What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

I agree put a grill on the main pool deck instead of the overcooked burgers under the heat light in the solarinum or WJ. It would keep the noise level down in the solarium.

Also put in a mexican grill for some hot-off the grill - made to order mexican fajitas in addition to the burgers. (especially on the ships sailing out of Galveston)

Raise the jogging track up one deck and make the raised platform just wide enough for joggers with rails on both sides and no deck chairs on this level. Put a lazy river in the place where the jogging track is now. Let it meander in and out of the shade the jogging track above would now provide. Have it meander around several groupings of deck chairs so many more deck chairs would now be next to either the pool or the lazy river. For those who want an adult slide, have one section that branchs off to a slide that ends in the main pool.

The lazy river could be enjoyed by a hundred or so PAX at the same time compared to the single PAX at a time flow rider. The cost would most likely not be as much as the flow rider. Come on, out of the 3800 PAX on the Freedom OTS, how many will have done the Flow rider by the end of the 7 day cruise??? Not near as many as would have enjoyed a nice lazy river>>>>>

On the Splendour and the Legend, rip out the carpet over bumps they call the golf course behid the solarium and put a kids pool back there that the lazy river will flow through and let the kids have a glass covered area with a hot tub just for kids (and adults with kids) This would be a nice compromise so they don't invade the quite of the solarium during prime pool hours (noon til 2PM and 4PM to 6PM) on days where the weather cold or rainy (most days leaving and returning to Galveston during the winter months where RCCL opens up the normally quite solarium. >> the glass celings and sides really makes the noise problem a lot worst even if there are only a dozen or so kids.)

Wow! I want to go on THAT ship :eek: - and to think I've been looking forward to the Liberty.....now I'm bummed out!

If you tell me your ship has anytime dining I'm canceling Liberty.;)

I enjoyed all the trial size items we received in our bathroom last summer on Carnival - I think RCCL should do this too! Everything from dental floss/mouthwash, creme, shampoo, vitamin powders for flavored water etc.

Those baskets rock! I got so many cool freebies, and brands of things I'd never try! Lots of fun; I take all of them home and throw them in my travel bag toiletries kit!

Originally Posted by riteonglor viewpost.gif

#1 Self service laundry is a must for 7 day or longer cruise

#2 Anytime dining, loved it on Princess

Those are the two things that might make me consider cruising elsewhere:rolleyes:

NCL has BOTH on their newer ships;) . When will we see you?:D (Just kidding)

Movies Under the Stars might be a nice addition as long as it remains "Under the Stars" and doesn't degenerate into Movies Under the Sun or Stars and take over the pool area from 8am until late evening as is the case on those Princess ships which offer it. As with so many good ideas, the devil is in the details.

Princess actually has all the MUTS details down perfect. I loved MUTS on the Crown Princess, especially being able to watch football (and movies) during the day while lounging by the pool. If for some reason someone didn't like MUTS during the day, the Crown had three other pools to go to (one with a band, one adults-only and one with swim-against-the-current).

I'd like free laundry service like HAL does for suites. I'd like it for Diamond/Plus and suite occupants. I don't want to do laundry and having the option of having it sent out daily for free was wonderful. I don't mind if someone washes my personal things.

I'd also a good seafood dinner. I am highly allergic to shrimp, but would love to have good crab and lobster with scallops.

I'd like to have RCI bring back the buying of a bottle of alcohol to take to the cabin and/or allowing wine to be brought on when boarding. I'd even sign a paper saying I would only drink these in my cabin and if I took the drinks out of the cabin I could be put off the ship at the next port!!!

Katie

From Carnival:

Great pizza (especially wild mushroom goat cheese pizza)

Little tables in the theater

Make-your-own sundae bar

Free hot chocolate and juice available all the time in many locations

Water slide for grown-ups too

Ability to bring wine onboard

PS- I would HATE for RCCL to go to Anytime dining. It's part of what makes cruising a special type of vacation. I can go to a regular restaurant setting anytime, and I love meeting other cruisers!

1. afternoon tea or high tea

2. seafood buffet and oyster bar

3. quality sushi bar

4. larger dance floors

5. twenty four hour ice tea/lemonade

Absolutely YES to numbers 2, 3, and 5! I also liked a previous posters all-inclusive idea. I know the cruise rate would be more expensive, but not having to worry about what I'm spending on the cruise would be fantastic!

Also, free soda like on Disney--although I realize that the extra you pay for a Disney cruise could pay for a lifetime supply!

IMHO,

I'd like to see...

