I cannot have a balcony, I am not interested in going on a cruise. How much I use the balcony depends on many variables.

Are the wife and I by ourselves or are we with a group? (I'm out of the cabin much more if we are with a group). How warm is the weather? (I like it warm, my wife likes it cool, so she cranks up the airconditioning and I go out on the balcony, if it is warm outside). How port intensive is the cruise? (Nothing like reading an entire book on the balcony during an at sea day).

Have a D1 reserved in March and a Grand Suite in December, can't wait.

:rolleyes: :cool: :D LOOK,if you canot aford a nice,better cabin then it does not matter,but for example,I had midship mini suite on the carnival liberty a year ago,1250,somthing,per,deck 11,other friends chose deck 6 port hole 1000 per,ruff seas hit,they were sick,we were like,what ruff seas!Rooms do matter except for the cheap and poor,which is ok,it is great to kick back on your your private balcony mojito in hand kissing your honey smelling the salt brezzzeesssssssss,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

:rolleyes: :cool: :D LOOK,if you canot aford a nice,better cabin then it does not matter,but for example,I had midship mini suite on the carnival liberty a year ago,1250,somthing,per,deck 11,other friends chose deck 6 port hole 1000 per,ruff seas hit,they were sick,we were like,what ruff seas!Rooms do matter except for the cheap and poor,which is ok,it is great to kick back on your your private balcony mojito in hand kissing your honey smelling the salt brezzzeesssssssss,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

So, according to you, if for our upcoming N.E. cruise in June if I dont grab the suite that is available for $4500 pp iam "cheap and poor". Boy, I wish I was rich like you- you are my idol.

Are you for real? LMAO

I didn't care...until I booked a balcony! Then nothing else would do! Then I booked and AFT balcony and now (unless it's a little weekend cruise) won't book anything else!!!!!! If I can't get aft, I won't book! :)

It's a disease :)

I'll join the cheap but not poor club. There are rare times when a balcony or mini / jr suite pop up at a crazy low rate but unless that happens I'll opt for the best deal I can get. I spend so little time in my cabin that I just don't feel like I get my money's worth for it.

I just believe in obtaining the best cabin for the money. We've booked an aft balcony this time and it's cheaper than the balcony we had before on the same deck just a few doors away. Why would I choose an ordinary balcony cabin if there is an aft one available for less or the same $$$ ?!

Get the best you can for your budget :D

I didn't care...until I booked a balcony! Then nothing else would do! Then I booked and AFT balcony and now (unless it's a little weekend cruise) won't book anything else!!!!!! If I can't get aft, I won't book! :)

It's a disease :)

I think I have the same disease :rolleyes:

Had an aft JS on the Radiance in November and am about to sail in another aft JS in a few weeks on the Adventure....!!!!!!!

ckrobyn,

Good to know I'm not alone! Cruising is one disease I don't want to recover from!

Our first aft was Brilliance in 2004, then Radiance in 2005...addicted! Our closest cruise is an inside (yikes...haven't done that since 2001!) but we needed a quick "cheap" getaway, but we're in #1400 on Freedom in December and CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :)

I hope you enjoy all your upcoming afts!

Sam :)

:rolleyes: :cool: :D Rooms do matter except for the cheap and poor,which is ok,1111

You can't be serious! :confused: I am neither "cheap" or "poor" and have had a balcony. I prefer the darkness and do not hang out in my cabin. People like different things...it's that simple.

This brings me back to my coments on pg 2&3...is it more about bragging, comfort or getting a deal?? Seem like a bragger to me :rolleyes:

Archived