Three Questions

jwave

I just booked my 5th cruise with Princess and I have three questions:

1. How do you reserve an egg crate? I have never had a problem with bedding before, but reserving an egg crate seems to be a hot topic. How do you do this? I have been all over the cruise personalizer and can't find a place for this?

2. Does the Star have the updated bedding and what does it consist of? I have heard duvets and new sheets, but what about pillows?

3. When was the Star last dry docked? Mostly out of curiosity.

Thanks all, I ask you because y'all know everything.

J

jwave-

we were on the star about a month ago and were surprisingly pleased at the comfort of the beds. we chose to forego an eggcrate as we prefer hard matresses but if you do want one, i believe there is a form you can fax in and i would highly recommend that as we heard they were out of them by someone who asked their room attendant the first day on board.

i will say that the original pillows were AWFUL. we were in a standard double balcony room and the pillows were basically foam. i mentioned this to our attendant the first morning and she gladly brought us 4 wonderful feather pillows as replacement. that said, the duvet and sheets made the bed comfy as well and did appear newer.

HTH!

I just booked my 5th cruise with Princess and I have three questions:

1. How do you reserve an egg crate? I have never had a problem with bedding before, but reserving an egg crate seems to be a hot topic. How do you do this? I have been all over the cruise personalizer and can't find a place for this?

Just ask your room steward when you check into your cabin, they can supply them if you need them.

2. Does the Star have the updated bedding and what does it consist of? I have heard duvets and new sheets, but what about pillows?

Duvets, sheets and pillow types will be waiting for you.

3. When was the Star last dry docked? Mostly out of curiosity.

After it caught on fire was the last time it was drydocked as far as I know. They had a lot of repairs and replacements of an entire section of the ship to take care of.

Thanks all, I ask you because y'all know everything.

J

See answers above.

Opps! Coral, you could be correct on this one. For some reason I am always referring to the mini suites and full suites onboard. So, you could be right that the other cabins have not had the bedding upgraded yet.

My apology if I gave the wrong information to the OP.

Opps! Coral, you could be correct on this one. For some reason I am always referring to the mini suites and full suites onboard. So, you could be right that the other cabins have not had the bedding upgraded yet.

My apology if I gave the wrong information to the OP.

Kosmo posted above that they had a standard balcony and had the upgraded linens last month... So maybe they have started.

Well I thought I answered the OP his question and I guess it went to cyber space. This a.m. this board has been picky. Anyway make sure you request the egg crate from your room steward as soon as you get on board. Do not wait. I made that mistake on my last cruise and waited until the next day and they were all gone. But the room steward was really very helpful. He took the duvet of which I am not a lover of and folded and put it on top of the mattress and then place a sheet and it worked great. So just make sure you request as soon as you get to your cabin. And maybe your bed might be comfortable for you. Who knows.

Marilyn

Archived