AA check in at the pier Miami still there?

39august

We have used the very conveninet AA check in at the pier in Miami several times. With all the talk about the RCI valet luggage service, I wonder if AA is still doing this in Miami? PS, we paid for the valet service in FLL and our luggage didn't arrive at home till the next day. We won't be doing that again!

We used the rccl valet service in Miami in Dec. We flew AA. So when we got off the ship we picked up our luggage . We grabbed a porter and went with him to the AA area. The porter told them our flight number and they told him where to but it. Our luggage arrived in Phila with us. RCCL gave us our luggage tags the last nite out, and we put them on our bags the nite before and placed them in the hall way. So easy. We plan to use it again in FLL in Nov. Happy cruising.

Judi :)

So, how about the AA pier check-in service? I'm not talking about RCI's valet luggage service. American Airlines used to have pier-side check in for cruisers. Do they still offer this?

What LABCHICK posted is what it is now called. ;) RCCL Valet Service.

American airlines is one of the airlines that participates in this great service.

I will add a lot of details for you to see how it is now. ;)

We had this from Miami to home when we just got off the Navigator.

For $10 a person, you can sign up for it during your time on board. It was well worth it to us not to have to drag luggage around.

They have the forms at the pursers desk if you do not receive one in your room with your Cruise Compass. We did a Saturday to Saturday cruise and the form had to be returned to the pursers by Thursday.

On the form, you give them your name, how many are traveling with you, your flight numbers, times, how many pieces of luggage you will be checking.

On the last night of the cruise, your cabin attendant will deliver the airline packet to your room. There will be the colored tags that RCCL gives you, the boarding passes for everyone (clear on through to your final destination), and the airline luggage tags. You put the colored RCCL tags on the bags, the airline baggage tags on and place them in the hall as you would normally do. People who use this service get Lavender RCCL tags. (we were given priority white ones, but did not use them because of the luggage express service.)

We were called off the ship at 7:00 am. We went to the Delta Lavender carousel, that is the airline we flew and got our bags. We had a porter take them to the Delta area where all the express luggage is lined up. We had to accompany him until they were placed in the Delta area.

We went to the airport and our bags were on our plane when we landed in Rochester, NY.

We had a 4:10 pm flight, so we took this option because we were going to stay around Miami for the day. But, as luck would have it, it was raining pretty hard, so we just went to the airport and sat for the day.

Warning: Call the pursers desk and confirm you are getting the service on your last evening if you do not get your packet delivered to your room. Our next door cabin neighbors saw us in the airport and told us they were never told that they had been rejected from doing the luggage Express. They did not find out until they called the desk to ask where their packet was. No one would give them an explanation as to why

So, how about the AA pier check-in service? I'm not talking about RCI's valet luggage service. American Airlines used to have pier-side check in for cruisers. Do they still offer this?

They offered it on Navigator in June, it was great. I don't think we would have made our flight without it, the lines for AA at Miami Intl. were out the doors when we got there, but we had our boarding passes :D .

Thanks KruzeRCI and Tulsaflyer-You are the only ones who answered my question. We have been able to use AA's pier check in with a flight at 11:30 in the past. Hope we can squeeze by the time constraint on our Mar.3 NOS cruise.

Alexis -- thanks for the detailed info ... extremely helpful!

LOL

Old habit from my job. :rolleyes:

I was trained to explain everything in great detail so my workers would understood exactly what I was telling them to do. :D

It is a hard habit to break. :o

I also think we are all talking about the same service. :D

Archived