Orlando to Port Canaveral transportation?

tracico

Thinking of taking a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas in June. Looks like Orlando airport (45 minutes) is the closest to Port Canaveral. Can anyone tell me if there is a rental car dropoff at Port Canaveral or any names of shuttle services from Orlando airport to the port?

We have used Budget 2 times traveling from MCO to the port...so easy guys. We booked economy car around $35 one way. We had no wait to pick up car and was so very nice having our own vehicle to get to the port and not have to wait for others to board a bus/shuttle to get to port. We got there in about 35 minutes and Budget drops you right up front and porters get your bags...super smooth, cheap, easy way to go. We do this everytime now.

And once we had a 9:40am flight out of MCO and since we had our own car and did carry off luggage, we were there at MCO, check-in and in seats at airport by 8:45...was sooooo nice!

Has anyone used Cali Express Transportation? Here's their website. They seem to be the cheapest I've found. Although I'm scared because they are the cheapest I've found.

Have never heard of them. Had a look at their prices and it seems strange that Port Canveral is $30 round trip, but Titusville, that you have to pass on the way to PC is $65 ONE WAY, and Cocoa Beach, 5 mins past PC is $25.00 ONE WAY. Doesn't make sense to me, I wonder if anyone else has used them:confused:

Have never heard of them. Had a look at their prices and it seems strange that Port Canveral is $30 round trip, but Titusville, that you have to pass on the way to PC is $65 ONE WAY, and Cocoa Beach, 5 mins past PC is $25.00 ONE WAY. Doesn't make sense to me, I wonder if anyone else has used them:confused:
Thanks for the info as I didn't know where any of those were. I wonder if it's supposed to be $30 one way since all the others are one way. But then that makes it a bad deal as I found a few that were $40 per person.

I just called Tropicana for our May trip..here is what I was quoted:

We are going to Disney's Pop Century Resort for two nights pre cruise and for them to pick the four of us up there and take us to Port Canaveral it is $50 total for all of us. Then to take all of us back to the airport after the cruise it would be $40 per person. (That $40 includes roundtrip but we are staying an extra night at Cocoa Beach). So grand total $210.00 Also on their website it states that you get one 15 minutes stop along the way to stop at a store and get what you may need (beverages, sun block, etc) they can provide car seats, booster seats, etc, and it is individual private transportation. I think I am going to use them. We are staying one night post cruise in Cocoa Beach so I won't use them after the cruise but I think for $50 for the four of us to get to Port Canaveral and be picked up at our Hotel is a great deal!! Just wanted to let you all know what I found out...

Thanks for the tip on this Comp!! ;)

I just called Tropicana for our May trip..here is what I was quoted:

We are going to Disney's Pop Century Resort for two nights pre cruise and for them to pick the four of us up there and take us to Port Canaveral it is $50 total for all of us. Then to take all of us back to the airport after the cruise it would be $40 per person. (That $40 includes roundtrip but we are staying an extra night at Cocoa Beach). So grand total $210.00 Also on their website it states that you get one 15 minutes stop along the way to stop at a store and get what you may need (beverages, sun block, etc) they can provide car seats, booster seats, etc, and it is individual private transportation. I think I am going to use them. We are staying one night post cruise in Cocoa Beach so I won't use them after the cruise but I think for $50 for the four of us to get to Port Canaveral and be picked up at our Hotel is a great deal!! Just wanted to let you all know what I found out...

Thanks for the tip on this Comp!! ;)

My husband and I flew into Orlando Airport and had chartered buses transport us (about 45mins-1hr) to Port Canveral. We had our travel agent book us the 'Royal Connections' which is $40 per person and includes roundtrip transport from the airport to pier and then after the cruise from the pier back to the airport. They take care of all of your luggage for you! It was super nice and worth every penny...especially when we got off the cruise and didn't feel like carrying our luggage around ourselves!! Hope this helps!

I am taking a rental down to the port because we will be staying 2 days before. Returning to MCO though we are still deciding between a rental or just grabbing the first taxi we see because we have a early flight.

kbt2- You said that you were at MCO after the cruise pretty quickly. Was budget there at the port waiting for you to get off so they could bring you to rent a car back to MCO? did they wait for others to get off the ship before they brought you back?

I am taking a rental down to the port because we will be staying 2 days before. Returning to MCO though we are still deciding between a rental or just grabbing the first taxi we see because we have a early flight.

kbt2- You said that you were at MCO after the cruise pretty quickly. Was budget there at the port waiting for you to get off so they could bring you to rent a car back to MCO? did they wait for others to get off the ship before they brought you back?

I used Budget on the 9th of Feb. my DD, SIL and I were one of the first ones off the ship. The Budget van was right there waiting for us. Another couple was right behind us and they got in and away we went. Van was not full. We had our rental within 20 minutes of getting off the ship. Very easy drive to airport. They were just great to deal with. I used them to go to the port also. The way down cost was 42.00 for full size and on the way back to airport the cost was 38.00 full size. So renting was much cheaper for us.

The way down cost was 42.00 for full size and on the way back to airport the cost was 38.00 full size. So renting was much cheaper for us.

I've been looking at Budget and the cheapest I could find was about $50 with fees.

Did your price of $42 and $38 include fees?

Did you have a discount coupon?

Thanks!

they have the shuttle there at 7:30am if you tell them that you are renting the one way back too. Let them know when u arrive to drop car off and they said they always have shuttle there on ship days at 7:30am...we had 10ish flight out of MCO and were there with ease, since we didn't have to wait around. We told the shuttle guy from Budget we had to get going and he just took us on to Budget then went back to port. Budget is only like 2 miles from port, so quick. But, alsio FYI we did carry off luggage too. SO more quick.

I've been looking at Budget and the cheapest I could find was about $50 with fees.

Did your price of $42 and $38 include fees?

Did you have a discount coupon?

Thanks!

I guess, just like cruises...it depends on time of year and day of the week you are using. But, I know we paid total with fees was like $41...because it was an economy (all we needed for 2 of us) and it was like $34 a day. This was in late July on a Friday pick-up.

Titusville isn't anywhere on the way to Pt. Canaveral from the airport. It's kind of a way north of the port on I 95. I haven't heard of this transportation service, but my thinking is that they keep the prices low for cruisers. Cocoa Beach is more than 5 minutes from the port, probably closer to 20 minutes or so, thus a greater distance.

I am enclosing a site that has information regarding transportation to the port etc. Some of the transportation has websites, so you might be able to get more info. Enjoy your cruise.

katie

http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm

Archived