Concierge Class - good value?

world~citizen

No one can decide the value of something for someone else. For us, no CC isn't worth the extra unless it is only about $100 a person or so. The nightly canapes are just so so, the wine is good and there are a few other perks. We tried it twice and never even had reason to use our missing conceirge (spelling) some love the flowers, we thought they took up too much room. NMNita

Does anyone know if the CC class cabins on Century have irons and ironing boards in them? If not, can you ask your room steward to bring them to your room to use? Or is your only choice to pay to have your clothes pressed?

Does anyone know if the CC class cabins on Century have irons and ironing boards in them? If not, can you ask your room steward to bring them to your room to use? Or is your only choice to pay to have your clothes pressed?

No irons or boards. You must send out for pressing.

I pack a small steamer for touch ups.

I have a small hand steamer, dual voltage, that I bought several years ago in WalMart in their travel section. It was under $25 and has been great on cruises and trips out of the country as well. It is not nearby so cannot check brand.

I like the design of this one:

http://www.worldtraveler.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=496

I have a small hand steamer, dual voltage, that I bought several years ago in WalMart in their travel section. It was under $25 and has been great on cruises and trips out of the country as well. It is not nearby so cannot check brand.

I like the design of this one:

http://www.worldtraveler.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=496

Thanks, this gives me a good idea of what I need!

Luv the CC and will sail CC on the SUMMIT to Alaska, 6/15/07:D - you can request the type of evening canapes you desire, as well, request the kind of fruit you prefer to be stocked in your cabin. I am a fan of fresh flowers, therefore, appreciate the flowers, as well, would love to purchase that adorable vase. The stationary is a hoot and have used it to slip notes to other cabins. The linens are upgraded from other categories and there are nicer bath amenities. IMHO, nothing beats the Concierge Club Lounge on Royal Caribbean, but the Concierge on X is helpful and will return calls promptly when required. What I like the most about CC on X is the linen tablecloth on the balcony table with room service, sitting there in the plush bathrobe for dining. ah, tis heaven to me (even in Alaska even if the weather is bad!).

I think the CC value depends on the personnel. Our CC "Zenith Suite" was well worth the price, due in no small part to our butler, John Fernandez (from India!). Every day at 4:00 we had tea/coffee and cookies, followed by canapes. Priority boarding, tendering, very personal attention, and yes, when we ordered food "in", he would call to tell us he was on the way with the order. Our attendant, Natasha Dominique, was charming, responded instantly to every request (like a shower stool), and turndowns with the chocolate seemed magic. No matter what our schedule, the room refresment happened when were were gone.

The room size was significant, at least to some of our cruise mates down on Deck 6, who were amazed at the difference in layout and window size. We were treated "Royally", as promised. :D

Luv the CC and will sail CC on the SUMMIT to Alaska' date=' 6/15/07:D - you can request the type of evening canapes you desire, as well, request the kind of fruit you prefer to be stocked in your cabin. I am a fan of fresh flowers, therefore, appreciate the flowers, as well, would love to purchase that adorable vase. The stationary is a hoot and have used it to slip notes to other cabins. The linens are upgraded from other categories and there are nicer bath amenities. IMHO, nothing beats the [b']Concierge Club Lounge[/b] on Royal Caribbean, but the Concierge on X is helpful and will return calls promptly when required. What I like the most about CC on X is the linen tablecloth on the balcony table with room service, sitting there in the plush bathrobe for dining. ah, tis heaven to me (even in Alaska even if the weather is bad!).

What type of canapes are usually served? And what are the choices? I think it would be fun to try different ones during our cruise. When we sail in June it will be our first CC cabin, and I am looking forward to each and every amenity! I have been keeping a list of what is available, but I would hate to miss out on something.

Is there a list of what is available? I have the printout from Celebrity's website, but I am sure there must be "unwritten" amenities as well. I am definitely looking forward to the flowers and the balcony!

canapes are small offerings of tasty pre-dinner treats. typically there is a tiny/hard piece of bread or cracker on top of which might sit a speck of caviar or cream cheese and/or shrimp. artfully presented, one not preferring the shrimp or other can request cheese and crackers or celery/carrot sticks and dip. I've seen a slice of egg with and w/o caviar also on the plate. that's about all you'll get. they are delivered to your cabin nightly around 5P and presented w/flair. in CC, there is a fruit bowl which gets refreshed as needed. If you would like one banana or one orange or whatever, you just need to make your request known.

Is there an actual real live concierge for this category (and up, I would assume)? Someone who can help with shore arrangements and the like? Not a ship employee who's trying to sell me something? The former would be fantastic! Thanx!

We have cruised in both- and like many others have said, it depends on several things that would factor into my decision to book a CC class cabin.

1) Cost- if it isn't that much more $$ than why not?

2) Cabin location- we had an AFT CC cabin for our Alaska cruise on the Summit and it was wonderful! As another fellow cruise critic noted, in some ships, there is not a difference in size betwen the CC class and the normal balcony rooms. Do your homework on which cabins are the best for each category and base it on that, not necessarily if they are CC or not.

3) Value of priority embarkation/tendering- How many of the ports will you be docked vs tendered? On our upcoming southern caribbean cruise we will hit 9 ports and NONE of them will require us to tender, so NO real value in paying for CC! As for the priority embarkation? We have never really experienced any extensive lines or waits while embarking on a Celebrity cruise (unless perhaps you get there by bus load all at one time) and the only difference is that they have a "special line" just for CC or suite passengers. On deembarkation you just have a special lounge to sit in apart from the other passengers with various juices and snacks.

