Sunset at Mallory Square

coachk34

There are several vendors in the Mallory Square area that sell frosty drinks (Pina Coladas, Margaritas, etc...) as well as several hotels and restaurants with outdoor bars. I believe Clay said there is a local ordinace against carrying your drink around on the streets, but we saw LOTS of folks in Mallory having a high-ho time.... ;)

There are also soda machines and water bottles for sale in the area, for those in need of non-alcoholic refreshments... :cool:

prices double at sunset there. Get a good buzz before hand and bring a drink from where ever you are. You can drink on the streets in Key West as long as it's in a plastic cup ( called a travlin cup by the locals :-) ). You will have a blast

Well bilge you are not quite right, it is against city ordinance to have an open container on the street...that being said, the City is at this point not inforcing the ordinace....from what I can tell, as long as you do not flaunt it and if asked by an officer to dispose of your cup do so, I think you will be fine.

I do agree with gassing up before going to Mallory Sq. but if you find yourself in need of topping off, the Mojitos at Meson de Pepe's are pretty good!

Clay

Agree with Clay, we just spent a three day weekend over Heminway days and drinkning on the street was wide open, just use a cuzi or get a to go cup, and as Clay said if you are not causing a problem, you won't have one :D

Archived