Concierge Class - good value?

world~citizen

I am delighted to say that we are booked on the Century after a dry spell which included 2 HALs and a Princess cruise.

Glad to be back.:)

My question is simply this for those of you who have experienced CC on the Century (or any other Celebrity ship): Did you find your cabin, services etc. justified the concierge class premium fare?

Also, did you get invited to any additional cocktail parties or the like.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks in advance to all.

My question is simply this for those of you who have experienced CC on the Century (or any other Celebrity ship): Did you find your cabin, services etc. justified the concierge class premium fare?

On the M-Class ships, the CC cabins are a bit larger (21 sq. feet), but I don't believe that is the case on Century. As to whether or not the additional cost is justified, that really comes down to HOW MUCH of a price difference is there and how much do YOU value the little perks that come with being at the CC level...

I am delighted to say that we are booked on the Century after a dry spell which included 2 HALs and a Princess cruise.

Glad to be back.:)

Also, did you get invited to any additional cocktail parties or the like.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks in advance to all.

I was in a CC class cabin on Century in November. Honestly, there was not any noticeable difference from the 2A another member of our family had except for the fresh (?) flowers.

The room felt compact at 171 sq ft and I think the rounded edge on the beds had something to do with it. We did not get a pillow menu or any of the other advertised perks. There might have been robes in the cabin but we had A/C problems and never looked for them as we could not cool our cabin down enough to need them.:(

The concierge was often not there during the posted hours so that service was not anything to write home about.

Luckily, I booked CC class at the last minute as an upgrade from a 2A cabin so we did not pay a differential, though it was still pricey for a short cruise overall.

I would not pay more for this on Century and have never booked CC class on any other X ship so have no comparisons.

Make sure to book Murano for dinner one evening. It was a real highlight of the cruise, along with Aqua Spa Cafe.

You get better bedding. You get much better towels which you can buy.You get a better breakfast menu. You get flowers,fruit and champagne. You also get a better check in line. And you get priority boarding on tender boats if you wish. You also get stationery and a nice pen. I personally like CC class.

You get better bedding. You get much better towels which you can buy.You get a better breakfast menu. You get flowers,fruit and champagne. You also get a better check in line. And you get priority boarding on tender boats if you wish. You also get stationery and a nice pen. I personally like CC class.

My humble opinion:

1. The bedding is better

2. The towels are a different c0lour each day. However, I can't say they are any better.

3.You can write anything you want for Breakfast on any regular menu and it will be delivered

4.Flowers, are nice but not spectacular. Fruit a good idea, make sure that it is replenished. Champagne, not the greatest

5.Priority tenders,embarkation and disembarkation... Capatain Club Members get it, suites get it. Is there really a priority? I'm not sure.

6.Stationary and cards are a nice touch but who am I writing to with my address from the cruise

BUT for a CC with a larger balcony I'd pay the extra in a minute.

We just finished a B2B2B

CC, OV Inside.

The balcony was nice, the decor was more lush, the flowers... well ok.. the 6 daily dried out crackers with caviar, something and something..;) required more than the bubbly to wash down.

Oh yeh they tell you you cruise twice as much as the person who does only a balcony!.. two cruise credits as opposed to the single credit for the other.

You must really decide how much time you will spend in your plush surroundings.

The towels, being newer and more plush, did not absorb moisture as well as the ordinary ones.

The balcony is not large enough to substitute as a day long hang out for the pool area.

I'd rather spend it on a few more bottles of wine or nightly visits to Muranos. But if you have enough money to do it all, it has its snobbish appeal with a gold key rather than a mundane white one.:cool:

Everyone has a price that they feel would be reasonable or too high. The little perks are fun! We are sailing on the Summit, 14 day Panama canal on the 16th of this month. When i first booked i requested a balcony, then for the heck i asked if they had an aft CC available. Yes, for $150 more per person. For the aft balcony and the CC for us the price was worth it. On our last cruise, our friends sailed with us. The cost of their cruise was WAAAAY higher then ours with their CC aft.(like $550 per person for a 7 day) For them priceless, for us-no way, that time

