Disney cruise horn

jubilee

We were in Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale aboard HAL's Zuiderdam immediately following Hurricane Jeanne and saw both the Wonder and the Magic in port as Port Canaveral was still closed. One was tied up along the pier and the other was just entering the port from the channel when dueling "Wish upon a Star" started. The one inbound played it, followed by the one at the pier replying with its own horn. Then it was repeated, and repeated once more. It was to say the least quite a sight (err...sound). I have a picture of them on my other computer to capture the moment as it does not occur very often.

Ualtim, please post the pic...

Cindy

• 2 months later...
The fun part is I have the horn go off every time I get an email from Cruise Critic!
PLease send the wav so that i can download it to my computer..can you explain how I do that...i am a Disney freak and love the Disney Cruise...we have been 3 times

We were in Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale aboard HAL's Zuiderdam immediately following Hurricane Jeanne and saw both the Wonder and the Magic in port as Port Canaveral was still closed. One was tied up along the pier and the other was just entering the port from the channel when dueling "Wish upon a Star" started. The one inbound played it, followed by the one at the pier replying with its own horn. Then it was repeated, and repeated once more. It was to say the least quite a sight (err...sound). I have a picture of them on my other computer to capture the moment as it does not occur very oft en.
We were on the Magic and I would love to see that pic please share it with me....

The fun part is I have the horn go off every time I get an email from Cruise Critic!

MrPete

How do you do it ?

I am not computer literate !LOL

I would love to know how to get it to go off with certain emails..

thanks

Lisa

We were in Port Everglades in Ft Lauderdale aboard HAL's Zuiderdam immediately following Hurricane Jeanne and saw both the Wonder and the Magic in port as Port Canaveral was still closed. One was tied up along the pier and the other was just entering the port from the channel when dueling "Wish upon a Star" started. The one inbound played it, followed by the one at the pier replying with its own horn. Then it was repeated, and repeated once more. It was to say the least quite a sight (err...sound). I have a picture of them on my other computer to capture the moment as it does not occur very often.
I was on the Magic and would love a copyof that pic...please..it was a 7 day cruise that turned out to be 10 days and 10 wonderful days at that

PLEASE....thanks:)

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter asked at guest services if they could arrange for me to sound the horn on my birthday. It took a few days, but they got back to us and I was able to push the button on Aug. 23! The Captain called it Mickey's Whistle and later gave me a signed certificate. It was awesome!

Karen

• 2 weeks later...
I sure would like to know how to add this wave file to my computer email notification. Anyone???

Assuming that you have Windows XP:

Open the Control Panel, open Sounds and Audio Devices.

Click the Sounds Tab.

The bottom box shows all of your event sounds. Scroll down to find the mail sound that you want either Windows or AOL usually. When it's highlighted, click the right arrow button below it to make sure that it's the sound that you want. If it is, then browse to your new ship's whistle sound and select it to add it.

Other versions of Windows will be similar. Macs? I have no idea.

Warning: as fun as the whistle sound is, it's gets old after the first 200 plays. I know that from experience.

Click the Sounds Tab.

The bottom box shows all of your event sounds. Scroll down to find the mail sound that you want either Windows or AOL usually. When it's highlighted, click the right arrow button below it to make sure that it's the sound that you want. If it is, then browse to your new ship's whistle sound and select it to add it.

Warning: as fun as the whistle sound is, it's gets old after the first 200 plays. I know that from experience.

I'm just about at that point now, so I know what you mean. :D

Bill

Reference QM2's horn - no, it is not a tune, but is very melodious, and they say it can be heard over 10 miles (read loud!).

Michael

When QM2 came out on her maiden from Southampton I was living 50ft from the Solent just outside Cowes on the Isle of Wight. She let rip with her horn as she pulled away from the quayside. I kid you not, the ground I stood on vibrated and I heard her. Just as I used to hear QM when she left Southampton when I was a child.

Its incredibly loud. The horn on QM was always the loudest and it still is now that its on the QM2. Personally I dread to think what it sounds/feels like when aboard the ship when she lets rip with it. I was over 10 miles from her and it literally vibrated everything!!

:)

Click the Sounds Tab.

Other versions of Windows will be similar. Macs? I have no idea.

Thank you so much for this. It will be a great feature to have until we cruise later this week!

I appreciate it Host Mick!

C

• 7 months later...

I would love to know if anyone would mind sending me the .wav file. I am not sure if any of these users post here anymore since this was a while ago.

I have cruised Disney three times, and am sailing the Mariner of the Seas tomorrow. I look foward to hearing that horn, as we are docked right next to each other. My email address is cubs03@hotmail.com. Thanks again!

Archived