1. Movies under the stars like Princess

2. 24hr self serve frozen yogurt machine like Carnival's Conquest Class

3. Retractable watersports platform like Paul Gauguin

4. Topless sundeck like Carnival

5. Anytime Dining like Princess and NCL

6. Sanctuary/ on-deck massages like Princess

7. One complementary excursion like Regent

IMHO,

I'd like to see...

1. Movies under the stars like Princess

Everyone is entitled to a personal opinion, and I realize that these are yours, and you are welcome to them, but I just had to respond:

Some RC ships do have these.

The Paul Gaugin is a 330 passenger, 18,800 ton ship.

Royal Caribbean's smallest ship, which will soon be transferred to Pullmantur, is the Empress, a 1600 passenger ship of 48,600 tons.

Now the smallest RC ship will be the Sovereign class, at 2,350 passengers and 74,000 tons.

You can't really expect cruise ships of this size to have RETRACTABLE PLATFORMS at water level, can you?

NO THANK YOU.

You are willing to rent a lounge chair for $15 for four hours? I'm not.

Take the price difference between RC and Regent and you can pay for all your excursions, your bar bill, your tips, your gambling and your photos! (and probably have something left over!)

Oceania has:

1 Self service laundry (Why would you care if it was there, you don't have to use it if you don't like it?)

2 Open dining (Including FREE Specialty resturants..only you DO need reservations there) You meet so many more fellow passengers personally too

3 GOOD Coffee anytime from Room service or the Buffet

But you're still stuck with the Art Auctions

There are a lot of things I liked about Princess - anytime dining, self service laundry- with an iron, but I must respond about the muster drill.

You are sitting at tables in the dining room, lounges and specialty restaurants and the tables are set with dishes, glasses and flatware. I saw adults and kids touching the placesettings and kids are playing with the flatware- two hours later people are eating at those placesettings.

Enjoy!!!!! JMHO

FRESH WATER POOLS like Princess

But I've read that with the freshwater pools they don't change the water, so by the end of the cruise, it's all nasty and full of sunscreen residue and who knows what else. :eek: I'll take saltwater that's replaced and kept fresh during the cruise over week-old freshwater anyday!

1. anytime dining..never a problem on previous cruises

2. alcohol drink cards

3. good sushi

4. cd player in room

5.pre dining entertainment in bars

YES! I agree completely to 2, 3, and 5! I wouldn't use a cd player in my room. And I really don't want anytime dining because of stories like this posted earlier by negc:

Try telling that to someone who requests traditional dining and ends up #170 on the wait list and is forced into anytime dining or to frustrated travel agents who try unsuccessfully to get their clients the traditional dining that they have asked for, because Princess insists on devoting more dining rooms to anytime dining even when a majority of their guests have requested traditional. Under that system, anytime dining becomes not an "option" but a fact of life. When Princess first announced the concept I thought that they had come up with a great way to please everyone but their implementation of the concept makes it more of a source of aggravation than an accommodation. As with most great ideas, the devil is in the details.

Anytime seems to work well for people who choose it, but not so well for many who choose traditional.

Call me Lazy, and I am not sure if other cruise lines have this, but I wish there was some indication (birth date and picture is fine by me) on my seapass card that I am over 21. I get tired of having to carry around my ID because I am getting carded because I don't look "old enough"!:rolleyes::eek:

Anytime dining.Put more liquor in fruity drinks.Let you purchase a bottle of liquor and drink in your room.Beach towels in your room like on Princess.peep holes on the doors so you can see who is at your door before opening.Clocks in the room on ship time.

The peep holes and clocks are a great idea (the anytime dining...not so much). ;) I've never understood why there are no clocks in the rooms. Even the scummiest motel I stayed in had a clock!

Oh, and I'm always up for more liquor in the drinks too! :)

I didn't know Freedom OTS has freshwater pools! I would have taken that into major consideration when I was booking last month, because nobody in my family will use any of the pools on the ships because they are salt water.

Anyway these are mine...

More realistic soda card prices

I don't need to stay in the room longer on disembarkation day, but I just feel like that whole process is horrible. Have some type of entertainment or something so it doesn't put a damper on the vacation

And I am all for seafood buffets!! That would be worth every penny of what I paid for the cruise. I would probably be in heaven.

A dock at Labadee instead of tendering.

Ditto to everything in bold above! I wonder why they didn't build a dock at Labadee. :confused:

(Can you guys tell I'm enjoying this thread? ... And trying to get caught up? ... And way too bored right now?) :p

Archived