Best choices for New Orleans parking

firefly333

I read that many park at a hotel and spend the night, cant remember which hotel. I guess there is no cheaper remote parking other than the terminal? I read that parking at the new terminal is $14 a day. For 2 of us, that seems steep.

We are driving from Dallas so could just drive down and board, we dont need the extra night at a hotel, I was only considering it because it is so expensive to park at the terminal.

Galveston you can park for so much less, that Im kinda surprised how high New Orleans is. Im open to any suggestions.

$14 a day to park seems awfully expensive. We are cruising out of N.O. in May and plan to drive down a day ahead of time from Shreveport. I checked with one hotel that had a free park and cruise deal. The hotel was way too expensive and they also did not have a shuttle to get you to the pier. So therefore, you have to pay for a taxi. Anyway you look at it, it's going to cost you! New Orleans should consider parking expenses. People would be more likely to spend money in town if they didn't have to spend it on parking. :rolleyes:

Archived