Advantages of using a TA?

gooselover

I read that alot of you use a TA. What are the advantages of this in comparison to using RCL's website?

Thanks for your views and/or experience.

I have done both.

A good TA will catch price drops for you.

A good TA will give little gifts and/or bonuses for booking.

A good TA will make up for the fact that you can no longer see everything about your reservation online or do anything with it directly with RC by always being available and helpful.

If a TA won't do these things for you, don't use him/her.

gets you group rates for all cruises, AFT cabins when sailings are first announced, very nice gift (like FREE dinner for 2 at Chops) as well as Xmas gifts & birthday gifts after you are good friends over 10 years.

But the #1 reason to use one - NO reason to call RCCL for anything. Just ask her/him (the TA) a question & if they don't have the answer they get it not you. You do not have to call asking a question 10 times & getting 10 different answers which drives me nuts.

Our TA's have never done any of the above. We need the name of a good one and one that does offer group rates. You can see by a previous posting I made today that we are now able to travel on Nov. 11th only to find that all balconies have already sold out. Oceanviews are up to $1899. We are desperately trying to find an agency that blocked rooms at a group rate so that we can get on their cancellation list. If you have a good travel agent, would you please email cincosea5@yahoo.com or post to this thread. Thanks for your help.

Our TA's have never done any of the above. We need the name of a good one and one that does offer group rates. You can see by a previous posting I made today that we are now able to travel on Nov. 11th only to find that all balconies have already sold out. Oceanviews are up to $1899. We are desperately trying to find an agency that blocked rooms at a group rate so that we can get on their cancellation list. If you have a good travel agent, would you please email cincosea5@yahoo.com or post to this thread. Thanks for your help.

Not allowed - against board rules.

A bad TA will charge you more than what you can get directly from the cruiseline!

A bad TA will leave you up to your own devices to transport yourself from Terminal to hotel.

If a TA does this to you...Do not use them!!

Beg to differ, a GOOD TA will tell ya it's cheaper in some cases, and less hastle to get your own tranfers!

A bad TA will charge you more than what you can get directly from the cruiseline!

A bad TA will leave you up to your own devices to transport yourself from Terminal to hotel.

If a TA does this to you...Do not use them!!

Beg to differ, a GOOD TA will tell ya it's cheaper in some cases, and less hastle to get your own tranfers!

I noticed a price drop of 180.00 on our Freedom cruise next month. Call our local TA. She called RCL, they told her there was a new special for Illinois Residents (something I would never have known about).

She was able to get us an $1100.00 credit!!! She didn't have to tell us. She could have just kept it quiet because she stands to loose more of her commission. Great TA, great TA!!!

Archived