Pre Cruise Hotel in San Diego

PJBUCHEIT

I was wondering if any of you could help me out with locating the area in San Diego that I need to book my hotel for our pre cruise stay. I have never been to the port in San Diego and it has been years since I was even in San Diego, so I don't really know where any thing is. I figured I would need to book a room sooner rather then later since we leave on our cruise Thanksgiving Day. I don't want to wait until later and not be able to get a room for that Wednesday before. Thanks for any info.

Those are good prices for a top rated hotel right downtown. They must be slow times at the convention center which is right next door to the Hyatt. For anyone thinking of this as a precruise, it is less than a 5minute cab ride to the cruise terminal and if you got a room up high and facing north west, you would be able to watch your ship pull in to the terminal. It is also right across the street from a stop on the San Diego trolley and right on the edge of the Gaslamp district (lots of good restaurants):)

We just returned from our Mexican Riveria cruise on the Mercury out of San Diego. We booked two nights pre cruise at the Holiday Inn on the BAY ( different from the HOLIDAY INN BAYSIDE). It is a great place to stay and five minutes from cruise terminal. All the discount web sites were advertising 135-165 nightly rates, but we booked with priceline and got the room fro $85.00. Nice room, large with balconies and great views of the bay and the ship. You can call the Hotel from the airport and they send a shuttle to pick you up. They take care of luggage from airport to your room. They also have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere you want to go. We asked if their was a drug store near by.........they said hop on the shuttle and we will take you to Rite Aid. When it was time for dinner, we asked about taxi to the Fish Market, they took us to the Fish Market, and came back and got us when we called. You tell them at the desk when you want to leave to get on the ship and they send someone up to your room to get your luggage, put in on the shuttle van and deliver you to the port. This Hotel is close to EVERYTHING with several shops, and great places to eat near by. Also, trolley stop is right across the street. Try it, you will like it.

HOLIDAY INN ON THE BAY!

Beth in Georgia

We just returned from our Mexican Riveria cruise on the Mercury out of San Diego. We booked two nights pre cruise at the Holiday Inn on the BAY ( different from the HOLIDAY INN BAYSIDE). It is a great place to stay and five minutes from cruise terminal. All the discount web sites were advertising 135-165 nightly rates, but we booked with priceline and got the room fro $85.00. Nice room, large with balconies and great views of the bay and the ship. You can call the Hotel from the airport and they send a shuttle to pick you up. They take care of luggage from airport to your room. They also have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere you want to go. We asked if their was a drug store near by.........they said hop on the shuttle and we will take you to Rite Aid. When it was time for dinner, we asked about taxi to the Fish Market, they took us to the Fish Market, and came back and got us when we called. You tell them at the desk when you want to leave to get on the ship and they send someone up to your room to get your luggage, put in on the shuttle van and deliver you to the port. This Hotel is close to EVERYTHING with several shops, and great places to eat near by. Also, trolley stop is right across the street. Try it, you will like it.

HOLIDAY INN ON THE BAY!

Beth in Georgia

Thank you for the info on the hotel. Is there cruise terminal parking like in Long Beach? If not where do you park your car. We will be driving to San Diego. Thanks for any info.

Thank you for the info on the hotel. Is there cruise terminal parking like in Long Beach? If not where do you park your car. We will be driving to San Diego. Thanks for any info.

Yes, there is cruise parking in San Diego. It is directly across the street from the pier.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn which is about a block behind and down from the Holiday Inn. Very reasonable, super clean and a nice complimentary breakfast. Only problem is there is "nothing to do" in the hotel. They do have a pool, but that's about it. But it is easy walking distance to the shops, restaurants, etc. We actually ate lunch and dinner at the Holiday Inn (Castle and Elephant) and could walk right up to Rite Aid, which, BTW, sells booze!! ;) Did the Holiday Inn serve a complimentary breakfast?

WE LIVE IN SD...THE HYATT IS A GREAT HOTEL...YOU WILL HAVE FUN AND A GREAT CRUISE!!!!

I could not decide which hotel to book - until I saw your post. I just reserved the Manchester Hyatt for $139 for our pre-cruise stay. What a steal for a 4-star hotel. Thank you very much for posting the link to Travelzoo.

HOLIDAY INN ON THE BAY!

Beth in Georgia

Thanks for this info, which star is it on Priceline and which area??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived