Stupid Question

Sleeepy

I recently received my first passport. Leaving for PR tomorrow (woohooo!) to set sail on Saturday on Serenade (first cruise :) I would assume (but you know what they say about that) that I could just bring my passport, but, here's the question: should I bring my birth certificate and marriage license anyway, just in case?

:confused:

I recently received my first passport. Leaving for PR tomorrow (woohooo!) to set sail on Saturday on Serenade (first cruise :) I would assume (but you know what they say about that) that I could just bring my passport, but, here's the question: should I bring my birth certificate and marriage license anyway, just in case?

:confused:

No. That is all you need. I do bring my drivers license in case they ask me for a photo ID in some ports to get back on the pier. Nassau is just one of those ports that spot checks.

I do not take my passport off of the ship, so the license and the Sea Pass works.

PS, That is not a stupid question. ;)

Booked Adventure of the Seas for August and the RCCL guys said PR is considered USA so you can either do just the birth certificate or if you choose, the pass port..If your my age your birth certificate may be border line dry rotting... :eek: hehe...Passports are much easier and cover all bases, just in case....:D

You won't need your birth certificate as long as your have your passport. We brought our passport and had our drivers license last week on our Eastern Caribbean cruise and we just needed a photo id, didn't matter which one we used.

Congratulations the world of travel is now open to you! :) I always have my drivers license with me, but the birth certificate can now go back into your baby book with your other childhood memorabilia. Again, congratulations. Have a great trip.

jc

Congratulations on getting your first passport. It really is the best form of identification to have and, while you don't need a passport to travel to Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, we have found that it is much easier to just carry a passport whenever we travel anywhere by air or sea, and even when we are just flying domestically. Take your driver's license with you in case you want to rent a car, but you can leave marriage and birth certificates at home.:)

carrying a copy of your pass port and leaving a copy on the ship has always been a good policy in the past-however-now you need a valid passport to enter the US if you are flying from another country-even canada or mexico-if something happens in port that would require you to fly home with out returning to the ship-I.E you missed the ship or had an accident of sometype-you would need your pass port to get back into the US-we leave copies at home-but always carry our passports, DL, military ID's and a credit card when leaving the ship-its a matter of personal preference of course but its what we are comfortable doing.

Archived