Carnival Legend or RCCL Freedom to Western Carib?

#1PATSFAN

I was on the Miracle (ship doing Legend's route now) and I really liked the layout of that class of ship. It has a lot of ammenities, but isn't so big that you don't get to know anyone. Also I thought cruising out of Tampa was much better than going out of Miami.

I would love to try Freedom, but not at the price they want for her ....

I think that it all depends on the person and what they're looking for in an overall cruise experience. I have cruised on the Legend and IMHO this is the best class ship that Carnival currently has in their fleet but with that said there are currently no ships that can match the Voyager and Freedom class of RCI. There is so much to do. I would suggest that you look at both ships and see what they offer and ask yourself which ship gives you what you're looking for.:)

Depends on how much more $$ we are talking. Could we take another vacation for the extra amount??

a cruise can be anything you want it to be. Each line has their own amenities. I have sailed Carnival more times then Royal. Both are comparable but I prefer carnival for night time choices for what to do.

Here's another vote for the Legend. I love that class of Carnival ship and it's a great itinerary.

I have sailed on the RCI Freedom and it is amazing, but too darned big. Royal Caribbean is an excellent product and if you were considering a Voyager-class ship for just a little more than the Legend, I'd likely change my vote.

• 7 years later...
Trying to decide on the Carnival Breeze or RC Independence for New Years. Never been on either ship. Independence is at least $1000 more. Is it worth it?

Wondering if you are really comparing apple-to-apples with the cabin category/location and the itinerary?

LuLu

I Adore the Legend for a few reasons:

1) The hidden 'falcony' cabins that have an interior price but when you book the right one you get an ocean view and fresh air via french doors.

2) The serenity aft pool area.

3) Not been on it yet but it has the fastest slide at sea (Green thunder)...although maybe Disney has one now as well.

4)Easy to navigate as all floors are throughout the ship.

5)Good passenger to space ratio.

My vote, Freedom. Great shows and lots to do. Just "my" thoughts on the Legend..

The décor on the ship is ugly. After 3 days, and the same shows, we were bored. :)

Edited by janetz

Where the heck did you find this post? The post was Carnival OR RCCL and it was posted in 2007!!!! The cruise was for 2008!! By the way, now it's 2014 and your question is for different ships. You should post it as new.