4) Daily appetizers- For us this was no biggie, as half the time if we were in port by the time we got back to the ship they had been sitting there for a while and were not typically very good unless you requested something special such as shrimp cocktail...

5)Overal stateroom service- In our experience I don't think it depends so much on your stateroom category but more so on the invidual cabin stewart that you are assigned (and this is not under your control). Our cabin stewart was very good in our CC class (always chatting with us about our day, opening our door for us, etc) but we have also had good cabin stuarts in regular balcony staterooms as well!

Sorry if this isn't much help but I tried to break it down, and in my opinion you would have to weigh out all of the above before making a black and white decision!:confused:

If you're lucky enough to book 6135 or 6136, the cost difference is 100% worth it. The large balcony makes it well worth the extra $$. We cruised LA to FLL through the Panama Canal in 6135 and it was fantastic.

In my signature there's a link to my Webshots. If you click on our Summit cruise, there are a ton of pictures of the cabin and balcony for this cabin.

I really won't know till I get back if it's worth it, but I was able to score an oversized balcony 9043. However someone had posted awhile back a CC breakfast menu, is this the same menu that everyone else has? I was under the impression that the menu was extended. My husband and are are both busy professionals and are really looking forward to nice quiet breakfasts on the balcony each morning. Thanks for your help!! Carole

If you would like to enjoy breakfast in the privacy of your stateroom tomorrow, please complete this order form by indicating the number of orders for each item. Please clip or hand it on the outside of your stateroom door before retiring for the evening.

Concierge Class Signature Dishes

___Granola Berry Parfait

___French Toast Finger with Marmalade Butter

___Baked Bananas

___Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Asparagus Spears

___Sunrise Fritata

___Russian Sevruga Caviar (30 gr. Jar) with

Traditional Trimmings - $44.50

Concierge Class Smoothies

___Mixed Fruit Smoothie

___Strawberry Smoothie

___Blueberry-Watermelon Smoothie

___Omega 3 Smoothie (prepared with Soy Milk)

Concierge Class Teasers

___Classic Champagne Cocktail - $5.50

___Mimosa - $5.50 ___Kir Royale - $5.50

___Bloody Mary - $3.45 ___Virgin Bloody Mary - $2.50

___Michel Roux Champagne, Half Bottle - $25.00

___Laurent Perrier Rose Brut, 750 ml. - $95.00

___Moët et Chandon Nectar Imperial, 750 ml - $72.00

Freshly Squeezed Juices

___Orange ___Grapefruit

___Pineapple ___carrot

Chilled Beverages

___Tomatoe ___Cranberry ___Apple

___Fresh Milk ___V-8 ___Prune

___Skim Milk

Fresh Fruits

___Honeydew ___Cantaloupe ___Banana

___Kiwi ___Pineapple ___Grapefruit

___Orange ___Mixed Fruits

Yogurts

___Plain ___Strawberry

___Blueberry ___Mixed Fruits

Cold Cereals

___Corn Flakes ___Raisin Bran ___Special K

___Oat Bran ___Total ___All Bran

Hot Cereals

___Oat Meal ___Grits

Eggs To Order

___Scrambled ___Fried ___Poached

___Boiled: __Minutes

Special Instructions: ________________________

Omelets

___Plain ___Cheese ___Mushrooms

___Ham ___Fine Herbs ___Smoked Salmon

___Western ___Onion

Omelets can also be prepared with

___Egg beaters or ___Egg Whites (please check)

From The Griddle

___Bacon ___Link Sausage ___Ham

___Low-Fat Chicken Sausage ___Canadian Bacon

___Corned Beef hash ___Hash Brown Potatoes

Pancakes

___Plain ___Buckwheat

___Banana ___Blueberry

Served with maple Syrup

Pastries & Muffins

___Assorted Danish ___Croissant

___Blueberry Muffin ___Bran Muffin

From The Bakery – Assorted Bread & Rolls

___French Bread ___Plain Bagel

___Multi-Grain Bread ___Onion Bagel

___English Muffin ___egg Bagel

___Soft Rolls

Toast

___Whole Wheat Toast ___White Toast

___Rye Toast

Preserves & Spreads

___Strawberry ___Marmalade ___Lt Cream Cheese

___Blueberry ___Honey ___Salmon Spread

___Blackberry ___Butter

___Raspberry ___Margarine

COLD CUTS

___Salam ___Danish ham ___Black Forest Ham

___Smoked Salmon

Hot Beverages

___Coffee ___Decaffeinated Coffee

___Black Tea ___Earl Grey Tea

___Darjeeling Tea ___English Breakfast Tea

___Herbal Infusion (__Mint __Chamomile)

___Hot Chocolate ___Hot Milk

___Green Tea

Service Hours 6:00 Am To 11:00 Am

Service Time Requested _________

Guest Name _______________________________

Stateroom Number____________

LOL - I said the same thing! like, How are we going to do all this room service and still leave our cabin in time to roll around the ports:D? It's quite an extensive menu! On the JEWEL, there was an adequate menu for breakfast - I always wrote on the side what I wanted (but not offered) - always was delivered according to my notes. So much food...so little time!

Thanks for the menu!! I'm curious about how exotic a request a CC passagener can make for something that is not on the menu. What have you requested from a CC room and gotten? (And is there anything you've requested and not been able to receive--or had to pay extra for?)

Archived