I smile from the day i board-constantly- so the little perks for me are a thrill. I love the flowers, the color of the towels, the fruit etc... I am very easily amused and always hope i continue to be so

Enjoy your next cruise and if you sail CC let us know how you liked it

Nadine

The only time I booked CC, was when I managed to get a hold of those AMAZING aft cabins. We booked the cabin, even though it was about $250/pp more. Having said that, if it wasn't for the huge balcony, we (me and DH) both agreed that it wasn't worth the money. Again, this is a personal thing, but besides the towels we didn't think that the little perks justified the cost. I would definitely book again if I could get an aft cabin. Having said that, on the March 4th sailing of the Millennium I managed to book an aft FV cabin, and once again we paid the premium for the larger balcony even though it is not a CC.... I believe that we will always pay the premium for one of those aft cabins.... Hope this helps.

The only time I booked CC, was when I managed to get a hold of those AMAZING aft cabins. We booked the cabin, even though it was about $250/pp more. Having said that, if it wasn't for the huge balcony, we (me and DH) both agreed that it wasn't worth the money. Again, this is a personal thing, but besides the towels we didn't think that the little perks justified the cost. I would definitely book again if I could get an aft cabin. Having said that, on the March 4th sailing of the Millennium I managed to book an aft FV cabin, and once again we paid the premium for the larger balcony even though it is not a CC.... I believe that we will always pay the premium for one of those aft cabins.... Hope this helps.

We were recently on the Infinity. We were fortunate to have an aft cabin and thus CC. While the amenities were nice, they weren't great (to pay extra for) and we didn't have priority tendering (on our cruise it was chaos).On future cruises, we'd only book CC if we were able to book an aft cabin.

The bedding was the same as the inside, outside and balcony cabins on Century, as it was all updated. My group had 5 cabins in these categories and there is no difference.

The bedding was the same as the inside, outside and balcony cabins on Century, as it was all updated. My group had 5 cabins in these categories and there is no difference.

We did have colored towels, no special check in and no stationary.

We did have colored towels, no special check in and no stationary.

The bedding might be updated but the CC class has curved bedding to allow walking around obstructions. The beds in OV and insides are square. I'll dig up my pictures to show the decor differences.

The bedding might be updated but the CC class has curved bedding to allow walking around obstructions. The beds in OV and insides are square. I'll dig up my pictures to show the decor differences.

C 2 C, I do remember that; I interpreted "upgraded" to mean better quality, or more plush, which I did not find to be the case. Thanks for clarifying:).

I found the rounded corners to make the small room feel even smaller actually and would have preferred a normal bed.

I wish they would have used the same vendor for the new bedding as RCI...those are very nice!

Unfortunatley you also get to pay for it.Its not a good value.I liked some of the amenities but i don't see the need to pay extra for them.

When we say 'aft' cabins are we talking about the ones rihht at the back with the fhuge amily balconies, or just those on the side towards the back?

When we say 'aft' cabins are we talking about the ones rihht at the back with the fhuge amily balconies, or just those on the side towards the back?

We are talking about the cabins facing the back for the ship. There are about 6 cabins in each floor (maybe 8, not 100% sure about the number of the cabins). They have AMAZING balconies. Hope this helps.

We are talking about the cabins facing the back for the ship. There are about 6 cabins in each floor (maybe 8, not 100% sure about the number of the cabins). They have AMAZING balconies. Hope this helps.

Thanks, it does and disappoints that not all aft cabins get them!

David

You are welcome.

Please report back after your Canal Cruise about cruising on The Infinity. Since we are headed to Hawaii a month later we are hungry for recent first hand knowledge.

Have a GREAT Cruise!!!!

There are also a few cabins around the corner from the Aft cabins (6135, 6136, etc) that have huge balconies.

The CC cabins are 20 sq feet larger, but the balconies are the same size in most cases to the balcony cabins. The extra $300 pp (~10% over balcony) that is usually costs over a balcony is worth it for a 14 day cruise - the extra space and amenities including priority debarking!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived