Booze Smugglin' - Not the usual question !!

Kernel Fudge

Hi all. I don't want to get into the usual 'what is the policy' type question.:p

Ok the scenario: you have decided to 'do it'. You have done it, and now you sit in your stateroom with a bottle(s) of illicit booze. So what now? i.e. once in the room, is it 'fair game'.?

Do you hide it away from prying eyes or is it ok to leave on the 'dresser'?

Or, in another way, just order ice and glasses from room service? Or await a 4a.m. wakeup from a SWAT team - all flashlights and lazer sights??:eek:

I, of course, would never consider this! But wondered, just wondered, what happens once 'aboard'?

Thx, Kernel

We, also, always carry on booze either in our carry on or in a store bag. We have never been questioned about it. We leave it out in the cabin.

BTW, my wife drinks gin & tonic and likes lemon in it. I go to the buffet and get several slices each afternoon. Usually, after a couple of days, the cabin steward leaves limes for us each day (on a plate covered with saran wrap).

Paul

We have never hidden anything from our cabin steward. Not booze anyways.

We also have forgotten to leave money , camera etc in the safe, and it is always there when we come back. Our cabin steward also has always refilled the ice bucket for us without us even asking.

Frankly , they don't care what the heck you are doing.

I'd only wait up until 4AM for 4 or 5 nights; if the SWAT team didn't come by then, you should be alright for a couple of nights of good sleep.:D

Seriously, you should be fine - just don't bring it with you to refill your glasses while up on deck and I'm sure nobody will either notice or say anything to you. Enjoy your cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

To the OP: I seriously doubt if you will encounter any problems. The last thing a cabin steward wants to do is alienate a passenger. He's not about to rat you out just because of a couple bottles of smuggled booze.

"IF" a person were to put the booze in checked luggage, would one put said bottle in luggage directly, or would one box up said bottle to shield it from the xray machines. Or, can the magical xray machines see through anything?

I assume the xray machines can see the bottle in the bag, and many liquor bottles are shaped nothing like a bottle of wine. What then?? Do they even ask?

I'd only wait up until 4AM for 4 or 5 nights; if the SWAT team didn't come by then, you should be alright for a couple of nights of good sleep.:D

I'm with ger_77 on this one, but my "friend" says he only drinks the said booze in the bathroom, with the door locked and a towel stuffed under the door.:D

"IF" a person were to put the booze in checked luggage, would one put said bottle in luggage directly, or would one box up said bottle to shield it from the xray machines. Or, can the magical xray machines see through anything?

I've wondered about this too. We don't drink hard liquor, so won't be trying to smuggle any on :) , but I've seen people say they wrap it in a sock and pack it in a shoe. What does the machine show? Does it show a bottle wrapped in a sock stuffed in a shoe? Or what?

I think that the only way that the xray machines wouldn't see it would be if you wrapped it in tin foil - but they'd still see the shape. So maybe you should wrap the whole suitcase in tin foil! While you are at it, you might want to wear a tin foil hat so that the aliens x-rays can't read your brain waves!;)

I've wondered about this too. We don't drink hard liquor, so won't be trying to smuggle any on :) , but I've seen people say they wrap it in a sock and pack it in a shoe. What does the machine show? Does it show a bottle wrapped in a sock stuffed in a shoe? Or what?

yeap, wrapping it and putting it in a shoe is only going to protect it a bit more form getting broken.

Please. I do that every day.

:D :D :D :D

You're going to laugh at me, but I recently checked to see if tin foil really does block "rays" - I wrapped my cell phone in it and then used my boyfriend's cell to call myself. It didn't ring. I unwrapped it and again called - and it rang!

- she who now sleeps in a cocoon of tinfoil

I'm sitting here laughing at all these replies...This July will be my "friends"

first cruise, and "she" has been wondering all the same things. I think I'll tell "her" to pack it in her checked luggage and and just keep her fingers crossed! Thanks for my first laugh of the day!

crissy:)

Thank you all so much for your thoughts ! :D

I now know that if I ever get asked, by person or persons, who I may or may not know, said original question, I will be able to offer your advice - anonomously of course !!! lol :D

Love the idea of the hat. In fact, if you made it hollow you could pour said ellicit booze inside and simply wear it as you board !! Problem solved ! Once on deck simply pierce with a straw and Voila !, a unique and useful cocktail receptacle which 'doubles' as a sunshine reflector for topping up the tan !!!!! :D :D

Thx again, Kernel

Love the idea of the hat. In fact, if you made it hollow you could pour said ellicit booze inside and simply wear it as you board !! Problem solved ! Once on deck simply pierce with a straw and Voila !, a unique and useful cocktail receptacle which 'doubles' as a sunshine reflector for topping up the tan !!!!! :D :D

That is way too funny!! :D I think it's a great idea as well Thanks for the laugh!!!! :D

Kernel,

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? The flouride in the water must be softening my brain at a rate higher than I had imagined...;)

I'm picturing a tinfoil hat shaped like a martini, with an antenna/stem coming out the top! Board ship, flip over hat, plop in an olive, and voila! Martini! Of course, then you are defenseless against the rays...but everyone knows that aliens can't get you at sea anyway (intergalactical waters).

Sarah

booze,booze, booze, what would we do with out it? Well here's my booze aboard experience. Never a problem. And i leave it all over the room and the stewards dont care, He gets me ice, he gets me a bottle opener, he even clean my bag that was carring a six pac, because 1 bottle broke on the way to the cabin. I brought 1 bottle of wine, 1 bottle of rum, 1 six pac of beer and a six pac of wine coolers. Any questions? enjoy :D

Sorry if I sound naive. I haven't cruised before and plan on going on the Liberty March 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you simply put your liquor bottle in the bag(s) you check in at the airport or the bag you check in at the pier?

Help, I'm confused...which is an easy trip most days!

Archived